Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
TPJ signed with the Dolphins
Full credit to Dobbo:

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Thanks Wayne. Enjoy the poisoned chalice that is TPJ. Looking forward to seeing their culture slowly but surely deteriorate this year now this pelican has joined their system

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Taupau has reportedly been told he won't be offered a new deal for next season ... the Lang Park ground announcer will be devastated. (since he'll no longer be able to shout "kapow" every time Marty touches the ball)

the reports says releasing Marty with free up $350k in our cap, which they'll use to help them keep Xavier Willison, Brendan Piakura and Ben Te Kura

Not sure how much 350k will help to retain those three, especially given Piaks has already re-signed and you need to bring in someone else on minimum wage but hey, whatever floats this journalist’s boat.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Not sure how much 350k will help to retain those three, especially given Piaks has already re-signed and you need to bring in someone else on minimum wage but hey, whatever floats this journalist’s boat.

in comparison, the Fox sports article claimed it will ALL be going to Walsh

Mick_Hancock

Mick_Hancock

NRL Player
Feb 26, 2023
TPJ signed with the Dolphins
Let me through, I got here late!!!
A little late to the party to shit on this news, but…. OOOOOHHHHH YESSSSSS!!!
The leadership at the Broncos with DD and Kev is really impressive atm.
In Kev we trust. ❤️‍🔥

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
I'm very surprised Wayne took him.

Stix

Stix

NRL Player
Mar 28, 2014
I'm very surprised Wayne took him.
He wouldn’t have unless Kevvie said we were. Kevvie put the bait right in front of him and he couldn’t resist. As soon as the news came out that he’d met with the Broncos Wayne came out and said “he came to the Broncos because of me!”

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
We need to look at getting Paix to move on so we can clear up some roster space to bring in another big prop or a versatile outside back

we've been trying to. no-ones interested in him. we may have to suck it up until the end of next season when he is off contract

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
we've been trying to. no-ones interested in him. we may have to suck it up until the end of next season when he is off contract
Thought it was him who didn’t want to leave

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Thanks Wayne. Enjoy the poisoned chalice that is TPJ. Looking forward to seeing their culture slowly but surely deteriorate this year now this pelican has joined their system

He`ll have company at the Jenny Craig training centre with Val Meninga .
They can do extras together .

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
From what I heard there is plenty of interest in him, but not for the money he is on here. No way he is leaving yet I wouldn't think.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
From what I heard there is plenty of interest in him, but not for the money he is on here. No way he is leaving yet I wouldn't think.

Said it before ...
He`s an injury away or form loss away from 1st grade . Why wouldn`t he stay in the Qld sun and bide his time . Just like Smoothy did last season ?
After seeing Mozer for 20 I`d now like to see Paix for 20 with instructions to run at every opportunity .

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Galvin wants out of the Tigers. Could he play 7? Still not seeing the bright side for Madden yet.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Everyone just pretending Wayne won’t get the best out of tpj

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Galvin wants out of the Tigers. Could he play 7? Still not seeing the bright side for Madden yet.
He'll have plenty of interest in Sydney and get plenty of decent offers and/or decent 'kulcha'... no real need for him to head to Qld.

Also don't think we would be able to afford what he'll be looking for.

Unread

Active Now

• Dash
  • KickHaas
  • Fitzy
  • RolledOates
  • Lozza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.