Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Didnt you watch his interview on nine last Friday. Said that he wants to play centre and has no desire to play fullback and only did it for the team. I don't know how much more he can stress he wants to play centre not fullback.
Maybe it's more that if he leaves it's more about moving to chase fullback money then... which comes with pressure, etc. and if he doesnt succeed then he will be put back to his best position of centre ie. Hoffman.

My comment was in response to possible rorters spine if he moved for fullback money and ends up in fullback, but I was indicating that rorters will get Manu back on the cheap after earning millions in rugby, so Manu will actually be the fullback in that spine and Cobbo will just be playing centre again.

He'll be playing center on fullback money, which is good for him, but he'll be in Sydney and getting lumped with Sydney media pressure, and if Uncle Nick doesnt want to pay him fullback money anymore, because something shinier has popped up, then he's a big risk of doing the Sydney team circuit... like Hoffman did.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Va'a Semu looked really promising in the Souths game last weekend, seems quite agile for a middle. He could be anything but I wonder whether he might end up being more of a second-rower. Looks a talent, that's for sure.

Leota also looked to actually be trying and getting his hands dirty which has always worried me. Nice to see him actually coming down with the ball too because the few times I've watched him before, he seems to jump well but not come down with the ball. Also going to the same hairdresser as Xman obviously.

kman

kman

QCup Player
Aug 8, 2021
I have read that TPJ has made his return to the footy field. If we can get him for cheap, then definitely sign him up and replace our current Jack on the bench.

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
If we do sign TPJ who of Hetherington and Gosiewski is going to miss out? Hetherington hasn't had a good year, and Gosiewski has offered very little but he does cover edge better than Hetherington.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I have read that TPJ has made his return to the footy field. If we can get him for cheap, then definitely sign him up and replace our current Jack on the bench.

A) We can't get him for cheap ... The reports were we could get him until round 17 ... And that was before we signed Gos.

B) he hasn't officially retired from boxing, so we won't go near him

C) there has been nothing to suggest that his attitude has changed since we got rid of him due to his toxic nature in the dressing room.

You'd be putting a line through your season ad soon as you signed him.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
If we do sign TPJ who of Hetherington and Gosiewski is going to miss out? Hetherington hasn't had a good year, and Gosiewski has offered very little but he does cover edge better than Hetherington.

TPJ should miss out

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
TPJ should miss out

I am not advocating for getting him but we absolutely have not ruled out getting him, quite the contrary and this has come from Kevvie himself. This of course does not mean we will sign him, we probably won't but it is by no means out of the question.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I am not advocating for getting him but we absolutely have not ruled out getting him, quite the contrary and this has come from Kevvie himself. This of course does not mean we will sign him, we probably won't but it is by no means out of the question.

Firstly that was my opinion

Secondly, pretty sure we have ruled him out while he is boxing. And I don't think he has fully committed to giving that up yet.

Thirdly, Its likely a moot point anyway, because since we signed Gos, I doubt we have cap space for TPJ

And finally, you've been advocating for him all season... Was it the Storm's rejection of him that changed your mind?

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Unless Kobe re-signs on a fairly low-end contract I'm not sure I see him being around long term. I think he's been pretty inconsistent this year and as a bench forward, we're not exactly lacking in depth.

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
TPJ comes with some risks no doubt, if we were flying along you wouldn't risk upsetting the apple cart. But given the way things are looking it's pretty tempting tbh, Hetherington and Gosiewski are setting a pretty low bar.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
TPJ comes with some risks no doubt, if we were flying along you wouldn't risk upsetting the apple cart. But given the way things are looking it's pretty tempting tbh, Hetherington and JG are setting a pretty low bar.
The side looks so much better with TPJ at 17 over a nuff like Gosi or Baker

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Firstly that was my opinion

Secondly, pretty sure we have ruled him out while he is boxing. And I don't think he has fully committed to giving that up yet.

Thirdly, Its likely a moot point anyway, because since we signed Gos, I doubt we have cap space for TPJ

And finally, you've been advocating for him all season... Was it the Storm's rejection of him that changed your mind?

I mean, my posts are all there for you to read man, it isn't a mystery. It is the fact he hasn't changed and the Storm stunt just backed it up. If we did get him though, I won't be disappointed, as long as it is short term.

Unread

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.