Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
Called in sick for training and went to a concert.
Excited Drugs GIF by absurdnoise

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
AS bidding war is reportedly being waged between Super League clubs for Tristan Sailor.

the twist is that Lee Briers (tipped to become an assistant at St Helens) and John Cartwright (new coach of Hull FC) are in the thick of the fight

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
As bad as sailor has been this year will we have to go to market to get a back up fullback for next year when he goes?

Cobbo should and will be back up fullback in my eyes, but half the games walsh will miss cobbo will as well with origin (this year is a tipping point with origin, don't give a **** about it now).

Arthurs can go there too but you don't want to be continuously shifting around your backline throughout the year.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
As bad as sailor has been this year will we have to go to market to get a back up fullback for next year when he goes?

Cobbo should and will be back up fullback in my eyes, but half the games walsh will miss cobbo will as well with origin (this year is a tipping point with origin, don't give a **** about it now).

Arthurs can go there too but you don't want to be continuously shifting around your backline throughout the year.
Yeah Cobbo is fine as a back up, but as you say he'll miss the same games as Walsh most of the time. Arthars is probably solid as a fullback, but doesn't strike me as having ballplaying that we rely on with Walsh.

Hayze Perham is one that @Wolfie flagged previously.

He's off contract and could be someone looking to refresh their career.

They'll be coming as a back up, but they will be guaranteed some games with Walsh in origin restings, etc.

Only has to look at what a stint at broncos did for TMM and Sailor

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
Is there any merit to the talk of Sam Walker coming to Broncos true?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

I doubt it. the article was your typical speculative article, where the "journo" added 2 + 2 and came up with 22.

but let's for a second assume that Walker and Us are interested in doing a deal, I'm not sure we could afford him as the Roosters have reportedly offered him an extension worth $900k a season

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Sounds mostly like his agent trying to get more money out of rorters and Uncle Nick... but it started from complete speculation by Hoops on 360.

Bwaith was speculating if there's any interest up north and they were like "well I think there has to be... he's an Ipswich boy like Kevvie and they have connections up there".

It seems completely baseless especially given we put our money into Ezra already and trying to lock Walsh down long term. We just won't have the money.

Most likely journos are just pointing out the connection to try and get some clicks, because otherwise Sam Walker just quietly signs with rorters and they get no stories out of it

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
There is and it is being discussed amongst his family at present. He also understands that he would have to take less at Broncos, but Cowboys are also showing interest.

You Walker's manager? There would be zero basis for this rumour. He isn't coming to us for less than he would get a the Chickens. The Cows have jack all money.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Yeah Cobbo is fine as a back up, but as you say he'll miss the same games as Walsh most of the time. Arthars is probably solid as a fullback, but doesn't strike me as having ballplaying that we rely on with Walsh.

Hayze Perham is one that @Wolfie flagged previously.

He's off contract and could be someone looking to refresh their career.

They'll be coming as a back up, but they will be guaranteed some games with Walsh in origin restings, etc.

Only has to look at what a stint at broncos did for TMM and Sailor
That kid is a gun .
I was thinkin sell off Walsh and sign him up . Salary cap fixed .

M

mstreet

QCup Player
Sep 3, 2020
I remember when Allan Jones and John Laws were called out with "Cash for Comment". Both were required to announce their "Cash for Comment" before spruiking.

Anasta should be required to do the same. Something like:

I am a player manager. I represent such and such.

It is my financial interest to create a fictitious bidding war. I also get referral fees if I can get such and such a few more dollars.

Concluding with;

I know I am disingenuous, but my pockets won't line themselves.

Unread

Active Now

• MrMoore
  • Allo
  • pennywisealfie
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.