Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

C5992F13 C4CD 470C B699 223B579E2BC4

The thing with Reece is he has a kid without being in a relationship with the mother so he has commitments here, he has heaps of mates, he is performing exceptionally, there is huge 3rd party money up here and he knows better than anyone it’s not always better elsewhere. He wouldn’t leave if it meant earning peanuts imo. He might have a big ego but I don’t think money is the biggest driving factor in his life at this stage. Definitely will know what he is worth in not saying he will stay for peanuts but if it came down to staying for peanuts or going I think he would genuinely stay. I have no concern whatsoever about him leaving. NONE.
I think players like Walsh and mam want representative jerseys too, and know they are more likely to earn and keep them in successful teams, and player combinations will always be looked on favourably.

Pardon my ignorance .
Who is Robinson when he`s at home ?
I think you mean "she's" - our Julia!

So its it something like $3m for 4-5 years?

That's like 600-750k per year. A pretty good deal for everyone I think :)
Yeah even if it's a bit over $3M for 4 years, say $3.2M that's $800k...very fair under the new cap if he continues on his current trajectory IMO, stoked with that. Could be even less and ratchets up to $1M in the last year or something too.

I think players like Walsh and mam want representative jerseys too, and know they are more likely to earn and keep them in successful teams, and player combinations will always be looked on favourably.
Walsh & Mam, half of the future Qld spine right there, been saying it the past 2 years. Potentially add Mozer when BHunt and Grant retire and I guess Dearden/Walker make up the numbers post DCE/Munster. (Edit - Grant is only 25 so you'd think plenty more years yet, perhaps a Grant/Mozer 1-2 punch in years to come?)

Looking good!

I more meant in order of completion rather than priority.
So do I.... the sooner we wrap him up the better. Then we can give arey, hethrington, Walters, Oates, and the depth the rest for 2025, 2026. With background priority to future players like mozer, black, willison, te kura, bryce, leota without breaking the bank until they prove themselves...

The thing with Reece is he has a kid without being in a relationship with the mother so he has commitments here, he has heaps of mates, he is performing exceptionally, there is huge 3rd party money up here and he knows better than anyone it’s not always better elsewhere. He wouldn’t leave if it meant earning peanuts imo. He might have a big ego but I don’t think money is the biggest driving factor in his life at this stage. Definitely will know what he is worth in not saying he will stay for peanuts but if it came down to staying for peanuts or going I think he would genuinely stay. I have no concern whatsoever about him leaving. NONE.
Yeah I'm with you on this. Zero concerns about Walsh even thinking about going elsewhere.

So do I.... the sooner we wrap him up the better. Then we can give arey, hethrington, Walters, Oates, and the depth the rest for 2025, 2026. With background priority to future players like mozer, black, willison, te kura, bryce, leota without breaking the bank until they prove themselves...
Not disputing that at all, all I’m saying is Reyno is as good as done, kinda difficult for Walsh to all of a sudden become priority over an all but completed negotiation that finishes before Walsh’s new deal begins.

It's been a long drought but how good is it to be finally bringing through and locking in genuine superstars.

Really love the make-up of the team at the moment. I don't think it can be understated what a turnaround Kev and DD have driven here.

The thing that gives me immense satisfaction is that it will get the muppets on social media going about how we are able to re-sign players for less than what others clubs are prepared to pay.

As much as I hate the Roosters and their sombrero, that used to be us.

It's been a long drought but how good is it to be finally bringing through and locking in genuine superstars.

Really love the make-up of the team at the moment. I don't think it can be understated what a turnaround Kev and DD have driven here.

And its not just the turnaround but the style of footy we are playing as well, we are an exciting team and great to watch.

Active Now

• Bish
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Jedhead
  • bb_gun
  • Big Del
  • Ondi
  • Financeguy
  • BRC088
  • Fozz
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • broncsgoat
  • mrslong
  • Culhwch
  • maddo
  • Johnny92
  • kman
  • FGfrom50
  • HarryAllan7
  • Bucking Beads
  • Lozza
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.