Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

IWalsh & Mam, half of the future Qld spine right there, been saying it the past 2 years. Potentially add Mozer when BHunt and Grant retire and I guess Dearden/Walker make up the numbers post DCE/Munster. (Edit - Grant is only 25 so you'd think plenty more years yet, perhaps a Grant/Mozer 1-2 punch in years to come?)

Looking good!
Yes, and with Reynolds confirming Mam has designs on shifting to halfback, shuffling that spine might solve his replacement. Which, at the moment, is still a mystery. Walsh might be the best fullback in the comp, but I have no doubt he could also become the best 6. He won't be able to rely on his speed forever.

We wouldn't even need to go to market to run out this:

1. Cobbo
2. Oates/Arthars
3. Staggs
4. Mariner
5. Leota
6. Walsh
7. Mam
9. Mozer

No filler in there.

Yes, and with Reynolds confirming Mam has designs on shifting to halfback, shuffling that spine might solve his replacement. Which, at the moment, is still a mystery. Walsh might be the best fullback in the comp, but I have no doubt he could also become the best 6. He won't be able to rely on his speed forever.

We wouldn't even need to go to market to run out this:

1. Cobbo
2. Oates/Arthars
3. Staggs
4. Mariner
5. Leota
6. Walsh
7. Mam
9. Mozer

No filler in there.
If they were to go with this lineup I'd still keep Walsh at fullback mainly to keep him out of the front line in defence.
Have Cobbo wearing the 6 jersey and let him roam the field in attack and Walsh just do what he's doing now.
Patty will pretty much be playing like the halfback without kicking.

So with Mam locked up, these are the dudes we have coming off contract in 2024 (I'd argue in order of re-signing order):

Reynolds
Walters
Oates
Taupau
Pereira
Hoeter

I am not sure the bottom three there will get re-signed to be honest. But you think the top three are no chance of going anywhere else either so should be relatively simple to get done.

So assuming those guys are all pretty much sorted / not being renewed, I'd say our next order of business will be to consider the 2025 guys and of course this is definitely the order of preference:

Walsh
Cobbo
Mozer
Willison
Hetherington
Staggs
Baker
Smoothy
Leota
Jensen
Hunt

You guys can start looking now:
Paix
Sailor (I only say this because I reckon he already has one foot out the door)

But how good is it to have already locked up until 2026 and beyond:
Haas
Mam
Carrigan
Mariner
Piakura
Riki
Te Kura
Arthars
Madden (eh)

Like we have the nucleus already to be elite for years to come. Now get Walsh, Cobbo, Mozer, Hetherington and Willison locked up and we may become unbeatable.

So with Mam locked up, these are the dudes we have coming off contract in 2024 (I'd argue in order of re-signing order):

Reynolds
Walters
Oates
Taupau
Pereira
Hoeter

I am not sure the bottom three there will get re-signed to be honest. But you think the top three are no chance of going anywhere else either so should be relatively simple to get done.

So assuming those guys are all pretty much sorted / not being renewed, I'd say our next order of business will be to consider the 2025 guys and of course this is definitely the order of preference:

Walsh
Cobbo
Mozer
Willison
Hetherington
Staggs
Baker
Smoothy
Leota
Jensen
Hunt

Paix

Haas
Mam
Carrigan
Mariner
Piakura
Riki
Te Kura
Arthars
Madden (eh)

Like we have the nucleus already to be elite for years to come. Now get Walsh, Cobbo, Mozer, Hetherington and Willison locked up and we may become unbeatable.
On Willison I'd be looking to try extend him before he gets too much time in the NRL under his belt.
I haven't seen too much of him but he looks like he's got something special.
With alot of clubs having a ageing forward packs Willison and also Te Kura could be big targets.

On Willison I'd be looking to try extend him before he gets too much time in the NRL under his belt.
I haven't seen too much of him but he looks like he's got something special.
With alot of clubs having a ageing forward packs Willison and also Te Kura could be big targets.
I wouldn't break the bank on him yet, he's looking great, but he needs to stay on the park. He's had a lot of time off the field.

Reynolds
Walters
Oates
Taupau
Pereira
Hoeter

Walsh
Cobbo
Mozer
Willison
Hetherington
Staggs
Baker
Smoothy
Leota
Jensen
Hunt

Paix

Haas
Mam
Carrigan
Mariner
Piakura
Riki
Te Kura
Arthars
Madden (eh)

Mozer might be the next Walsh when it comes to cap squeeze.

I wouldn't break the bank on him yet, he's looking great, but he needs to stay on the park. He's had a lot of time off the field.
Although it does not really mean much, but fun fact: xavier has the highest points per minute (PPM) of any nrl player in supercoach.

Hopefully he can stay on the field this year and get a few more minutes and really start to show what he has got.

Yeah that's why I'd try and lock him up abit longer before we need to break the bank on him. Once he gets a good run of games in first grade his price and the amount clubs offering him ridiculous money will only go up.

Mozer might be the next Walsh when it comes to cap squeeze.

True he might. It will be interesting to see how he goes when he inevitably gets his shot this season. If he bursts out of the gates and we haven’t already locked him up, it could become problematic. That said, he hasn’t proven anything yet and you are only paying for potential right now.

Active Now

• Maroon4life
  • Mr Fourex
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Harry Sack
  • MrTickyMcG
  • broncos4life
  • cento
  • Battler
  • Fitzy
  • Justwin
  • MrRobot
  • Wolfie
  • Morkel
  • davidp
  • Browny
  • BroncosAlways
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.