Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

Probably excessive given we already have Oatesy as a backup but would anyone take Charlie Staines if he was available? Could be a good pickup - only 23, plenty of upside. Is from Penrith though so that'll knock him down in a few estimates.
I don't rate him, he was given many opportunities to cement himself at Penrith and never did...always felt Cleary didn't have 100% confidence in him.

If he was base wage there is probably some value but he is a dime a dozen type winger imo.

Josh Curran is being moved on by the Warriors. I like what he brings. Right money he would be a handy pick up.
I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at the Storm TBH, he's the type of player Bellamy could squeeze a few seasons out of.

Big fan of Curran

Arguable issues with discipline on and off, but I think he’s a gun

He’d be a bit of a luxury buy, but we need some second-row depth for injury/suspension and with Capewell on the way down and Piakura will be up and down until he hits consistency in first grade

Can work if we’re looking at a positional move with Patty/Capewell etc like a few want, that’ll open a bench spot, but Josh would probably want to start as he got demoted this season

I'm hoping the Curran situation is a matter of him wanting to come back to Aus.

If it's the Warriors making the call to let him go, I find that be a strange one. He's a gun and a player worth holding onto.

I'm hoping the Curran situation is a matter of him wanting to come back to Aus.

If it's the Warriors making the call to let him go, I find that be a strange one. He's a gun and a player worth holding onto.

Webster seemed to favour Niukore and Ford

He probably wants to be starting

Mole is saying Paix has had a couple of nibbles and is likely to go.

Is he behind Smoothy though? As it stands, Smoothy isn't with us in 2024.

I wouldn't call him behind Mozer either, Mozer is completely unproven at this level, while Paix has had some decent games.

Would you bet against him being extended?

Good question. If Paix is going, I'd be confident that he'd be extended. If Paix stays, I'm not sure the Broncs will extend him as 4 hookers are too many. It seems strange he hasn't yet been extended. I'm not sure which way they will go as Mozer isn't ready to be a full timer yet most likely but there will be strong incentive to give Smoothy's role to him and honestly, I'm not sure that is a bad idea myself. I'd love to have Smoothy on board but ultimately think it comes down to what Paix does.

That said, I'm surprised no other club has taken the opportunity to shoot him an offer.

Good question. If Paix is going, I'd be confident that he'd be extended. If Paix stays, I'm not sure the Broncs will extend him as 4 hookers are too many. It seems strange he hasn't yet been extended. I'm not sure which way they will go as Mozer isn't ready to be a full timer yet most likely but there will be strong incentive to give Smoothy's role to him and honestly, I'm not sure that is a bad idea myself. I'd love to have Smoothy on board but ultimately think it comes down to what Paix does.

That said, I'm surprised no other club has taken the opportunity to shoot him an offer.
if it wasn't behind them, seems an odd decision to banish him to Qld Cup for "experience" the year the rest of the squad seemed to have their games together...

Didn't make sense to extend Paix to me at the time.

Makes sense to me now to extend Smoothy at least one more year, and let Paix talk to other clubs. I don't think he deserves to be playing Cup, but he must be 4th string by now. Surely Mozer is next off the rank.

Smoothy hasn't been added to the departures list so I would say he's getting another deal.

I hope he does. He had a rocky start but he came good and he's a handy hooker to have.

Whaaa ?
You are gonna let a guy who played the finals in your team look elsewhere .
But keep a guy who can`t make 1sts ?

I highly doubt it .

Didn't make sense to extend Paix to me at the time.

Makes sense to me now to extend Smoothy at least one more year, and let Paix talk to other clubs. I don't think he deserves to be playing Cup, but he must be 4th string by now. Surely Mozer is next off the rank.

Well Mozer got that last round game .
Paix was not even in the extended squad . He`ll be going elsewhere soon .

The guys who were leaving all got acknowledged at the awards night . Smoothy wasn`t on that list .

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Hurrijo
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncoFan94
  • TimWhatley
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Skyblues87
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Morkel
  • rj9
  • BruiserMk1
  • bert_lifts
  • Rookie Alan
  • Dash
  • Cavalo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Alec
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.