Q-CUP Queensland Cup 2023

Sailor flick pass for Pereira to score.

Pereira again- Souths just have to take a few up the middle then hit out wide to score.

Souths just pass it around in the middle until Sailor gets it and he explodes to run 50m to score.

Delouise scores on the end of some ball finally.

I don't think Hunt is too happy with the 30 against.

Attack was great.

I don't think Hunt is too happy with the 30 against.

Attack was great.
It's a shame this isn't televised to the same level as the 1st Grade. It's definitely a marketable product. I mean 4th Tier soccer is televised in Germany, and it is seriously low skill relative to Bundesliga.

IMG 6434

I really do wonder what all of this means for Paix. I am a big fan and really thought he'd come good but he just hasn't. He is basically the only player in the whole squad of 30 who has either stagnated or regressed. I mean surely that must all be on him?

Magpies back on top by a point.

Magpies 34
Bears 33

Magpies diff is 200 and Bears 163.

So minor premiership is open- Magpies still striving to become the first team to go from last to first.

Magpies play CQ away and Bears play Townsville away.

I really do wonder what all of this means for Paix. I am a big fan and really thought he'd come good but he just hasn't. He is basically the only player in the whole squad of 30 who has either stagnated or regressed. I mean surely that must all be on him?
Without replaying the same argument over and over, given the diminished opportunities, I don't think we can judge whether he's "stagnated or regressed." My personal view - which doesn't count for anything - is he did improve this season, then got decreasing minutes and eventually dumped. Smoothy is maybe better, I think probably yes, but who could really say?

But I do think it means it would be better for both parties if he could get a crack at 9 somewhere else. Billy has two mates already. One who needs to be extended for peanuts; the other who's on the verge of his debut. He doesn't need a third. But the club would use his cap space.

Plus, I'd like to see him succeed.

Smoothy is maybe better, I think probably yes, but who could really say?

Tackling .
You know those times when the other team has the ball .

Smoothy has him covered with passing and tackling . Paix a little more speed from a standing start but is not effective with it .

That around the back pass by Smoothie on Friday night condemned Paix to seconds until an injury .

That around the back pass by Smoothie on Friday night condemned Paix to seconds until an injury .
Yep, that was the exact moment I decided Paix should ask for a release. He's not playing a final, unless there's an injury.

Without replaying the same argument over and over, given the diminished opportunities, I don't think we can judge whether he's "stagnated or regressed." My personal view - which doesn't count for anything - is he did improve this season, then got decreasing minutes and eventually dumped. Smoothy is maybe better, I think probably yes, but who could really say?

But I do think it means it would be better for both parties if he could get a crack at 9 somewhere else. Billy has two mates already. One who needs to be extended for peanuts; the other who's on the verge of his debut. He doesn't need a third. But the club would use his cap space.

Plus, I'd like to see him succeed.
I dont know if he has necessarily improved this year. I thought Paix was on his way to becoming the number 1 hooker until he did his MCL against raiders last year... at that point he was starting to get the majority of the minutes and was looking really confident out on the field.

Dont feel he's been close to the same since that point.

He did get to that point by being the number 1 man at Souths though, so it might be the best place for him to get his form back... of course this time around he's competing with a young gun who's trying to get the same role.

I dont know if he has necessarily improved this year. I thought Paix was on his way to becoming the number 1 hooker until he did his MCL against raiders last year... at that point he was starting to get the majority of the minutes and was looking really confident out on the field.

Dont feel he's been close to the same since that point.

He did get to that point by being the number 1 man at Souths though, so it might be the best place for him to get his form back... of course this time around he's competing with a young gun who's trying to get the same role.

I actually think Paix would benefit from a loan type deal with a superleague club.

I actually think Paix would benefit from a loan type deal with a superleague club.
Yep I think a loan type deal would be a great idea even within NRL.

Can see it benefitting all parties... assuming the club would be content with using Smoothy and Mozer as NRL regulars if injuries hit... or maybe have a callback if injuries occurred (unsure if an NRL club would be happy with that though)

Active Now

• Morkel
  • The Strapper
  • Big Del
  • RolledOates
  • Ondi
  • Jazza
  • Foordy
  • Allo
  • Rambstien
  • Lostboy
  • Kev_Guz
  • kman
  • BroncosAlways
  • Galah
  • Sproj
  • Browny
  • MrMoore
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Justwin
  • broncs30
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.