Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

Interesting the CM saying we have 300k to spend. Anyone have a rough idea what Capewell was on?

Assuming his money has gone towards the Mam upgrade but will be interesting to see what 300k can buy us Versus what keeping Capewell would have meant for our cap Versus what happens if we can't find a cheap second rower and Piakura/riki miss a lot of games.

Salary cap management is a risk V reward game and I'd imagine the risk of letting Capes go was well understood. Might be short term pain for long term gain?

TPJ may not have changed but there are indications he possibly has to be fair:
- Giving up his match payments to charity
- Is still giving priority to boxing
- Even before he left was open about loving the Broncos, not the sport and has been consistent with that

He isn't very bright but that doesn't mean he hasn't changed. Lets see where he sits in a month or two from now
2zfpq5.jpg

We have a 300k budget. Sua isnt coming for 300k.

The club should be targeting a short term option like maybe Angus Chricton (the roosters might want to spend his money elsewhere and he is on the way out of the club)
A big no to Howarth - the storm are keen to get him off their books but he is on 500k for the next 3 years.

Chricton might appreciate the change of scenery. Wouldn't be opposed to having him on board for a bit.

I just love that the Roosters can afford to have a current Australian rep (at time of re-signing) sitting on their reserves list.

I see Preston Riki is off contract this year at Penrith. He's been in a great system and not getting an opportunity. Bring him to Brissy to play with his bro?

I see Preston Riki is off contract this year at Penrith. He's been in a great system and not getting an opportunity. Bring him to Brissy to play with his bro?
Nope, he’s not related to Riki. But a brother from different mother & father.

If you want to bring in a brother, is Payne’s brother @Titans any good?

At the moment, there are more than 20 back-rowers who are off-contract at the end of the season.

The list is headlined by Kulikefu Finefeuiaki, Luke Garner and Angus Crichton but also includes players such as Coen Hess, Klese Haas, Jaydn Su'A, Trey Mooney, and Euan Aitken

Kleese is the logical option, the others are either too dear, too out of touch or wouldn’t move without a starting spot. Kleese is the opposite with the benefit of having his brother already at the club

We have a 300k budget. Sua isnt coming for 300k.

The club should be targeting a short term option like maybe Angus Chricton (the roosters might want to spend his money elsewhere and he is on the way out of the club)
A big no to Howarth - the storm are keen to get him off their books but he is on 500k for the next 3 years.

I'd take Howarth if the Storm are willing to let him go and he fits into our pay structure. Only 22 i think, still got a lot of potential.

I wouldn't be against signing the younger Haas, he played pretty good last year in the back row for Titans I thought, he certainly would bridge the gap between our current backrowers and Hunt pretty well, and wouldn't break the bank.

I'd take Howarth if the Storm are willing to let him go and he fits into our pay structure. Only 22 i think, still got a lot of potential.
Not for 500k a year. There is a reason the storm want him off the books, he isn't earning his keep

Not for 500k a year. There is a reason the storm want him off the books, he isn't earning his keep
I wouldn't pay the 500k either, but he always looks like he has something about him when I see him play. I think @1910 Mentioned that the storm have been trying to convert him to play in the centres and it's not working for him ( could be wrong on that though )

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Stix
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Griffo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Maddy
  • Inknition
  • BroncosAlways
  • MrTickyMcG
  • lynx000
  • Sproj
  • levikaden
  • Fozz
  • Waynesaurus
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Galah
  • Swordfish
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.