Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

"Tesi is one of the best athletes in the game!" - BHQ 2020
mate there was like 3 people saying that. sadly for Tesi I've never seen a prospect ridden so hard (guilty as charged but the sour taste...)

If this signing is confirmed, then I'm a little scared that both our depth back rowers couldn't get into the Dragons rotation... but for the best balance to our side right now, I'd take experience over a rookie. Just get fully fit and wound up come August and beyond FFS!

It's on.

Screenshot 2024 03 28 23 12 42 844 cominstagramandroid

Phil "not a drunk, allegedly" rothfield has already started the "can't fit all these players under their cap" articles and in his "shoosh" section, which the title would imply there are rumours circling (seems there isn't here because...) he has said it's his "tip" that cobbo will go to the Roosters. No mail on it, just his thoughts. How come he never has these "tips " about the sharks or one of his other Sydney buddies.

Maybe we won't keep him, that's actually pretty obvious that we will give up someone in the backline, but ffs this shocking standard of journalism where they are just throwing darts and claiming to be an inside man when they get 1 out of 100 right and never mention the 99 they get wrong is fuvking embarrassing.

The standard of nrl journalism is putrid and I feel ashamed for clicking on it...

Phil "not a drunk, allegedly" rothfield has already started the "can't fit all these players under their cap" articles and in his "shoosh" section, which the title would imply there are rumours circling (seems there isn't here because...) he has said it's his "tip" that cobbo will go to the Roosters. No mail on it, just his thoughts. How come he never has these "tips " about the sharks or one of his other Sydney buddies.

Maybe we won't keep him, that's actually pretty obvious that we will give up someone in the backline, but ffs this shocking standard of journalism where they are just throwing darts and claiming to be an inside man when they get 1 out of 100 right and never mention the 99 they get wrong is fuvking embarrassing.

The standard of nrl journalism is putrid and I feel ashamed for clicking on it...

Yep we can’t keep them all…so he goes to the Roosters…because I guess unlike everyone else in league…they can?

Yep we can’t keep them all…so he goes to the Roosters…because I guess unlike everyone else in league…they can?
The roosters have lost Manu and Sualii, and JWH. Teddy is in his twilight years. Not out of the question they could be interested in Cobbo

The roosters have lost Manu and Sualii, and JWH. Teddy is in his twilight years. Not out of the question they could be interested in Cobbo

They also still have Tedesco on big money plus Walker, Young, Smith, Collins, Leniu, Radley on big money and several kids they need to upgrade…basically same as us. And they still haven’t lost Manu yet.

That kinda sounds similar to us losing capewell, flegler, herbie and paliasia, as well as ant others this year and next, and reynolds being in his twighlight years and then also retiring....

Oh wait, no. If we used their accountant/maths we would be even more "under" the cap... strange...

I’m with you on this. It p*sses me off way more than it should that you just never seem to get the same sort of journalistic speculation about the Panthers, Roosters, Storm etc. it’s clearly aimed at bringing us down - just like how they all want more brisbane/Qld teams for the same reason.

In reality, what we know (based on other wider reporting) is we are currently ~300k UNDER the cap this year - AFTER the upgrades. Hence the ability to consider TPJ. Maybe… just MAYBE… that’s because we already lost nearly 25% of our 2023 top 17.

But hey, why would they let maths get in the way of their agenda.

Is anyone else ok about the idea of losing Cobbo? Starts at wing, asks for centre, but really wants to be a fullback.

He's more an athlete than a footballer.

With Walsh, our soon locked down long term fullback. I can see Mariner being a centre.

Not a like for like replacement, but with our style of high effort, speed, and throw it around football, all building around Walsh, I'm ok with Cobbo leaving.

Can't keep them all. Katoni will take a pay cut. Out of all the shopping around his manager did, Eels bit but walked away. Came back to our offer.

Cobbo has had a few good games in the effort area, but my concern is it is his nature to clock off, just like Latrell.

I'd take a Jack Reed or a Michael Devere on the minimal money they command, if it meant a power spine and a commanding pack.

Is anyone else ok about the idea of losing Cobbo? Starts at wing, asks for centre, but really wants to be a fullback.

With Walsh, our soon locked down long term fullback. I can see Mariner being a centre.

Not a like for like replacement, but with our style of high effort, speed, and throw it around football, all building around Walsh, I'm ok with Cobbo leaving.

Can't keep them all. Katoni will take a pay cut. Out of all the shopping around his manager did, Eels bit but walked away. Came back to our offer.

Cobbo has had a few good games in the effort area, but my concern is it is his nature to clock off, just like Latrell.

I'd take a Jack Reed or a Michael Devere on the minimal money they command, if it meant a power spine and a commanding pack.
I'd rather keep Cobbo tbh. If he can put it all together, He's got the capability to be top tier. I think our cap will be an issue considering what we have already the outlay we already have.

I’d lose Cobbo to keep all of Mozer, Willison, Te Kura, Staggs (and anyone else worth keeping that we haven’t already). If we are losing more than one player you don’t want him to be one of them though. Long story short I’d sacrifice him to keep the rest of the side in tact but I wouldn’t if we are going to have mass exodus again. Thing is Cobbo will be a bust anywhere outside of SEQ I have no doubt about it. Sydney would chew him up and spit him out. If he commands money he just simply isn’t worth see ya champ. Very gifted but I’m not sure if he will reach the heights he should. He’s a few weeks into centre so he could go onto prove us wrong he is nowhere near comfortable there yet but currently if we could keep everyone else I’d cut him loose if someone had to go (which they will).

I'd rather keep Cobbo tbh. If he can put it all together, He's got the capability to be top tier. I think our cap will be an issue considering what we have already the outlay we already have.
Hence the post.

We don't have the money to upgrade Cobbo. I believe he's already on a good wicket. If he wants fullback, he's not for us.

I compare him to latrell or Inglis, but with the style we are constructing around Walsh, I don't think he's essential to the bigger picture.

Happy for him to stay, but if wants a million, no thanks.

Active Now

• Battler
  • Santa
  • broncsgoat
  • Foordy
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Skathen
  • winslow_wong
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Midean
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Fozz
  • Harry Sack
  • Morkel
  • jd87
  • Lurker
  • BroncosMan
  • westy316
  • Wolfie
  • Bronx48
  • matthewransom34@ic
... and 49 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.