Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Technically not necessarily as he is not available anyway. We can bring someone in who can play but we have 3 days to do so.
How many roster spots do we have open anyway?

Pereira doesn't necessarily need to be replaced I think... wasn't it Isaako a couple years back where he was on the roster as of Round 1 and then released not long later, but we didn't have to replace him in the roster... Ikin special that one

Swordfish

Swordfish

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2022
I’m not sure how much of sway does DD have recruitment but I reckon it’s about time to stamp his astute planning/thinking & authority in that regards. He surely must’ve picked up some whilst at the chat grubs.
Given our recruitment’s have all gone pear shaped this season, time for some smart thinking.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
I’m not sure how much of sway does DD have recruitment but I reckon it’s about time to stamp his astute planning/thinking & authority in that regards. He surely must’ve picked up some whilst at the chat grubs.
Given our recruitment’s have all gone pear shaped this season, time for some smart thinking.
It's a byproduct of shopping in the expiring section. The bigger issue is we've got them for two years so that means getting rid is probably very remote.

I don't see any reason why we don't rely on Q Cup forwards to plug the holes. Give them 1 year min contract deals. If they perform, see what you can do about retaining them on slight bumps, otherwise if they find better contracts elsewhere like Keenan, good luck to them and back we go to Q Cup.

Swordfish

Swordfish

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2022
It's a byproduct of shopping in the expiring section. The bigger issue is we've got them for two years so that means getting rid is probably very remote.

I don't see any reason why we don't rely on Q Cup forwards to plug the holes. Give them 1 year min contract deals. If they perform, see what you can do about retaining them on slight bumps, otherwise if they find better contracts elsewhere like Keenan, good luck to them and back we go to Q Cup.
That’s where I’m perplexed too. Given that we’ve multiple affiliates, it’s seems that we only rely on them to get some game time for our contracted & ‘in the loop’ players. We don’t intend to pick from our affiliate’s strangely.

On the contrary, some of the clubs that do pick from their affiliates are doing great. Wonder what Kev’s thinking here is?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
That's right.

It's why the Roosters are desperate to bring Nawaqanitawase over beforehand and have supposedly applied for an exemption.

If you spell that off the top of your head, you deserve to win a spelling bee.

this won't happen as Nawaqanitawase has been drafted into the Aussie Sevens training camp and will likely be selected for the Olympics

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
“It's definitely a hard one,” Sailor told The Courier Mail.

“We have such a strong roster and the thing is everyone (in the playmaking spine) is younger than me ... Jock (Madden), Ezra (Mam) and ‘Walshy'.

“It's something me and my manager will have to look at as it comes up because I want to get quality NRL minutes.

“As I always say, I have to take opportunities and where that comes, who knows where it might come.”

“I absolutely love the Broncos, but roster-wise it is very hard,” Sailor said.

“That's why, with the opportunities I get, I want to make the most of them. I definitely would like to play as much NRL as possible.

“I am focused on doing my role for the club at the moment but when the time comes (to weigh up his future), we'll see what happens.”

Unread

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Lostboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.