Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

I seen Walsh say he could get plenty of offers from other clubs. Tbh our clubs attitude has completely gone and unless we fix this, nothing will change. He should take under 1 million because he's brought nothing to the club, either think of the club or let him walk.
Fake news

I'll come out with it, i'm not convinced Walsh is a generational player. I'd call Lockyer a generational player, dont think Walsh is in the same bracket as Locky after 4 years.
You’re gonna be in trouble.

I'll come out with it, i'm not convinced Walsh is a generational player. I'd call Lockyer a generational player, dont think Walsh is in the same bracket as Locky after 4 years.
Brave call. I think he needs to study what Edwards and Papenhuysen are doing, and play more a bit like them as opposed to chasing the highlight reel of Lockyer though. It was a different era entirely.

I think he's another guy in our team that just isn't focussing on nailing the basics enough.

He gets caught in the ruck on our goal line a lot... and that's sometimes just him getting into tackles that he doesn't necessarily need to be in. If he's going to be putting himself in that position then he has to realise that he's gotta get on his bike, because the opposition will be looking for a kick in behind, especially when he gets himself caught in the ruck out on the edges. Too often he'll be sitting at marker on the 10m line... why?? get the **** back to fullback and defend with 1 marker.

His focus is almost entirely on attack and he appears to fatigue himself, because he doesn't show enough urgency to be covering side to side... the fullback is too important covering in behind the defensive line nowadays to have him not be following the ball... it's like the bare minimum for fullbacks defending on the goal line... follow the fucking ball.

The good thing with him though is he always wants the ball in his hands and is always competing, you absolutely want that in a player, especially when he's an elite attacking weapon like Walsh... however he has no composure whatsoever and that is why he needs structure around him... harder for him to go off script if it means going outside the structure. Just focus on doing some basic shit and then hit the go button when a quick ptb occurs or the defence gives you something.

In general he needs to run the ball more... his first thought is to pass, because he wants to be in the next tackle or the one after that, but for the first half he should pretty much just fucking run... not only in good ball, but also in yardage. I don't want him taking one out hitups and getting bashed, but he plays DH in yardage sets... fake to the one out man and then run from dummy half to try and get in behind the markers. Poke your nose through and then look for a quick ptb for your teammate. He should be a threat to the defence every time he touches it, but they don't even care that him or Ezra are in there.

It should also be a trigger for him and Ezra that if a quick ptb happens between our goal line and the opposition 40m, that they should be pushing up with the ball. Either trailing the DH, running from dummy half themselves (just Hodgo and push them out) or the team looking for either one of them and then just fucking run... don't hesitate looking for a pass, just run. If there's not much on poke your nose through, but focus on getting that quick ptb and give the next guy a chance.

It will become second nature that if there's a quick ptb they're off and they know the ball is coming to them or the team is looking for them... and they will know the other one is coming with them and will be available for a pass. The team will also know that if there's a quick ptb then it's the responsibility of the whole team to be pushing up with the ball, because if they don't create something a quick ptb is more than likely following it and then you just keep rolling.

100% This. Walsh couldn't tie Lockys shoelaces.
Locky was a generational talent from the get.
You could tell from his first game.
The way he made defences miss, his positional play, maturity, team first attitude. He had it all and he didn't **** up like Walsh does.
Walsh could become very good but will never reach Lockyers level.

I would love to have another Locky in our team. I so wish Walsh start to slow down and think first before any of his flashy stuff. He MUST understand that he can’t score every single play & it’s definitely not just him who’s on the field. It’s a team sport ffs & he should absolutely get that.

I know he put his hand up to mentor a certain lazy ass only to be pushed back atrociously but what’s Locky up to these days? Hope he’s not too busy in those corporate suits. I would love for him to sit down with Reece in the long offseason we will have & drill some common sense.

Geez you lot are tough. Give the kid a break. This year he's been on the receiving end of a "if you can't beat him, break him" mentality where he's been out with a shattered cheek and one of the most sickening concussions I've ever seen. Almost in back to back games. To think anybody let alone a 22 year old can just magically ignore those injuries and return to form is laughable.

Anybody watching walsh can see he's a generational talent. I've never seen someone burst through the line with his levels of acceleration, particularly In 2023 where he was at his best.

The biggest disappointment for me this year has been ezra. Faced no real turmoil all season, good for a lazy intercept pass once a week, terrible in defence and is basically getting paid 800k to hit the ball up each week. We needed him this year and he's been nowhere to be seen.

Can't kick walsh while he's down with the season he's had. Give him a chance to return to some form. 2024 has not been kind to him, like alot of our players.

I'd also like to point out comparisons with lockyer are almost impossible. Lockyer came Into the side when the Broncos were the best they had ever been. Langer, Walters, tallis, webcke, Carroll, renouf, thorn, petro the list goes on. The squad was basically the incumbent QLD squad.

Locky is probably my favorite player of all time, but in reality i would never know if he was going to be as good coming into a side who were wooden spooners rather than premiers prior to his debut.

he could have nominate the Phins. he didn't ... and it's not like it was a secret how much the Phins would have paid to land him

Dunno about that .
I seem to recall the Warriors boss saying he would only agree to the Broncos for a transfer . Because of the way he was released initially and because of good relations between the clubs . Broncos "lent " them Jesse Arthars remember .

Geez you lot are tough. Give the kid a break. This year he's been on the receiving end of a "if you can't beat him, break him" mentality where he's been out with a shattered cheek and one of the most sickening concussions I've ever seen. Almost in back to back games. To think anybody let alone a 22 year old can just magically ignore those injuries and return to form is laughable.

Anybody watching walsh can see he's a generational talent. I've never seen someone burst through the line with his levels of acceleration, particularly In 2023 where he was at his best.

The biggest disappointment for me this year has been ezra. Faced no real turmoil all season, good for a lazy intercept pass once a week, terrible in defence and is basically getting paid 800k to hit the ball up each week. We needed him this year and he's been nowhere to be seen.

Can't kick walsh while he's down with the season he's had. Give him a chance to return to some form. 2024 has not been kind to him, like alot of our players.

Yeah !
Those hits in the head really inhibit your ability to do the things that are required .
Like kick the ball out on the full from a penalty . Not kick it out on the full on the 5th . Chase the ball across field in your 20 . Not kick the ball dead , especially early in the tackle count . Not throw hail Mary passes then crack the shits with team mates . etc etc .
Poor Reecey all these bullies pickin on him !

Yeah !
Those hits in the head really inhibit your ability to do the things that are required .
Like kick the ball out on the full from a penalty . Not kick it out on the full on the 5th . Chase the ball across field in your 20 . Not kick the ball dead , especially early in the tackle count . Not throw hail Mary passes then crack the shits with team mates . etc etc .
Poor Reecey all these bullies pickin on him !
And with this post, I think BHQ has officially hit full meltdown mode.

The last bastions of optimism and reason have fallen @Santa and @Big Pete

Dark times indeed

I'm not saying that Walsh's potential and talent isn't amazing high. What I am saying I want the players at the club to think more about Broncos. Rather than making the club pay them overs because of the hype they receive from the media.

Dunno about that .
I seem to recall the Warriors boss saying he would only agree to the Broncos for a transfer . Because of the way he was released initially and because of good relations between the clubs . Broncos "lent " them Jesse Arthars remember .

When Walsh asked for a release to go home, the Warriors boss reportedly said to Walsh that he wouldn't allow this to become a media circus, then asked Walsh to nominate which club he wanted to go to ... Walsh nominated us, so he was given permission to negotiate with us alone

Active Now

• marw
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Waynesaurus
  • scobie
  • broncos4life
  • Aldo
  • Gaz
  • Xarr
  • Shane Tronc
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.