Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

999e78e5-29ef-46ed-8d09-0b5496b7768d_text.gif
100% we should be going after Walker, he would be an amazing replacement for Reynolds. Walker is from QLD so bring him home and see if Walsh will take a paycut to help out.

100% we should be going after Walker, he would be an amazing replacement for Reynolds. Walker is from QLD so bring him home and see if Walsh will take a paycut to help out.
I thought there was a spat between Sam Walker and some of the Qld U18 boys from a few years back... Walker was a snitch or something?

Got on the wrong side of Walsh, Hammer, Cobbo, etc.

If that is the case I doubt Walsh is taking a pay cut for him haha

Thats just nonsense. How on earth he can be 5 years past his use by date when he would have played in a grand final 2 years ago 2022 if it wasnt for injury and he was a big part in their run to the final. You are speaking about him like he's ancient. He's no slower than he was when he was left. He's never relied on speed in how he plays anyway. He must have something going for him in how he plays because when Sivo played next to him he actually looked good in defence. He is a player who might be nothing special, but players around him tend to look better.

He's not a superstar, but he works hard, knows his job, does the 1 percenters every time he plays and is low maintenance. He will come fairly cheap, cant see any downside to him.
Always liked Opa. Bring him home!

I thought there was a spat between Sam Walker and some of the Qld U18 boys from a few years back... Walker was a snitch or something?

Got on the wrong side of Walsh, Hammer, Cobbo, etc.

If that is the case I doubt Walsh is taking a pay cut for him haha
People can always make mistakes, but it's not too difficult to apologise and make up for it.

He makes sense as a Signing if he is to replace Kobe, since he can play backrow aswell as middle.

Rumor is it's not just performance that has him dropped, Ricky is off him so it's likey done to force him to look elsewhere.

The biggest question though is how much he would cost, he likely occupies a large window of what his value could be, I suspect a decent gamble on that is required to get him over a more desperate Sydney club though.

These players currently available come November 1 unless re-signing beforehand. Who are we retaining?

Walsh, Staggs, Cobbo, Mozer, Willison, Hetherington, Reynolds

Some players we can go after:
Canberra: Savage
Canterbury: Addo-Carr, Curran, Sexton...Turpin haha
Cronulla: Atkinson, Hunt, Mulitalo, Nikora
Redcliffe: Kerr, Lemuelu
Gold Coast: J.Fifita, Palasia
Manly: Bullemor, Talau
Melbourne: Papenhuyzen, Pezet, Kamikamica
Auckland: Harris, Martin, Watene-Zelezniak
Newcastle: Lucas
North Queensland: Chester, Cotter, Neame, Duffy
Parramatta: Campbell-Gillard, Hopgood
Penrith: Luke, Riki, Schneider
Souths: Ilias
St George: NA
Easts: Walker
Wests: Seyfarth

He makes sense as a Signing if he is to replace Kobe, since he can play backrow aswell as middle.

Rumor is it's not just performance that has him dropped, Ricky is off him so it's likey done to force him to look elsewhere.

The biggest question though is how much he would cost, he likely occupies a large window of what his value could be, I suspect a decent gamble on that is required to get him over a more desperate Sydney club though.
I think despite his contract at the Raiders, there are several mitigating factors - He's not playing first grade at the moment, hes had an injury since signing his contract etc. Heres to hoping we can get him on a modest roosters style $250k deal with the remainder on our unaudited storm style "reserve" set of books.

I personally hope we go for him ... Soley to watch BHQ turn on him 10 seconds after he gets here.

People around these parts were off him right up until the time he suited up for a rival ... Especially when we played him in the back row which is the position in the forwards we need to strengthen

I think Horsburgh for anything at 400k or less would be acceptable with the Cap continuing to go up. The reality is that if Canberra want him gone, they need to pay a chunk of his salary.

I think Horsburgh for anything at 400k or less would be acceptable with the Cap continuing to go up. The reality is that if Canberra want him gone, they need to pay a chunk of his salary.

I agree.

Although Canberra are reportedly refusing to pay any of his salary. The report is that if a deal can't be done with another club he's prepared to stay at the Raiders (on his $550k a year salary)

I personally hope we go for him ... Soley to watch BHQ turn on him 10 seconds after he gets here.

People around these parts were off him right up until the time he suited up for a rival ... Especially when we played him in the back row which is the position in the forwards we need to strengthen
No one would have cared if he didn't improve dramatically in 23 especially as backup Lock, he never really could play backrow he was only useful as a middle.

If we got him back it would be at the expense of Marty.

I agree.

Although Canberra are reportedly refusing to pay any of his salary. The report is that if a deal can't be done with another club he's prepared to stay at the Raiders (on his $550k a year salary)
550k in Sydney is like 450k in Brisbane. McDonald's are third party affiliated with the Broncos. For an extra 50k big red can put on his loose pants and big shoes and go play Ronald McDonald without even needing to dye his hair.

These players currently available come November 1 unless re-signing beforehand. Who are we retaining?

Walsh, Staggs, Cobbo, Mozer, Willison, Hetherington, Reynolds

Some players we can go after:
Canberra: Savage
Canterbury: Addo-Carr, Curran, Sexton...Turpin haha
Cronulla: Atkinson, Hunt, Mulitalo, Nikora
Redcliffe: Kerr, Lemuelu
Gold Coast: J.Fifita, Palasia
Manly: Bullemor, Talau
Melbourne: Papenhuyzen, Pezet, Kamikamica
Auckland: Harris, Martin, Watene-Zelezniak
Newcastle: Lucas
North Queensland: Chester, Cotter, Neame, Duffy
Parramatta: Campbell-Gillard, Hopgood
Penrith: Luke, Riki, Schneider
Souths: Ilias
St George: NA
Easts: Walker
Wests: Seyfarth
There is also the list of players who we can already talk to as well.

I think people are forgetting how good Horse was last year. He may as well be Lazarus when compared to the absolute spuds we got this year in Baker, Hunt, and Gosi. I still hope we get Kaas because he can cover 2rf, but Horse on 400k or under would be really good business.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Allo
  • Foordy
  • cento
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.