Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

I would take Corey. I think he'll thrive playing with the likes of Haas, Willison, Te Kura and Patty.

I would take Corey. I think he'll thrive playing with the likes of Haas, Willison, Te Kura and Patty.
Bringing Horsburgh in probably ends up costing us one of Haas, Willison or Te Kura... he isn't coming cheap and our cap is tight as **** already

Bringing Horsburgh in probably ends up costing us one of Haas, Willison or Te Kura... he isn't coming cheap and our cap is tight as **** already
Why wouldn’t he be cheap? He’s played about 5 minutes this year and can’t crack the raiders team which is actually terrible

Why wouldn’t he be cheap? He’s played about 5 minutes this year and can’t crack the raiders team which is actually terrible
Raiders are probably trying to force him out, like what's happening with Paix.

Raiders are probably trying to force him out, like what's happening with Paix.
We're not "forcing" Paix out because he's a trouble maker or perceived as one. We're not "forcing" him out because his salary is crippling the club. We're simply not playing him because his standard of play does not merit a spot in the 17. Especially when we have gun hookers already in the starting position.

Pretty sure he still managed to get suspended for tackling too hard
Early in his career more so, yes. 2023 he found a good level.

Back on Horse-brah though, don’t you think we are missing someone in our pack at the moment with a bit of “C U Next Tuesday” in them. Jensen, Haas, Willison all great players and obviously better than Horse-brah, but I think Horse-Brah can contribute something a bit different to what we currently have. We are missing an angry red head

I just think Horse is a bit overated because of the big season he had... his best year to date has basically been equivalent to Jensen's Broncos career.

He'd be an improvement over Kobe and Baker, but is he coming in sub $500k because those two guys are probably on that combined.

Horse
20240821 105049

Jensen
20240821 105106

Early in his career more so, yes. 2023 he found a good level.

Back on Horse-brah though, don’t you think we are missing someone in our pack at the moment with a bit of “C U Next Tuesday” in them. Jensen, Haas, Willison all great players and obviously better than Horse-brah, but I think Horse-Brah can contribute something a bit different to what we currently have. We are missing an angry red head

I think he definitely has the potential, but as others more in the know have said, how often or long will he produce his best before he becomes a liability like he’s shown to be at other clubs?

300k one year deal for him to come off the bench and wreak some havoc? Sure go for it

Anything more and/or longer right off the bat and I think we’ll be getting more pain than pleasure overall.

Perhaps I’m too cynical after how badly almost every external forward signing in what feels like the last decade has been a bust, save for Capewell (mostly)

How does Horsburgh compare to Piakura and Riki though? That's where we need some grunt, not in the front row.

I'm on the fence with Horse. He probably does bring some much needed aggression but outside of a bit of a purple patch last year he's not really done a lot. Seems like a bit of a cult figure due to him being a ginger. Depends what he's asking for $ wise as to whether I'd take him.

I suppose the question for me is, would he bring more than Kobe and how comparable is it given he’s probably cost a lot more than Kobe.

If he’s cheap, it’s a no brainer. If he isn’t cheap, which he likely won’t be, it might become an unnecessary risk.

Is Opacic signing like a wish or are there rumours about him coming back to NRL and Bronx interested.

Don't mind the signing of Corey H, if not too expensive

I think the odds of him coming back to the NRL are quite high, although he's got an offer from St Helens i believe which could be attractive to him. I'd be leaning more towards him moving back to Australia personally. I just mentioned him earlier as a good, cheap player to add some much needed depth in the squad.

Active Now

• Galah
  • Alec
  • Skyblues87
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Mr Fourex
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.