Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

Guys like Mariner , Sloane and Kini would be licking their lips .
I was an fan of Opacic like 6 or 8 years ago when he made the Qld residents team . But ,, couldn`t make 1sts at the Broncos . He was slow then .

Yet he's made a solid career and is rated by two of the greatest coaches in history as a decent player to have in a squad. Go figure.

Not hyped enough mate...need to persist with the guys that have length of the field highlights and will be good for 14 try's a season even though they let in 18.

Hype is king on here 😁

I'd be a bit worried if he was going to be replacing a player in the starting 13, but as a bench player/backup player i dont know what people are expecting.

Hype is king on here 😁

I'd be a bit worried if he was going to be replacing a player in the starting 13, but as a bench player/backup player i dont know what people are expecting.
Agree, Opacic would be a great squad player. 100+ games of experience and still only what, 29?

Sure he is not the fastest across the ground but between the years would be quicker than some of our current cadets.

rated by two of the greatest coaches in history as a decent player to have in a squad.

One of those two let him out of his contract to join another team .
Does that cancel out his endorsement ? LOL .

Opacic was one of the nicest Broncos players I have met.
He was even having a chat for a while and didn't realise all the other players had left the field...

He always has a go and doesn't take a backwards step when he plays and trains too.

We need more blokes like him in our team.. not more stuck up arseholes with flashy highlight reels.

BTW.... TPJ was the worst Bronco I met.

Agree, Opacic would be a great squad player. 100+ games of experience and still only what, 29?

Sure he is not the fastest across the ground but between the years would be quicker than some of our current cadets.
Thing is you could pick him up on a short cheapish contract... so risk is low.

Then you've also got a guy that has got where he has based on footy smarts... so he can teach younger guys about professionalism and also help them with finer details on defence.

He could become a guy that eventually falls into coaching defences, if that is his expertise and he knows it back to front for modern rugby league... he hasnt necessarily made a retirement level career out of the game to date, so he might need a job after retirement and if he's smart enough that could be coaching

One of those two let him out of his contract to join another team .
Does that cancel out his endorsement ? LOL .

He asked for a release. If you remember, Wayne on more than one occasion refused to release him. He only let him go because he got a much better financial offer that would help out Tom.

Then you've also got a guy that has got where he has based on footy smarts... so he can teach younger guys about professionalism and also help them with finer details on defence.

He could become a guy that eventually falls into coaching defences, if that is his expertise and he knows it back to front for modern rugby league... he hasnt necessarily made a retirement level career out of the game to date, so he might need a job after retirement and if he's smart enough that could be coaching

The big thing he has over anything, and it shouldnt be underestimated, is his communication and getting those around him to keep their shape. At the moment that sort of thing could be very valuable to us.

As you say, it would be a cheap, squad player coming in, not a first choice. Very little risk.

After reading this reminds me abit of Hannay and how he's transitioned.

He asked for a release. If you remember, Wayne on more than one occasion refused to release him. He only let him go because he got a much better financial offer that would help out Tom.

OK ,he`s in then.
Only, if he plays left centre with Oates outside him .

But let's humour it, what do we all think of this?

1. Walsh
2. Cobbo
3. Staggs
4. Mariner
5. Arthars
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Willison
9. Walters/Smoothy
10. Haas
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Mozer
15. Horsburgh/Hetherington
16. Te Kura/Jensen
17. Opacic/Oates

I'd still start with Jensen over Willison. not because I think Jensen is the better player, far from it, but because with the style each of these guys bring to the table, the team is better balanced that way.

Willison is a player you can bring off the bench and he has the ability to either maintain the momentum (if you already have it) ... or wrestle it back in an instant, if that's what the team need. IMO, that makes him the perfect bench prop. and there is nothing wrong with that ... it is a 17 man game afterall.

Jensen on the other hand is more your workhorse style. IMO, much better suited to a starting role. I just do think he offers anywhere near as much off the bench, especially with regards to impact

I’d take Horsburgh just because I don’t think his issues fuel to what our usual issues have been. Not really a group of players that buy into the same sort of stupidity as him. Think he adds something different that we are missing and he is also a good second rower for not only bench cover but Brendan and Jordan pull your finger out of your ass cover. Good player when he just plays footy. As much as things have gone to shit I think we have become a pretty good system and environment for just getting blokes playing footy and not carrying on with other bullshit. Think we have lacked something without Flegs that Jensen and Willison haven’t been able to bring despite especially the latter having a good season.

I’d love the signing to be perfectly honest. I think you include him, put Selwyn back on the wing and get some genuinely premiership winning fitness into the team we will get back into the winners circle.

Is Opacic signing like a wish or are there rumours about him coming back to NRL and Bronx interested.

Don't mind the signing of Corey H, if not too expensive

Is Opacic signing like a wish or are there rumours about him coming back to NRL and Bronx interested.

Don't mind the signing of Corey H, if not too expensive

It's just a wish.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Galah
  • Alec
  • Skyblues87
  • TwoLeftFeet
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.