Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

I think either could tbh. Tom's played a fair bit in the back row this year and probably got a little more versatility as a bench player that Oates.

We are going to need some cheap, reliable and versatile players with a bit of experience for next year though. Cant keep buying star players or paying overs for the next star. Need some value for money signings.
Totally agree.....just make sure they aren't related to the coach, can't handle any more nepotism claims 🤪

Roosters halfback Sam Walker is considering testing his value on the NRL market amid suggestions he could “almost name his own price” if he helps the Tricolours win the premiership.
The 22-year-old, who is under contract until the end of 2025, will become a free agent from November 1 unless he pens a deal with the Roosters.

Last month, the Roosters reportedly tabled a two-year extension worth $1.8 million, while the Broncos have expressed interest in signing the halfback.

999e78e5-29ef-46ed-8d09-0b5496b7768d_text.gif

I suppose the question is ... does having Kevvie give us an advantage over the other clubs, given Kevvie is good mates with his father and uncles?

I'm obviously biased and not even 100% sold on Walker as a top level game managing half, but IMO, we would be an ideal club for him to come to and grow his career. not only would he have Kevvie (who is a quality halves coach), but he'll have Langer and likely Reynolds to learn from ... hell even Lockyer is around the club

I suppose the question is ... does having Kevvie give us an advantage over the other clubs, given Kevvie is good mates with his father and uncles?

I'm obviously biased and not even 100% sold on Walker as a top level game managing half, but IMO, we would be an ideal club for him to come to and grow his career. not only would he have Kevvie (who is a quality halves coach), but he'll have Langer and likely Reynolds to learn from ... hell even Lockyer is around the club
Surely he stays at the roosters

Yeah, I'm sure its going to be one of those QLD born players using the Broncos as leverage to get more money from their current club scenarios. In the off chance he would be serious about coming here, obvious you'd really have to at least seriously consider it, perfect timing with Reynolds retiring.

If Sam had a chasing the $$ we’re not the club for him. If he wants to be back in Brisbane then we might be a chance. Still can’t see it happening.

They are a rich club and are losing Manu and Sewer. They will have an absolute shit-tonne to spend. With more teams coming to dilute the comp, they'll be looking to lock in the good players sooner rather than later.

And after they do, the two above will waltz back from Union to sign SBW-like cheap deals with the Roosters again...

The Roosters are smart though. They signed Townsend because they were worried about DCE retiring and Walker being in line to replace him in Origin.

By contrast, if we signed Walker, our entire potential first choice spine of Walsh, Mam, Walker and Mozer (with Carrigan also) could be in QLD origin camp in a few years, with Haas at NSW camp.

I believe that the Roosters will look to bring back Lam or another international representative calibre half like Melbourne have with Hughes currently if they lose Walker.

Would you do this if it was possible?

Out: Haas, Cobbo
In: Walker, Horsebreath, Farnworth

Extend: Walsh, Willison, Staggs, Te Kura

Just a hypothetical
Thats a tough one for me,

Farnworth for Cobbo, at this point in time yes,
but Cobbo is still young enough that if he matures and decides he wants to make the most out of his rugba league career then he could quickly change my mind.

Haas is the big one, the question is, is it worth losing Haas for Walker & horse-brah. Assuming Willison and Te Kura become the players we think they can be, then yeah I think I would do it. (having Patty also softens the blow)

like said before in previous posts even though its very unlikely, a spine of 1. Walsh 6. Mam 7. Walker 9. Mozer 13. Patty would be arousing

Then there's also Black, who knows how he will progress

Active Now

• Galah
  • Alec
  • Skyblues87
  • TwoLeftFeet
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.