Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

The reason storm are able to sign stefano while having Munster, Hughes etc. is because all their big dog players are willing to take massive unders because they know they are pretty much guaranteed a top 4 finish.

Whereas all our big dog players try to get the most money they can out of us because we don’t have a track record of finishing top 4 consistently (besides carrigan).

I'm sure it's also got nothing to do with the Storm players being allowed to invest in an online betting agency owned by former Storm chairman Matt Tripp and News Corp.

I'm sure it's also got nothing to do with the Storm players being allowed to invest in an online betting agency owned by former Storm chairman Matt Tripp and News Corp.
Do you deny that Walsh, Haas & Mam would be getting the same amount of money if they were at the storm?

I’m not saying that they aren’t doing some shady shit, but to act like us of all clubs doesn’t have the same ability to take advantages of the system in anyway is a bit silly.

Nah I guess they are just frauds and we are perfect👍

Yep.
- Haas gone - too much money, doesn’t try hard enough, faking injuries
- Riki gone - terrible season, useless, not loyal
- Piakura gone - made of glass, turnstile in defense, no good
- Herherington gone - wants to start, need to keep him, mobile forwards are the way of the future
- Walters gone - Kev’s kid so nuff said
- Baker gone - powderpuff, send him back to Sydney
- Carrigan warned but can stay - telling players what to do, they may not like it so on notice
- Te Kura gone - not mobile enough, too big
- Hunt gone -.totally forgot he was at the club but he’s out too
- Gosiewski gone - a Kevvie signing apparently so he’s gone
- Jensen gone - doesn’t play like a million dollar a year forward so he’s out

Flegs bung shoulder and all, Capewell and Palasia back, Horsbrough in, Taupau to be retained and we turn it all around in the forward pack. Simples.

Alf managed to get a stay of execution eh? **** yeah.

Do you deny that Walsh, Haas & Mam would be getting the same amount of money if they were at the storm?

I’m not saying that they aren’t doing some shady shit, but to act like us of all clubs doesn’t have the same ability to take advantages of the system in anyway is a bit silly.

Walsh is on the $400-$500k this year and next. He hasn't signed an upgrade yet.

I know, I’m obviously eluding to the 1.1 mil+ extension we are expecting him to sign
I think most of us are opposed to those figures. We understand a big increase is coming though.

I think most of us are opposed to those figures. We understand a big increase is coming though.
Fair enough, main point I was trying to get across before though is Storm are able to swing their dick more when it comes to retention/recruitment due to their constant success more so, rather than “they’re cheats brah”

Fair enough, main point I was trying to get across before though is Storm are able to swing their dick more when it comes to retention/recruitment due to their constant success more so, rather than “they’re cheats brah”

I mean they've cheated before.

And we haven’t?

Yeah you’re right, their success plays no factor in players wanting to stay there.
Of course the success plays a part. The only way Brisbane will get that kind of success is if we start to turn the wheel back around. Time will tell.

Yes…how can the Storm fit all these players and sign more talent…one of the great my$terie$.
Oh no. They are given a 2007 Daewoo Matiz and infinite unlisted BETr shares. All ready for a public listing to turn them into immediate millionaires. Subject to liquidity, but obviously a betting agency will be. Just like pointsbet.

Head hunt Paul Bunn... a "big club" would see that he's one of the best at identifying talent in our own backyard and make him an offer he cant refuse to get him here and fix up our shit

He’s the worst loss in Broncos history and Dolphins too for that matter.

Cyril put all that effort and knowledge into him and then he leaves never to return.

Now him and his son just run the Storm factory. He’d be one of the most interesting league chats ever- tracked Paps for two years before he even spoke to him. He knows exactly what Bellamy wants and doesn’t bring him to Storm unless he’s sure he will pass the interview.

That says a lot, he’s patient, he doesn’t move on a player until he’s sure and in two years no one else cared about Paps!

We’re too big and slow in the forward pack so we’re letting our smallest middle who can actually defend well go. The big props don’t work in this 6 again error.
Haas is like the fastest Middle in he game and has size, Willison isn't a slouch either despite being massive.

Attack wise there is no issue, I would say our backrow is the problem not the middles.

Walsh would get over a mil at any club easily, Haas would be getting about a mil too going by what Storm have paid middles in the past, Mam would be taking a pay cut though.

Have heard a whisper there is a Melb Storm forward signing with you lot for next year. Dunno who. Possibly Welch or NAS maybe?

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.