Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

Yep.
- Haas gone - too much money, doesn’t try hard enough, faking injuries
- Riki gone - terrible season, useless, not loyal
- Piakura gone - made of glass, turnstile in defense, no good
- Herherington gone - wants to start, need to keep him, mobile forwards are the way of the future
- Walters gone - Kev’s kid so nuff said
- Baker gone - powderpuff, send him back to Sydney
- Carrigan warned but can stay - telling players what to do, they may not like it so on notice
- Te Kura gone - not mobile enough, too big
- Hunt gone -.totally forgot he was at the club but he’s out too
- Gosiewski gone - a Kevvie signing apparently so he’s gone
- Jensen gone - doesn’t play like a million dollar a year forward so he’s out

Flegs bung shoulder and all, Capewell and Palasia back, Horsbrough in, Taupau to be retained and we turn it all around in the forward pack. Simples.
I'd keep Riki, Carrigan, Jensen and Hetherington and Oates to be honest. Otherwise it's the same mistake we made last year in letting experience players go. They are all close to or over 100 games experience, and still young barring Jensen. (And Oates is early-mid 200s)

I'd move Kobe to Lock, Willison to starting prop and Patty to Second Row. If Haas hangs around he covers the ball playing in the middle, Oates bulks up and becomes a bench prop alongside Jensen & Horsburgh if they can get him.

It's been happening for a while before Johns pointed that out yesterday. Against the Warriors Mariner got roughed up and thrown over to the fence and not a single Bronco went over and stuck up for him. That stood out to me.

I said at the time if that's the Panthers seven are there not standing for it.

Those little things show a worrying sign.
I think we've lacked that kind of toughness for a long time, maybe even going back to when Hodgo's final year. Teams try rough us up and the boys just take it, don't see a lot of fighting back. We've been getting by on talent and their individual brilliance, which has masked some issues

We’re too big and slow in the forward pack so we’re letting our smallest middle who can actually defend well go. The big props don’t work in this 6 again error.
This would be a fair comment if Kobe wasn’t shit, he offers nothing. He’s still got the same body he had when he debuted and has shown no growth in his game. He can **** off

We’re too big and slow in the forward pack so we’re letting our smallest middle who can actually defend well go. The big props don’t work in this 6 again error.
Kobe averages 67m a game. For someone whos mobile, he makes 0 good runs a game, more errors than the rest of our forwards and the least offloads in the team after 22 rounds.. plus he leaves gaps in the line regularly..

He’s not exactly a tackling bot that makes 40+ tackles a game..

Really thought he’d step up this year and tbh if it wasnt for injuries he shouldve been in Qcup half the year

This would be a fair comment if Kobe wasn’t shit, he offers nothing. He’s still got the same body he had when he debuted and has shown no growth in his game. He can **** off
I'm not so much advocating for Kobe but the type of player he should be. Our Middles are huge while it seems a lot of other sides are looking at smaller more mobile options.

Kobe averages 67m a game. For someone whos mobile, he makes 0 good runs a game, more errors than the rest of our forwards and the least offloads in the team after 22 rounds.. plus he leaves gaps in the line regularly..

He’s not exactly a tackling bot that makes 40+ tackles a game..

Really thought he’d step up this year and tbh if it wasnt for injuries he shouldve been in Qcup half the year

I don't disagree with you at all. My gripe is more on the team make up rather than letting Kobe walk.

Kobe given permission to negotiate with other clubs.

Club wants to keep him but he wants to be a starter. They won't release him unless they get a suitable replacement.
I don't believe this narrative.

He has another year to go on his contract. He doesn't get to say either he starts or he leaves.

The club wants him gone, but is giving him face.

Yep.
- Haas gone - too much money, doesn’t try hard enough, faking injuries
- Riki gone - terrible season, useless, not loyal
- Piakura gone - made of glass, turnstile in defense, no good
- Herherington gone - wants to start, need to keep him, mobile forwards are the way of the future
- Walters gone - Kev’s kid so nuff said
- Baker gone - powderpuff, send him back to Sydney
- Carrigan warned but can stay - telling players what to do, they may not like it so on notice
- Te Kura gone - not mobile enough, too big
- Hunt gone -.totally forgot he was at the club but he’s out too
- Gosiewski gone - a Kevvie signing apparently so he’s gone
- Jensen gone - doesn’t play like a million dollar a year forward so he’s out

Flegs bung shoulder and all, Capewell and Palasia back, Horsbrough in, Taupau to be retained and we turn it all around in the forward pack. Simples.
The Suncorp surface hasn’t been blamed for anything this season. That’s gotta be Ed sheeran’s fault.

When you look at our top 30 roster on the broncos website we have some serious issues
Many of our starting positions are occupied by players who are barely first graders and there is simply no depth to cover any injuries whatsoever
We have more backs than forwards (crazy) and the majority of our backs are halves with minimal utility value. Then you have a forward stocks which include 4 hookers WTF!!!
With the players signed next year and beyond I have no idea how we are going to fix this…
Putting aside salary cap issues we need to fit players into our top 30 roster somewhere before we even worry about salary.
With one or two injuries to our outside backs or back row we basically can’t field a team again…with the injury prone nature of several of our high profile players this would appear almost certain to occur again…

We have to look at our Roster management. How can the Storm fit in Stefano but we seem to be continuing to leak talent. Our Roster had no depth at all this season and looks to be getting worse. The Storm have great depth and are getting better. Crazy how good that club is.

We have to look at our Roster management. How can the Storm fit in Stefano but we seem to be continuing to leak talent. Our Roster had no depth at all this season and looks to be getting worse. The Storm have great depth and are getting better. Crazy how good that club is.
Head hunt Paul Bunn... a "big club" would see that he's one of the best at identifying talent in our own backyard and make him an offer he cant refuse to get him here and fix up our shit

The question should be how the storm leak talent too but replace it? They've lost more than anyone but replace it with Wishart and the system moves on.

From the last Grand Final team just four years ago-five players left, one in the pack.

This Storm side would be one of the "worst" in their history yet about to play finals and lost five games.

If I had been wasting away at the Tigers and Eels and an opportunity to improve at the Storm comes up, I would take it too. That's the key you know you're going to improve and play finals.

The question should be how the storm leak talent too but replace it? They've lost more than anyone but replace it with Wishart and the system moves on.

From the last Grand Final team just four years ago-five players left, one in the pack.

This Storm side would be one of the "worst" in their history yet about to play finals and lost five games.

If I had been wasting away at the Tigers and Eels and an opportunity to improve at the Storm comes up, I would take it too. That's the key you know you're going to improve and play finals.
It is just simply amazing what they're doing down there. We had hoped Dave D would bring some of that up here but it might just all be Bellamy.

Yes…how can the Storm fit all these players and sign more talent…one of the great my$terie$.
The reason storm are able to sign stefano while having Munster, Hughes etc. is because all their big dog players are willing to take massive unders because they know they are pretty much guaranteed a top 4 finish.

Whereas all our big dog players try to get the most money they can out of us because we don’t have a track record of finishing top 4 consistently (besides carrigan).

Active Now

• Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.