Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

I'd imagine Welch would be seen as a Capewell-like replacement, a real 100%'er and all effort.

You have a lot of non-Sydney related 'hearings'.

But seriously, I'd be keen to get Welch, he is past his best but he would bring leadership, smarts and experience, we lack all of these.

Plus, we've been in to Welch before, so it wouldn't be a shock if were still, especially given his monetary value has probably dropped.

If we could somehow flip Taupau and Hetherington into Welch and Horsbrough, for the first time in a long time, I'd say kudos to our R&R team but given how our R&R team suck so bad, I doubt they would manage it.

You have a lot of non-Sydney related 'hearings'.

But seriously, I'd be keen to get Welch, he is past his best but he would bring leadership, smarts and experience, we lack all of these.

Plus, we've been in to Welch before, so it wouldn't be a shock if were still, especially given his monetary value has probably dropped.

If we could somehow flip Taupau and Hetherington into Welch and Horsbrough, for the first time in a long time, I'd say kudos to our R&R team but given how our R&R team suck so bad, I doubt they would manage it.
Mate, I hear a lot of things round the various forums and member groups. Could be a load of codswallop for all I know so don't go gettin too excitied haha. Pretty boring in our own Burrow forum at the moment. Most of us there have had a real gutful of hearing/talking about Trell. Our forum was more more lively when we had our own 'kevvie situation' with JD wettin himself on a weekly basis.

Come at me with this as a hypothetical if we could make it work to get Horsebreath, Gagai and Welch for 2025:

1. Walsh
2. Gagai
3. Mariner
4. Cobbo
5. Arthars
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Welch
9. Smoothy
10. Haas
11. Piakura
12. Staggs
13. Carrigan

14. Mozer
15. Willison
16. Horsbrough
17. Riki

18. Te Kura
19. Jensen
20. Oates
21. Black
22. Karapani

It would be very hypocritical to let Capewell go and bring in Welch imo.

Mate, I hear a lot of things round the various forums and member groups. Could be a load of codswallop for all I know so don't go gettin too excitied haha. Pretty boring in our own Burrow forum at the moment. Most of us there have had a real gutful of hearing/talking about Trell.

Yeah he seems to have become pretty toxic to you guys, such a shame he is pretty much your only gun player heading in to next year when he decides he wants to turn up that is.

Come at me with this as a hypothetical if we could make it work to get Horsebreath, Gagai and Welch for 2025:

1. Walsh
2. Gagai
3. Mariner
4. Cobbo
5. Arthars
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Welch
9. Smoothy
10. Haas
11. Piakura
12. Staggs
13. Carrigan

14. Mozer
15. Willison
16. Horsbrough
17. Riki

18. Te Kura
19. Jensen
20. Oates
21. Black
22. Karapani
It's a pretty slick lookin team there cobber no doubt, but surely you wouldn't be wasting Gagai on the wing. Him and Staggs would be close to the best centre pairing in the comp if it eventuated surely?

Always been a big fan of Welch, he'd be an excellent signing. Good leader who would also play more football than Ryan James and Marty Taupau did for us. Definitely a guy who would lift the shockingly low football IQ of the team. But it's probably BS.

Mate, I hear a lot of things round the various forums and member groups. Could be a load of codswallop for all I know so don't go gettin too excitied haha. Pretty boring in our own Burrow forum at the moment. Most of us there have had a real gutful of hearing/talking about Trell. Our forum was more more lively when we had our own 'kevvie situation' with JD wettin himself on a weekly basis.
Yeah he seems to have become pretty toxic to you guys, such a shame he is pretty much your only gun player heading in to next year when he decides he wants to turn up that is.
I’ve always thought his position is centre, whether Latrells ego can take that, I’m not sure.

Wayne will probably get the best out of him though regardless

We have to look at our Roster management. How can the Storm fit in Stefano but we seem to be continuing to leak talent. Our Roster had no depth at all this season and looks to be getting worse. The Storm have great depth and are getting better. Crazy how good that club is.
Bellamy has always held the position, hard work beats talent. Broncos are so worried about losing the next big talent that they sign all potential talent and don't sign (or keep) workers.

1. Walsh
2. Gagai
3. Mariner
4. Cobbo
5. Arthars
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Welch
9. Smoothy
10. Haas
11. Piakura
12. Staggs
13. Carrigan

14. Mozer
15. Willison
16. Horsbrough
17. Riki

18. Te Kura
19. Jensen
20. Oates
21. Black
22. Karapani
Where’s Billy 😫

I would fucking love Welch at the club, doubly erect if Gagai comes too. The instant rebalancing of our team would be insane.

Hetherington, Cobbo, Oates, Taupau
, Billy can all go if it gets those 2 in.

The rest of the players would feel like frauds with Reynolds, Welch, and Gagai showing up to training each day.

Where have the Gagai rumours come from? I guess Newcastle are trying to clean out but they signed him in May?

1. Walsh
2. Gagai
3. Mariner
4. Cobbo
5. Arthars
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Welch
9. Smoothy
10. Haas
11. Piakura
12. Staggs
13. Carrigan

14. Mozer
15. Willison
16. Horsbrough
17. Riki

18. Te Kura
19. Jensen
20. Oates
21. Black
22. Karapani
I’d prefer cobbo on the wing if he can get a bit fitter. I don’t think gagai has the speed for wing anymore.

If we could manage to work our cap i reckon Matty Lees from St Helens would be a good pickup. Mobile, quick, aggressive and a pretty good ball player as well.

1. Walsh
2. Gagai
3. Mariner
4. Cobbo
5. Arthars
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Welch
9. Smoothy
10. Haas
11. Piakura
12. Staggs
13. Carrigan

14. Mozer
15. Willison
16. Horsbrough
17. Riki

18. Te Kura
19. Jensen
20. Oates
21. Black
22. Karapani
With that side I'd swap Riki and Piakura around, I do like Staggs in the backrow he's pretty much what we need/want there.

Would you have Staggs, Mam, Cobbo, Gagai on the left because that I think would fix the left side defensive issues.
But then you probably weaken the right abit by having Mariner being outside Reynolds

With that side I'd swap Riki and Piakura around, I do like Staggs in the backrow he's pretty much what we need/want there.

Would you have Staggs, Mam, Cobbo, Gagai on the left because that I think would fix the left side defensive issues.
But then you probably weaken the right abit by having Mariner being outside Reynolds
Looks good, but where's Billy. He is a shoe in whilst KW is coach

Active Now

• theshed
  • Fozz
  • Culhwch
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.