Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

Can’t help but think we’re being used as leverage against the dragons, with the stink on us atm managers will be linking us with a lot of players.

Dragons have confirmed that they have pulled out of the race.

The possibilities are endless.
That are a chance at being available next year?

I get the age thing, I really do. But our pack distinctly lacks a hard nut like Reg or Horse (and Horse now isn't available). A bloke who won't take any shit and will come flying in when our backs are getting shoved into the ground for no good reason etc.

I'd take a Palasia back for example in place of Fletch Baker or instead of going for Welch or keeping Marty, but I still think our pack is missing some mongrel big time.

I also get your point on edge forwards, but again, who's available asap that we can get even if we don't spend the money on a prop?

Klese Haas is not going to solve anything and there is not much else out there.

It just strikes me as a reactionary signing. It would be one thing if the club was offering him a lifeline, but from the report it's going to take a fair amount of change to bring him up here.

What due diligence have they done? Why are the Eels keen to release him? Were the Broncos always keen on him?

To me, you shouldn't just sign a player because you clicked on ZeroTackle and that was the best you could come up with. You should always keep an eye out and look for players who have the qualities you want out of a position.

This just screams of a PR move by the club.

That are a chance at being available next year?

I get the age thing, I really do. But our pack distinctly lacks a hard nut like Reg or Horse (and Horse now isn't available). A bloke who won't take any shit and will come flying in when our backs are getting shoved into the ground for no good reason etc.

I'd take a Palasia back for example in place of Fletch Baker or instead of going for Welch or keeping Marty, but I still think our pack is missing some mongrel big time.

I also get your point on edge forwards, but again, who's available asap that we can get even if we don't spend the money on a prop?

Klese Haas is not going to solve anything and there is not much else out there.
It feels like a deeper hole we’re digging for ourselves. Imagine we bring in Welch and RCG but then Haas moves on and Willson or TeKura go because their opportunities disappear.

It feels like a deeper hole we’re digging for ourselves. Imagine we bring in Welch and RCG but then Haas moves on and Willson or TeKura go because their opportunities disappear.
Mate, if Haas moves on then Willison/Te Kura takes his spot and you then use the Haas $million per season he's getting to sign any forward you like.

They won’t lose opportunities, if those players come they will take minutes off people like Baker and allow guys like Carrigan and Haas not to run themselves into the ground.

Jensen won't be a regular in the 17 next year if we make these signings, neither will Taupau. They will be back to reserve grade which is where they were last year. Baker will be in reserve grade.

Willison won't be losing any game time. Haas will remain in the starting side and Te Kura still needs time in the QCup to develop.

We're going to lose one of Haas, Willison and Te Kura anyway. We aren't keeping all 3 and keeping Patty, Walsh, Ezra as well.

Mate, if Haas moves on then Willison/Te Kura takes his spot and you then use the Haas $million per season he's getting to sign any forward you like.
Knowing how the club seems to be operating we’d see them all go together and leave Carrigan carrying the load

Broncos fans want the club to potentially make the type of experienced signing fans have been screaming out for, even if it comes at the expense of some of the kids who are clearly not yet ready.

Nek minut

Fans are upset the Broncos are potentially making a mistake by signing an experienced player that might potentially come at the expense of some of the kids who aren't ready.

It just strikes me as a reactionary signing. It would be one thing if the club was offering him a lifeline, but from the report it's going to take a fair amount of change to bring him up here.

What due diligence have they done? Why are the Eels keen to release him? Were the Broncos always keen on him?

To me, you shouldn't just sign a player because you clicked on ZeroTackle and that was the best you could come up with. You should always keep an eye out and look for players who have the qualities you want out of a position.

This just screams of a PR move by the club.
eels are keen to release him because he's 32 next year and Ryles has said he wants more mobile forwards to improve defence

Looks like Marcelo Montoya is on the move from the wahs.

Think he's ok as a winger... not exactly a meter eater though. Apparently he's an excellent squad man for morale.

It does show that a few first graders are going to start getting taps on the shoulder.... wonder if our R&R will actually be active though
Wasn't he the one who was killed by the six fingered man?

RCG would be an amazing get on under 600k imo, far better than Welch who looked totally past it this year. RCG was in the convo for rep footy and probably would've played for NSW if parra weren't shit.

Active Now

• teampjta
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Johnny92
  • Bucking Beads
  • Battler
  • Fozz
  • HVbronco
  • porouian
  • RolledOates
  • johnny plath
  • Griffo
  • Waynesaurus
  • barker
  • upthebroncs
  • mitch222
  • Harry Sack
  • leon.bott
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.