Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

Our edge is by far our biggest weakness and it looks like we aren't going to address it. We need someone good enough to compete with Riki and Piakura because they were both so poor.
Sign RCG, have a forward rotation of Haas, Carrigan, RCG, and Jenson and unleash Willison on the right edge? Riki can go back to cup to learn how to hit a hole.

Just some food for thought:

We clearly need a backrower and some backline depth, would love a metre eating winger...but we also need some starch in the middle. So...

If this opportunity has presented itself and the deal is really good...why shouldn't we do this before filling in the other holes? Or would some of you prefer us to keep sitting on our hands?

At least your club seems to be proactive in the player market at the moment. More than anything happening with the Bunnies. Our roster and salary cap is a shitshow and we basically signed Euan Aitkin and the pommy half. Wayne better pull his finger out or we'll continue being a laughing stock lol.

Kevvie at least trying to get out there in the market to improve your squad.

We clearly need a backrower and some backline depth, would love a metre eating winger...but we also need some starch in the middle. So...

If this opportunity has presented itself and the deal is really good...why shouldn't we do this before filling in the other holes? Or would some of you prefer us to keep sitting on our hands?

With limited salary cap space I'd be keen to not use the bulk of our available $$ on probably our strongest position on the field.

No, backrow is our biggest issue apparently and must be fixed first so we cannot sign anyone else before that is fixed. We can just go back to the RCG once that is done, I'm sure he will be happy to wait.

At least your club seems to be proactive in the player market at the moment. More than anything happening with the Bunnies. Our roster and salary cap is a shitshow and we basically signed Euan Aitkin and the pommy half. Wayne better pull his finger out or we'll continue being a laughing stock lol.

He only started yesterday lol. Give him a chance.

I'm assuming we have gone after RCG to make sure we have enough front row depth so we can always play Patty at lock.

I'm also assuming if the rumours about Baker leaving are true then surely we would be in the market for another backrower.........that probably needs to happen first................the question is who would that be if we can offload Baker.

YOU'LL NEVER WIN THE BATTLE WHEN YOU HAVE NO SPEED IN YOUR DEFENSIVE LINE. THEY STRIPPED US ON THE EDGES EVERYWEEK.

Screaming Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

But seriously, of course our backrow is a massive issue but I don't think we should just sit around and wait to fix that one if the opportunity to fix others come up in the mean time.

We should probably have this conversation over in the NRL Player Movements, but I think the signings under his watch have been OK. Aitken is a solid upgrade on their current edge forward options and he's brought in McCarthy as the long term option.

I like the signing of Humphries as well since it provides Souths some insurance around the nine position if Mamouzelos doesn't pan out. There's still rumours that Schuster could be joining on a lifeline deal which is a decent risk considering he was one of the better players of his age group.

Burns was the form player of the QCup before his untimely injury, if he can bounce back from it at the very least you'll have somebody capable of creating points.

Hubner is also a pretty solid hard-working forward who's virtually made his own way - as a squad signing I see a bit of Ben Lowe in him.

Dodd was signed prior to Bennett and it's the one signing I'm scratching my head over. Who knows, maybe he turns out to be a solid halfback, but I get the feeling he'll get 'home-sick' quickly and Souths will be in the market for somebody after Walker calls it a day.

But seriously, of course our backrow is a massive issue but I don't think we should just sit around and wait to fix that one if the opportunity to fix others come up in the mean time.
My only concern is, what if a really good backrow becomes available in the next 6 weeks that would have been perfect to slot into the team immediately. We wont have any cap space to make it work.

sorry we use caps lock at work so you are just collateral damage.

Happy to sign RCG if we address the other areas. My fear is that we don't address the other areas and we sign a big prop and think all good.

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • sooticus
  • leon.bott
  • MrTickyMcG
  • upthebroncs
  • Jedhead
  • Waynesaurus
  • Fozz
  • Scorchie
  • Robboi_321
  • Johnny92
  • teampjta
  • ivanhungryjak
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.