Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

People after Trindall on the basis of one outstanding performance last week need a reality check. He's not been consistent at all yet in his career, and certainly hes never played anywhere near the level he did in the last game. I think he would be an ok signing, but lets face it, he's hardly proven he is the half we need.

He played pretty well against the Broncos if I recall .
I remember @McHunt commenting that Trindall outplayed the Brisbane halves .

It isn’t based off one performance, he’s been pretty good in patches but to pull it out in a final, well that’s what you want to see.

I mean Reynolds is fantastic for the most part week in, week out yet look how poor he was last year when it mattered most.

I dont recall him being particularly good tbh. And its not been difficult to outplay our halves this year either.

I think he's been decent for a lot of his career tbf, but nothing more than that. I'm just not seeing where he fits. Looks like a 6 more than a 7 to me, and since we have got a ton of money invested in our 6 i dont see us spending more on a player like Trindall. I wouldnt be against us bringing him though if we can.

It isn’t based off one performance, he’s been pretty good in patches but to pull it out in a final, well that’s what you want to see.

I mean Reynolds is fantastic for the most part week in, week out yet look how poor he was last year when it mattered most.

It was only against the Cowboys 😁

I think he would be worth looking at, but its going to depend on the price.
Whatever contract he signs will be for starting halfback money and at least 3yr deal... with intent to go higher at the end of it.

If we went for him then you're committing to him being the Reynolds succession plan and tying your salary cap to Walsh, Mam and Trindall for a decent amount of time.

It's a hell of a risk to take on a guy that has been up and down even this year... and I would have some concerns about how he hasnt been able to gel with Hynes all that much.

Hynes is their go to man like Mam and Walsh would be for us, but he's generally quiet when he plays with Trindall.

Unsure if that's a coaching issue (ie. who's the controlling half), but Hynes has shown at Melbourne that he can be elite as a supporting half and yet he cant get into a game when partnered with Trindall.

I would be keen for us to go after Atkinson (who's been brought up here before)... he's adapted to both Trindall and Hynes, and also played on his own with both missing (beating Melbourne in Melbourne). He's probably not at the point where he's looking for starting 13 money either, and covers fullback and halves. He'd be a great squad player to have and could end up as a bridging half until Black or just take the position for himself.

I dont recall him being particularly good tbh. And its not been difficult to outplay our halves this year either.

I think he's been decent for a lot of his career tbf, but nothing more than that. I'm just not seeing where he fits. Looks like a 6 more than a 7 to me, and since we have got a ton of money invested in our 6 i dont see us spending more on a player like Trindall. I wouldnt be against us bringing him though if we can.

Nah Fck Trindal .
I was just referencing the Broncos v Cronulla because I was sour that Mc Hunt was right .
Daniel Atkinson is the guy .

I tend to agree with whatever @McHunt says, but in this instance @McHunt did not say that.

That not said, our halves were outplayed in pretty much every game this year.

Regarding the move Staggs to second row crew, is there anything from the club or Staggs that suggests this is even a chance, or are we just playing fantasy line ups?

Playing some 2nd row for Reddy in cup, and in 20's & junior Kangaroos is good and all, but NRL is different and he hasn't played it in a while. We'd also be paying him centre money in backrow.

I get wanting a change though, and Piakura would probably do well for us at 17 off the bench again, just seeing so much of this Staggs to backrow talk and haven't seen anything from the man himself, Kev or the club to suggest it's even on the cards.

Active Now

• Inknition
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosgirl
  • jd87
  • MTF75
  • Wild Horse
  • Santa
  • HarryAllan7
  • Ondi
  • RolledOates
  • Swordfish
  • mitch222
  • teampjta
  • bert_lifts
  • phoenix
  • Johnny92
  • BRC088
  • Socnorb
... and 24 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.