Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

I haven't seen anything from Trindall that says he is an answer at 7, a stop gap at best.

Probably better to wait till next year for the answer to the 7 question as we will be looking at Bargain bin priced 7s anyway as we juggle easing Black into First grade over the next year or two.

Adam is too busted and will do well to get through a game let alone a season. If Ben was here he would have something in place but we fucked that up big time.

Adam is too busted and will do well to get through a game let alone a season. If Ben was here he would have something in place but we fucked that up big time.

Ben did SFA in his time here.

Correction he would have had a say in signing Madden which most people around here don't agree with.

Regarding the move Staggs to second row crew, is there anything from the club or Staggs that suggests this is even a chance, or are we just playing fantasy line ups?

Playing some 2nd row for Reddy in cup, and in 20's & junior Kangaroos is good and all, but NRL is different and he hasn't played it in a while. We'd also be paying him centre money in backrow.

I get wanting a change though, and Piakura would probably do well for us at 17 off the bench again, just seeing so much of this Staggs to backrow talk and haven't seen anything from the man himself, Kev or the club to suggest it's even on the cards.
Staggs best attributes are those of a powerful second rower. He lacks the finesse that the best centres in the game have where they can get the perfect pass away to their winger under pressure etc

If we took away the decision making from him in that way then all we would be left with is him doing what he does best which is hitting hard in defence and running hard lines, busting tackles.. And we’d see it more often, his work rate would obviously pick up.. So we’d get more out of him.

Just my opinion. We have Cobbo and Mariner who could play centres. Potentially Opacic if we are still signing him.

I’m a big Tricky fan, so I’d be wrapped for him to sign here.

Whether he’ll succeed I’m not sure, but he’ll be something to bridge between Reynolds and Black at the least, and if Mam doesn’t kick on then he can be there with Black as he can play 6 or 7
Funny, I've never heard or seen Braydon referred to as 'tricky'. That was the nickname for Darrell who played for the Rabbits in 90's but it looks like it's being adopted by Braydon.

Staggs best attributes are those of a powerful second rower. He lacks the finesse that the best centres in the game have where they can get the perfect pass away to their winger under pressure etc

If we took away the decision making from him in that way then all we would be left with is him doing what he does best which is hitting hard in defence and running hard lines, busting tackles.. And we’d see it more often, his work rate would obviously pick up.. So we’d get more out of him.

Just my opinion. We have Cobbo and Mariner who could play centres. Potentially Opacic if we are still signing him.
So true, watching Staggs I’m on the edge of my seat because he could either do something amazing or just do some hot headed dense shit, he’s raw power combined with the brain of a peanut. His defence is gun tho

Funny, I've never heard or seen Braydon referred to as 'tricky'. That was the nickname for Darrell who played for the Rabbits in 90's but it looks like it's being adopted by Braydon.

I thought similar to you.

It seems anyone with the last name Trindall acquires the nick name "Tricky".

We need to put money into our 1, 6, 7 and 9. Then we won't need superstars in every position, just like the Storm do.
Roster management is obviously a critical skill, yet it seems so opaque.. few secrets find their way out into the open.

Broncos appear to have Marge from the cafeteria running the salary cap on a spreadsheet with too many cooks ruining the recipe, or the cooks just aren't that good.. Locky?

That the Broncos can pay a prop 1.2M while they still don't have a plan, or even the remaining budget, for replacing Reynolds is hard for me to understand.

Roster management is obviously a critical skill, yet it seems so opaque.. few secrets find their way out into the open.

Broncos appear to have Marge from the cafeteria running the salary cap on a spreadsheet with too many cooks ruining the recipe, or the cooks just aren't that good.. Locky?

That the Broncos can pay a prop 1.2M while they still don't have a plan, or even the remaining budget, for replacing Reynolds is hard for me to understand.
It's an interesting one, because you can have the best half in the world, but they will accomplish nothing with a poor forward pack.

I could imagine the thinking was, keep a strong forward pack together while we develop a 7's game. And if Black develops well, we potentially let one of the higher played forwards walk at the end of a contract and use that money to keep the developed 7.

8. Haas
9. Walters
10. Welch*
11. Staggs
12. Willison
13. Carrigan
17. Te Kura

Think we need to turn Riki into a middle forward in order to get the best out of him. I've always thought he could emulate Tapine's move. Tapine was an edge forward at Knights before getting signed by Raiders.

Willison could be a damaging edge forward similar to Haumole Olakau'atu. It would enable us to give him the minutes he deserves also.

8. Haas
9. Walters
10. Welch*
11. Staggs
12. Willison
13. Carrigan
17. Te Kura

Think we need to turn Riki into a middle forward in order to get the best out of him. I've always thought he could emulate Tapine's move. Tapine was an edge forward at Knights before getting signed by Raiders.

Willison could be a damaging edge forward similar to Haumole Olakau'atu. It would enable us to give him the minutes he deserves also.
I think we need to consider moving patty to front row & getting a Ball playing lock.

Doesn’t mean Patty has to stop ball playing completely, would just make our pack more mobile & dangerous imo.

Maybe it would allow us to eventually stop paying 1m to Payne Haas and have Patty as the big money prop in our team.

Had high hopes this was in Hetheringtons future but it seems the club is locked in on Patty playing lock.

I think we need to consider moving patty to front row & getting a Ball playing lock.

Doesn’t mean Patty has to stop ball playing completely, would just make our pack more mobile & dangerous imo.

Maybe it would allow us to eventually stop paying 1m to Payne Haas and have Patty as the big money prop in our team.

Had high hopes this was in Hetheringtons future but it seems the club is locked in on Patty playing lock.
I don't think we should attempt to have a ball playing lock.

I think our side suits a power game through the middle and shifting the ball out wide to our strike weapons.

I think a ball playing lock would just confuse things.

What I think you are saying is we could use more creativity through the ruck which is what Mozer will bring.. I am keen to see him get more minutes. Maybe clinch the starting role at some point next year. Walters would still make a good utility from the bench.

We could also give Haas more of a license to get creative.. More offloads etc.. He still has levels to go up in his game.

Patty passes too often. It's really the only flaw in his game. He's better than Yeo but unfortunately Yeo is allowed to get up faster after being tackled and snap the ball like an NFL player back to his dummy half which makes his team get on the front foot faster. The moment we start doing that is the moment it becomes illegal again.

Active Now

• jd87
  • Santa
  • HarryAllan7
  • Broncosgirl
  • Inknition
  • Ondi
  • RolledOates
  • Swordfish
  • mitch222
  • teampjta
  • bert_lifts
  • phoenix
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Johnny92
  • BRC088
  • Socnorb
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Shane Tronc
  • FaceOfMutiny
... and 24 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.