Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

Not disagreeing with you but to me his positional play has regressed in 2024
Yeah I think everything has regressed in 2024 for Walsh, not by much and its nobodies fault. I would put it down to consistency. I imagine how hard it would be to battle injuries particularly head knocks several times throughout the season and come back in any sort of form

I stand by my comment. Baker is ready to unlock his animal status for the finals push! He will be the Palasia of BHQ and stun us all!

Scared 30 Rock GIF by HULU
I wish you luck

a) Boyd was one of the best fullbacks in his day (especially organising the defensive line) he just played 2 years too long. There is plenty he can teach Walsh.

b) there was a rumour that Des was interested in Ballin, but at this stage nothing has eventuated from that.

Reports are that we'll have an all state of origin coaching lineup next year ... Of course doesn't mean any of these guys can coach.

Sounds like our assistants will be Barrett, Ballin and Te'o

Not that bad of a lineup.
Te'o is a bit unknown (at least for me) but Ballin has been going well here, and Barrett is a good assistant (shit head coach though)
What evidence is there that Barrett is a good assistant coach?
Other than the coincidence of spending a year (or 2?) with Ivan I’m not sure there really is any…

Darius isn't a full time coach. Don't think he even coaches the fullbacks exclusively either.
Maybe he needs to be? I’d probably prefer K Hunt coaching Walsh if I’m being honest.

No doubt Walsh has had an injury interrupted season but if we can’t expect more for a guy who is likely going to be our highest paid player we’re kidding ourselves.

Maybe he needs to be? I’d probably prefer K Hunt coaching Walsh if I’m being honest.

No doubt Walsh has had an injury interrupted season but if we can’t expect more for a guy who is likely going to be our highest paid player we’re kidding ourselves.

Being coach by Hunt, Lote and Hodges hasn’t helped Leota or Sailor too much.

Can’t argue you with you on that. Although a lot at Souths had better years in 2023.

I've never really understood this line of thinking from people. Just because a player was elite, doesn't mean that will translate to coaching. A lot of these guys were just gifted and you can't teach what they did.

I've never really understood this line of thinking from people. Just because a player was elite, doesn't mean that will translate to coaching. A lot of these guys were just gifted and you can't teach what they did.

That's fair but physically speaking, Leota is really gifted too, he just seems pretty dumb football sense wise.

That's fair but physically speaking, Leota is really gifted too, he just seems pretty dumb football sense wise.
Seems like the type of kid that would have benefited from the weight for age system.

The best player to be mentoring Walsh would be Matty Bowen. The best for Mam would be Thurston.

Not sure of the likelihood that we could get them into Broncos camp, being Cows legends.

Active Now

• Lurker
  • Xzei
  • scobie
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.