Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

We should be planning to sign Blake Wilson. He can play centre, wing and fullback.

He has one more year under contract at Dogs then is a free agent.

View attachment 29482

The frustrating part is that you're buying players that were playing Meninga-Colts on the Sunshine Coast 2018-2021 and had to send a self-made video to the Dogs to even get a run. You're paying 10 times more for something and trying to buy them out of their loyalty to the club that took that chance on them.

I find it very reactive.

The old mantra is you can only play as well as the opposition allows .
What oppositions allow in ESL and what they allow in NRL are quite different ...

If the Super League is so good why is it , only washed up NRL players go there ? Also why doesn`t the NRL have more Poms if their game is so good ?

Come back at me when you have educated yourself a bit on the competition.

Daily Tele reporting Tom Opacic to sign with youse for next season for $130,000. Says he is wanting to be a Bronco only.

This would be wonderful but I'll believe it when I see it. He is exactly the type of player we need though.

The frustrating part is that you're buying players that were playing Meninga-Colts on the Sunshine Coast 2018-2021 and had to send a self-made video to the Dogs to even get a run. You're paying 10 times more for something and trying to buy them out of their loyalty to the club that took that chance on them.

I find it very reactive.
I’ve been watching them since before their NRL debuts. The experience they’ve gained over the past few years would be priceless.

If I told you who the next Blake Wilson and Dan Atkinson will be in 3 years you’d say I’m dreaming and there’s no way I could know that.

Atkinson and Wilson have been de-risked.. We know what they are capable of in NRL as rookies and their potential ceiling is high.

Not to mention you’d be getting some great characters into the squad to improve culture.

For a price that makes sense for our squad they’d be great additions.

Of course we will just have to see how our salary cap plays out. We could unfortunately lose someone like Cobbo or Mariner.. Never know

This would be wonderful but I'll believe it when I see it. He is exactly the type of player we need though.
I havent heard anything yet but I know he's got a couple of offers on the table. If he can move to Queensland I think he would take that offer over others.

Can he play left edge backrow? He’d be similar to Capewell maybe

I havent heard anything yet but I know he's got a couple of offers on the table. If he can move to Queensland I think he would take that offer over others.
Daily Tele article says he has stated if not picked up by the Broncos, which is his preference, he is happy to finish his career in Qld Cup. Sounds like the bloke will happily play for Brisbane for next to nothing. Surely your recruitment team couldn't stuff a potential signing like this up?

I would happily take him at the Bunnies but seems he has his heart set on Broncos.

Daily Tele article says he has stated if not picked up by the Broncos, which is his preference, he is happy to finish his career in Qld Cup. Sounds like the bloke will happily play for Brisbane for next to nothing. Surely your recruitment team couldn't stuff a potential signing like this up?

Haha you have no idea...remember how you guys got GI?

A middle off contract who has had a great year in Cup is Stimson. Played over 100 NRL games and over 50 Cup games. Right age at 28.

Every time he was dropped to the Jets he was fantastic and the reports were he was great to have around.

Won the Jets player of the year off seven games, never dropped his bundle and works really hard.

Upthebronc’s Broncos 2026

1. Reece Walsh
  2. Blake Wilson
  3. Deine Mariner
  4. Zac Laybutt
  5. Selwyn Cobbo
  6. Ezra Mam
  7. Daniel Atkinson
  8. Payne Haas
  9. Jayden Berrell
  10. Xavier Willison
  11. Dylan Lucas
  12. Ativalu Lisati
  13. Patrick Carrigan
  14. Blake Mozer
  15. Harrison Hassett
  16. Griffin Neame
  17. Ben Te Kura

New signings made up of off contract players in 2024 & 2025. Only spent 10 mins on this so forgive me if I’ve forgotten someone. I didn’t forget Staggs.. I’d probably let him go to Eels or Roosters.. Something like that. Riki can go too. Atkinson could be the guy to fill in while Black develops. Not sure what Neame would cost but I rate him. There are other options that could be cheaper like Tui Kamikamica or Josh King. I don’t think Piakura is a necessity to hold onto.

I would happily take him at the Bunnies but seems he has his heart set on Broncos.
I don't think Tommy has a preference. He'd be happy with any of the Qld clubs but probably the Phins and Broncos first.

Who even is our back up fullback going in to next year? Don't get me wrong, no one is better than Sailor but even so, we went in to this season with no back up second-rowers and look how they turned out. Is one of our useless back up 7s or 9s going to double up as a useless 1?
We aren't going attract anyone decent so you have to get a junior coming up in the ranks somewhere to be the backup because lets face it, Walsh's position in the team is the safest in the squad and he isn't getting unseated any time soon. I would think the easiest option would be maybe having Cobbo cover it and getting another centre/winger instead.

Dylan Lucas I reckon would be handy but surely he's a regular starter for Newcastle now.. Covers centre perfectly to

We aren't going attract anyone decent so you have to get a junior coming up in the ranks somewhere to be the backup because lets face it, Walsh's position in the team is the safest in the squad and he isn't getting unseated any time soon. I would think the easiest option would be maybe having Cobbo cover it and getting another centre/winger instead.

But there is no guarantee Cobbo will be there next year, otherwise, for sure he is the back up fullback. All we need is someone safe, don't need a star for your back up. Surely there is a decent enough player in NSW Cup or Qld Cup who you could offer minimum wage to.

Dylan Lucas I reckon would be handy but surely he's a regular starter for Newcastle now.. Covers centre perfectly to
He will be a starter for Knights. I am pretty sure he will play for NSW one day. Confident that he would provide more value than whatever we have to pay him to come. Obviously the sooner we sign him for 2026, the better. The main issue is a bidding war for him. He’s young so could set and forget him on that left edge for many years.

Josh Curran also off contract after 2025. He’s quality and may be cheaper. Could lure him with a backrow spot instead of being a bench prop at Dogs.

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Waynesaurus
  • BRC088
  • teampjta
  • Dash
  • Santa
  • Mr Fourex
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • leon.bott
  • Howie
  • Jedhead
  • thenry
  • Browny
  • Fozz
  • whykickamoocow
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Johnny92
  • maddo
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.