Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

But there is no guarantee Cobbo will be there next year, otherwise, for sure he is the back up fullback. All we need is someone safe, don't need a star for your back up. Surely there is a decent enough player in NSW Cup or Qld Cup who you could offer minimum wage to.

Setu Tu is off contract this year. 25 years old. He is a winger but has experience filling in at fullback. He could be solid. Could fit in well.

Roster moves I'd make for next season.

Give Taupau another year. Would only cost minimum wage and he has turned the clock back in the second half of this season

I'd give Oates another year at minimum wage, but only because of his loyalty. I'd also tell him to move to the back row and see if he can prolong his career there ... He isn't a winger any more.

I'd sign Tommy Opacic would be a good depth option

I'd sign horse from the Raiders. Gives is the Flegler aggressiveness our pack missed so much this year.

I'd keep trying to find a new home for Paix

Finally I'd try to convert Hetherington into a back rower. I love the bloke, but I think he'll keep falling down the middle forward pecking order here. And where short of back rowers

Glass half full view:

It’s good to be talking about getting the depth right because our stars are decent, much harder to fix the other way.

I also hope some of the rumours are true.

In: Opacic, Horsbrough, Welch
Out: Oates, Taupau, Hetherington

It would be such a shame to not keep Oates for one more season but man was he bad last night. Taupau too defended like he didn’t care.

If we lose Cobbo too though, suddenly our backline looks pretty average with the exception of Walsh and probably a bulked up Mariner.

I can’t go on about this enough, we need to get the depth right. Horsbrough is also a bit of a need.

And man can we not lose Walsh. I really want to see him, Xman and Mozer re-signed yesterday.

I'd take Tom O as a depth option, but he's the same age as Oates so with hesitation.

I'd take Tom O as a depth option, but he's the same age as Oates so with hesitation.

Different sort of player. Dont think him being 30 on Saturday will make him any better or worse tbh.

Signing priorities: Walsh, Mozer and Horse. I don't give a shit what Walsh is demanding, when he isn't out there we look so much worse.

Let go of Oates, Baker, Hetherington and Riki

I wouldn't be upset to see Taupau retained and Tom O signed, but only on minimum wage as depth. Our second rowers were absolute pus this season, and that position needs a massive cleanout and do over. Piakura can cop a rocket or **** off. Another decision where we seem to have fucked it re: Palasia.

If we can secure Sam Walker on a decent offer then sure do it, but I wouldn't be bending over backwards for him either, not when Black is there as an option. If he comes looking for a fatter purse than is sensible he can stay at the *****.

Surely people aren’t legit when they’re mentioning Welch. He is bog average and is injured more than Reyno.
It’s a big no from me but I also know Billy is extremely good mates with him, so I wouldn’t be shocked if the Walters look after him.

K.Haas and horse, yes.

I wouldn't lock in Horsbrough yet, he seems to be making quite a few club tours, also been to Dragons and Tigers.

Welch is a good footballer but I don’t think he is in our best side. If he is he will be replacing Jensen. He has value for us but he can’t even make the Storm side anymore. Is he happy being depth?

probably a bulked up Mariner.

When I said he should get on a horse meat diet and put on some muscle on his upper body some folks here told me he was fine the size he was ?
He should be askin Uncle Addo Carr where he gets his gear from . LOl .

The other advantage to getting Opacic and assuming Cobbo gets himself sorted in the offseason, is that when Reynolds is inevitably injured, you could run out a backline of:

1. Cobbo
2. Mariner
3. Staggs
4. Opacic
5. Arthars
6. Mam
7. Walsh

The other advantage to getting Opacic and assuming Cobbo gets himself sorted in the offseason, is that when Reynolds is inevitably injured, you could run out a backline of:

1. Cobbo
2. Mariner
3. Staggs
4. Opacic
5. Arthars
6. Mam
7. Walsh
Unless we view Walsh as our next halfback we shouldn’t be moving him to halfback ever.

Glass half full view:

It’s good to be talking about getting the depth right because our stars are decent, much harder to fix the other way.

I also hope some of the rumours are true.

In: Opacic, Horsbrough, Welch
Out: Oates, Taupau, Hetherington

It would be such a shame to not keep Oates for one more season but man was he bad last night. Taupau too defended like he didn’t care.

If we lose Cobbo too though, suddenly our backline looks pretty average with the exception of Walsh and probably a bulked up Mariner.

I can’t go on about this enough, we need to get the depth right. Horsbrough is also a bit of a need.

And man can we not lose Walsh. I really want to see him, Xman and Mozer re-signed yesterday.
Half the issue with our depth is how much we are paying our stars

Outs:
Oates
Baker
Sailor
Paix
Taupau
Hetherington

Ins:
Horsburgh
Opacic
Welch
Eisenhuth
Lisati
Perham

1. Walsh
2. Cobbo
3. Mariner
4. Staggs
5. Arthars
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Welch
9. Mozer
10. Haas
11. Riki
12. Piakura
13. Carrigan
14. Walters
15. Horsburgh
16. Willison
17. Opacic

18. Eisenhuth

That’s the moves I’d make. Obviously rumours of Gagai as well but I think that might be hard to snag at this stage. Absolute pipe dream shit though.

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • OzeMike
  • Xzei
  • BroncosAlways
  • phoenix
  • Fozz
  • bb_gun
  • Dash
  • Waynesaurus
  • Battler
  • bert_lifts
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.