Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

I really could not care less where Cobbo goes and for how much. It is a culture issue with him now. If TPJ got flicked for the negative influence he brought to the club, Cobbo is surely entering that same territory.

Storm, Rorters, Phins whoever. They can have him. I want serious players at my club, not whimsical deadshits that want top dollar to have one great game out of every 5.

Your man Armstrong is going to run off Cleary for three years.
I was told broncos when he told the broncos he was signing with them they told him to get out immediately and he couldn't finish the year with wynumn/pride so they put up a bit of a stink and a week later they apologised to him and let him finish the year.

so hes on 625 supposedly

whats the max value you guys would pay?
stan marsh guy GIF by South Park

If the $ figure offered was slightly less or equal to what he’s on now and came with a ‘if you can earn an upgrade from us over the next two years, we’ll deliver it to you’ then Ok..

But if Cobbo and his management expect a decent pay increase based on what he’s produced over the last three seasons, then you’d encourage them to chase it elsewhere

It’s about time the Broncos stood for something when it comes player performances & salaries
What shits me about his manager's comments regarding his "worth a mil" is not performance based, but pretty much based upon media saying he is like the next GI or Latrell, and gauging his worth on their pay.

He is only going to be a centre/wing (if walsh is here) and even Crichton who is arguably currently the best and most consistent outside back is not a mil player.

I was told broncos when he told the broncos he was signing with them they told him to get out immediately and he couldn't finish the year with wynumn/pride so they put up a bit of a stink and a week later they apologised to him and let him finish the year.
The disappointing part of this is that the kid is choosing to leave when we want to keep him. That’s a worry for me. Even at his position we’re lacking and he still think a move is best for his footy. There is a decent stink at the club. Parents and managers of these kids can see it. We can see it.

The disappointing part of this is that the kid is choosing to leave when we want to keep him. That’s a worry for me. Even at his position we’re lacking and he still think a move is best for his footy. There is a decent stink at the club. Parents and managers of these kids can see it. We can see it.
kids aren’t afraid to move for an opportunity and Penrith is a pretty good one and better than the offer Brisbane made. There’s no doubt he’s going to a better development system though and that’s the real disappointment. Young fella Zane Ford Still unsigned. Back rower. Comparable potential to Armstrong.

kids aren’t afraid to move for an opportunity and Penrith is a pretty good one and better than the offer Brisbane made. There’s no doubt he’s going to a better development system though and that’s the real disappointment. Young fella Zane Ford Still unsigned. Back rower. Comparable potential to Armstrong.
Is our development really an issue though? Seems like we can turn them into footballers well enough. Armstrong had a good opportunity here but if Penrith come knocking that would be hard to turn down. Nah we don't need to sign backrowers because we would rather a team full of props.

Or the managers leak to Badel to pressure the club to up their offer.
Entirely possible if the manager is going behind the players back.

Capewell & Walsh seemed a bit pissed off that it was getting leaked but then again it is in the managers best interest to get the most money they can out of their client.

What shits me about his manager's comments regarding his "worth a mil" is not performance based, but pretty much based upon media saying he is like the next GI or Latrell, and gauging his worth on their pay.

He is only going to be a centre/wing (if walsh is here) and even Crichton who is arguably currently the best and most consistent outside back is not a mil player.

Did his manager say that?

It was Parker that said he is "worth a mil", but I've never seen his manager say that.

Broncos have already told Staggs and Cobbo they won't be getting those offers going by reports from earlier this year.

Broncos seem to have become the club that increases your marketing reach as a player so you can get an oversized contract, managers must love getting their players signed at the Broncs. Not sure what the answer is but the results sure look like there is a hint of incompetence with our roster and cap management.

When we have improving players we lose them like Farnworth and Flegler or have to sign them to huge contracts. Can't keep the value contracts we want like Capewell, and sign non spine players to record contracts for their position, like Haas. Extra benefits of all the culture that individual and family bring to the club also.

Reynolds signing was a win but how many times have Brisbane done that? Clinging onto that victory at least a season too long as well.

Reece Walsh wants what? Ponga like money at 1.3M? If you pay that you can't make offers for someone you really need like Sam Walker. Dylan Edwards, who is a clearly better player, earning 900k ish at Penrith means you are always going to be struggling to win against a club that can manage their cap like that.

Seems like the inmates are running the asylum again with the players about to hit the open market and not being signed still.

Did his manager say that?

It was Parker that said he is "worth a mil", but I've never seen his manager say that.

Broncos have already told Staggs and Cobbo they won't be getting those offers going by reports from earlier this year.
ScreenScreenshot 2024 09 18 at 08 11 10 Worth 1 mil Cobbo to test open market as Broncos pl

"He will attract $1 million offers" is different to "he's worth 1 mil". That was also said at the start of the season when he was elite.

We all know the crap clubs throw overs at players to get them.
All seems like a slow news day story to me. We don't know whether the club has taken him under their wing and are mothering him, or whether he was demoted to the wing to get shot of him. He must be a nightmare to coach.

Active Now

• Kev_Guz
  • Fozz
  • Evander
  • Dexter
  • mrtij
  • Totally Unr3al
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • Brocko
  • Financeguy
  • pagey
  • Bucking Beads
  • davidp
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.