Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

In regards to halfbacks after Reynolds, I seen any comments about Madden?
Is he ready to takeover.
He didn't do to well this year when he was injured and that was really his big chance to step up. I think the club and fans have basically judged that he obviously isn't the answer and need to continue looking for alternative options.

8. Haas
9. Walters
10. Welch*
11. Staggs
12. Willison
13. Carrigan
17. Te Kura

Think we need to turn Riki into a middle forward in order to get the best out of him. I've always thought he could emulate Tapine's move. Tapine was an edge forward at Knights before getting signed by Raiders.

Willison could be a damaging edge forward similar to Haumole Olakau'atu. It would enable us to give him the minutes he deserves also.
In what world could he emulate Tapine. He has zero attack. Tapine has always been a weapon in attack. Riki is lucky to make 6 hitups a game for 50 metres.

I don't think we should attempt to have a ball playing lock.

I think our side suits a power game through the middle and shifting the ball out wide to our strike weapons.

I think a ball playing lock would just confuse things.

What I think you are saying is we could use more creativity through the ruck which is what Mozer will bring.. I am keen to see him get more minutes. Maybe clinch the starting role at some point next year. Walters would still make a good utility from the bench.

We could also give Haas more of a license to get creative.. More offloads etc.. He still has levels to go up in his game.
That's one of our problems though, that our only point of attack is shifting ball wide and why Walsh was heavily targeted this year and why we struggled when Sailor came in and couldn't do what Walsh does.
After 2023 teams figured us out and we didn't have much else.

We need to be asking more questions so we confuse other teams on what we're throwing at them.

I don't think we should attempt to have a ball playing lock.

I think our side suits a power game through the middle and shifting the ball out wide to our strike weapons.

I think a ball playing lock would just confuse things.

What I think you are saying is we could use more creativity through the ruck which is what Mozer will bring.. I am keen to see him get more minutes. Maybe clinch the starting role at some point next year. Walters would still make a good utility from the bench.

We could also give Haas more of a license to get creative.. More offloads etc.. He still has levels to go up in his game.
Don’t mind power game if everyone is pushing up supporting each other, ready for offloads looking eager to play.

This year we were just doing shitty one out hit ups & going no where then the out the back play for Walsh. Was so goddam predictable

8. Haas
9. Walters
10. Welch*
11. Staggs
12. Willison
13. Carrigan
17. Te Kura

Think we need to turn Riki into a middle forward in order to get the best out of him. I've always thought he could emulate Tapine's move. Tapine was an edge forward at Knights before getting signed by Raiders.

Willison could be a damaging edge forward similar to Haumole Olakau'atu. It would enable us to give him the minutes he deserves also.
I completely agree with Riki being a bench middle. He always looked a bit sus on an edge and captained NZ from the middle in the under 20s I’m pretty sure.

We just don’t have any second rowers to replace him.

Wilison wants a ‘significant’ pay rise. Only on 250k right now

Being looked at by multiple clubs

club reportedly confident of keeping him.

given that he has only played 11 games in 3 years because of his injury history, he's definitely one that owes the club

Don’t mind power game if everyone is pushing up supporting each other, ready for offloads looking eager to play.

This year we were just doing shitty one out hit ups & going no where then the out the back play for Walsh. Was so goddam predictable
Big part of a power game would also be metre eating back 5, which we were not this year.

Backs getting the ball further upfield and getting quick PTB keeps the big boys on the front foot, and ultimately fresher.

We also religiously gave the ball to Sailor on tackle 4 for an aimless hitup. Not ideal for a power game setup.

We also religiously gave the ball to Sailor on tackle 4 for an aimless hitup. Not ideal for a power game setup.
This was a trend teams were doing this year... with the reintroduction of the downtown rule (although rarely sighted since the early rounds and trials) teams were running their fullback before last because they were one of the only players not chasing the kick so they were no chance of getting pinged for heading downtown too early.

This was a trend teams were doing this year... with the reintroduction of the downtown rule (although rarely sighted since the early rounds and trials) teams were running their fullback before last because they were one of the only players not chasing the kick so they were no chance of getting pinged for heading downtown too early.
Oh yeah I get the premise of it, and it works for some teams and players. Edwards especially. But Sailor limped into the line sideways

Patty passes too often. It's really the only flaw in his game. He's better than Yeo but unfortunately Yeo is allowed to get up faster after being tackled and snap the ball like an NFL player back to his dummy half which makes his team get on the front foot faster. The moment we start doing that is the moment it becomes illegal again.
On this, Patty's passing seem to start the "must score at all cost" plays we attempt. He needs to tuck the ball and take the hard runs more often.

Any time f the players who advocated for the coach to get sacked need to be out the door as well

There’s no rumour attached to this at all but I would like us to chase Josh King as a Jensen replacement.they come off contract at the same time.

He’s 2 or 3 years younger with similar output. Has proven himself in the Storm system. Belly said that he won the award they give at the end of their army boot camp and spoke about how impressive his willpower is.

Would be a great culture buy.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • johnny plath
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • john1420
  • Tmac
  • Gaz
  • Skyblues87
  • HVbronco
  • broncoscope
  • Dash
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Ffs...
  • Xzei
  • Mr Fourex
  • jd87
  • the_next
  • Pigskin
  • mrslong
  • Aldo
  • Galah
... and 43 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.