Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

Kobe under Madge could be very interesting. He regressed badly this year but how much of that was to do with the coaching? I guess it's worth a shot, if he goes as bad as he did this year, well we tried.

I suppose it all depends on if he still wants to be a starting player.

When he's in form, I absolutely love Hetherington off the bench ... But I still wouldn't be starting him. At least in our side

Kobe under Madge could be very interesting. He regressed badly this year but how much of that was to do with the coaching? I guess it's worth a shot, if he goes as bad as he did this year, well we tried.
Agree also think Madge would take a liking to Paix

I'm also happy to hear Paix is welcomed to. I think he and Mozer have potential to be a really good, fast tag team.
I haven't kept up. Is Billy Walter's staying? He's got a 2 year extension. Not sure if another club will pick him up.

Have to wonder what happens to Billy. It’s gonna be real awkward for him that’s for sure. A 2 year extension was a master stroke from us.

Have to wonder what happens to Billy. It’s gonna be real awkward for him that’s for sure. A 2 year extension was a master stroke from us.
If the surveys were anonymous I bet it doesn't take a genius to figure out which was his.

I think Kobe could thrive under Madge.
He doesn't shy away from the hard work which is what Madge is all about.
Attack wise I think Kobe was used poorly under Kev. A guy who has played hooker and 5/8 in his younger days obviously has some kind of ball playing but he's been used as someone who take a one off hit up and gets folded.

I think Kobe could thrive under Madge.
He doesn't shy away from the hard work which is what Madge is all about.
Attack wise I think Kobe was used poorly under Kev. A guy who has played hooker and 5/8 in his younger days obviously has some kind of ball playing but he's been used as someone who take a one off hit up and gets folded.
Always wanted to see him at lock & Patty at prop, I remember when Patty was injured 2021 and Kobe played lock he had some decent ball playing.

WE CAN MAKE IT WORK

Always wanted to see him at lock & Patty at prop, I remember when Patty was injured 2021 and Kobe played lock he had some decent ball playing.

WE CAN MAKE IT WORK
I think Jensen is the odd one out in this scenario. He is a workhorse that needs to sponge up the early parts of the game to allow the likes of Willison and co to break it open off the bench. I don't think he would be anywhere near as valuable coming off the bench.

8. Haas
10. Carrigan
13. Hetherington

14. Mozer
15. Willison
16. ?
17 ?

Balance wise Kobe may be better off coming off the bench and smashing ***** that are beginning to fatigue - more likely to result in drop balls or tired runs that leave them open for a flogging.

I think Jensen is the odd one out in this scenario. He is a workhorse that needs to sponge up the early parts of the game to allow the likes of Willison and co to break it open off the bench. I don't think he would be anywhere near as valuable coming off the bench.

8. Haas
10. Carrigan
13. Hetherington

14. Mozer
15. Willison
16. ?
17 ?

Balance wise Kobe may be better off coming off the bench and smashing ***** that are beginning to fatigue - more likely to result in drop balls or tired runs that leave them open for a flogging.
Yeah true

This guy has been speaking shit all year and none of it has been right.

But I wonder how many people would be on the sack Madge train if he does decide to keep Baker.

Staggs I guess I could see going elsewhere.

Payne not so much considering he's basically the guardian of his family. Unlikely he would uproot all of them to go elsewhere.

So unless the phins or titans stumped up the cash, don't see him going anywhere.

I dont see anyone offering Payne more money than we have. No point him moving to Sydney with the costs down there on the same money.

The question should be can we get better value and balance the squad better without carrying him on the money he is on now. He's one of the top forwards in the game, but i still dont think he's worth the money we have him on right now.

This guy has been speaking shit all year and none of it has been right.

But I wonder how many people would be on the sack Madge train if he does decide to keep Baker.

He's literally just a random person with a Twitter/X acount - that could be you or me making up shit to get a bit of attention.

No idea why people give chancers like this any air time. Posting something on Twitter/X is no more reputable than creating a thread on here and posting some garbage rumour you concocted yourself.

Having a look through Madge's team selections over the years it seems he likes big forward packs.

Souths notoriously ran over the top of teams in 2014 via the Burgess brothers and Tigers operated with a third prop at lock... however both those periods were before Vlando ball or when the change happened.

For the kiwis last year he had JFH and Leota starting props with Tapine at lock and a bench of Neame, NAS and Leo Thompson... so again going with a big forward pack, but that may have been due to limitations on available selections.

This finally changed for the blues this year where his lock was McInness initially, before changing to Cam Murray for games 2 & 3 when he became available and using Connor Watson off the bench.

It would be a big call to move Patty out of lock and go with Kobe, but Kobe is not the same type of lock as Patty, Cam Murray and even Connor Watson... which leaves Kobe effectively in the prop rotation. I think there is still value in Kobe especially if Madge's strategy remains that rolling through the middle and quick ptb's.

I don’t think Kobe gives anywhere near as much value to the team as he should. Happy to see what we can bring in if he leaves.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • lynx000
  • Astro
  • Sproj
  • Galah
  • Johnny92
  • Scdeac
  • johnny plath
  • HarryAllan7
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Hurrijo
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Allo
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • FACTHUNT
  • Alec
  • Broncosarethebest
  • xilliun
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.