Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

Honestly I was thinking more Haas to lock in that scenario and have them rotating with each other to still get the full 80 minutes out of them both. Like I said, it was completely left field.
Yeah I like your thinking. Willison to Fullback as he has experience. Good backup fullback to Haas who also has experience at fullback and won us a game against Sharks from there in '21.

Yeah idk was just looking at all options considering apparently Madge doesn’t like carrying a hooker on the bench
In Origin he had the luxury of Connor Watson on the bench, who can play anywhere (lock, hooker, centre, half). He's exactly the player we need.

Smoothy did a decent job covering there this season, but it would remain to be seen how it would go.

A completely left field option would be Carrigan in the 6. While he doesn't have the kicking game, he would be able to steer the team around and stick to the structure without changing his combo with Haas imo.

I'm not sure where that leaves Mam, but it might be an option after Reynolds retires.

Release Mam so Carrigan can play in the halves seems to be the play.

I thought I was in that recreational drugs thread for a second, what a stupid idea.

1. Haas - Strong kick returns, get our sets started strongly

6. Carrigan - Hard to bring down by small centres out wide

7. Mam - Long term half-back

9 Reynolds - Our best passer and kicker, get the ball out to Carrigan out wide asap

13. Walsh - Quick and agile with ball playing, will be hard for big forwards to tackle

8 - Baker Makes huge metres up the middle, amazing ball skills and security. Puts the fear of God into his opposition with his big hits.

1. Haas - Strong kick returns, get our sets started strongly

6. Carrigan - Hard to bring down by small centres out wide

7. Mam - Long term half-back

9 Reynolds - Our best passer and kicker, get the ball out to Carrigan out wide asap

13. Walsh - Quick and agile with ball playing, will be hard for big forwards to tackle
Willison did a good job at Fullback in his time there, read the play well.
Haas would be more suited to the wing I reckon, has a shown a good ability to cover kicks behind the line and we need those tough carries out of our own end.

Honestly I was thinking more Haas to lock in that scenario and have them rotating with each other to still get the full 80 minutes out of them both. Like I said, it was completely left field.
Tbh I didn’t actually think you were being serious with the Carrigan to 6 call aha

Did he want to play hooker? Only way I could see him getting in the team because he's not outing Patty.
More like his dad as a bench utility. But maybe we couldn't offer him what Redcliffe could .He still had Gilbert and others in front of him when signed but prob though he had more opportunities and probably got offered more cash too.

If the NRL were a team:
1. Newcastle - Their entire team is their fullback
2. Brisbane - Like the glory play, not built for hard work, has errors in the game
3. Cronulla - Doesn’t mind a flashy run or two but better at letting someone else get over the line
4. Easts - Likes to go on runs, not afraid to throw their outside man under the bus and a bit of a talent hog
5. North Queensland - Always trying to be relevant but does pull out a random run from nowhere before being quiet again
6. New Zealand - Made to look better by some good runs while those around them fall down
7. Penrith - The superstar of the team, makes everyone else around them look better
8. Titans - Great straight up the guts
9. Storm - Flashy but not afraid to get down and dirty, doesn’t mind orchestrating playbook infringements and gets under everyone else’s skin
10. Raiders - No nonsense, hard nosed, ref is scared of them
11. Redcliffe - Won’t let you down but won’t win you anything either, gritty and hard working with some strong upside, inexperienced
12. St George - No frills player, tackles well, runs hard, a bit shaky with lateral movement
13. Manly - Decent in attack and defense, hard working but tends to need others around them make them look better

14. Souths - Jack of all trades, masters of none, has good utility value with a star turn at times
15. Parramatta - Used to be a star but now a solid bench player, not what they used to be but still good every now and then
16. Canterbury - Good honest toiler who will get gritty, might not make huge metres but will stiffen up your defense
17. Wests - You need 17 players otherwise you have to forfeit

After checking out the NSW team list, Madge has had a 80min hooker and that's why he mentioned Paix. Also he had 2 second rowers, 1 prop and a lock on the bench. Which is interesting as we short on SR. Currently our other SR options could be Oats and Stagg...
It's going to be interesting to see his picks.

Yeah I like your thinking. Willison to Fullback as he has experience. Good backup fullback to Haas who also has experience at fullback and won us a game against Sharks from there in '21.
Excellent strategy. This frees up Reynolds to prolong his career as a ball playing prop.

Unread

Active Now

• lynx000
  • I bleed Maroon
  • NSW stables
  • Skyblues87
  • broncoscope
  • Hurrijo
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.