Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

If Melbourne and Penrith have shown anything, especially this year, you don't need top shelf centres to win.

I.e. panthers lost the best centre in the game, and replaced him with alamoti, a 20 year old noone wanted and picked him up dirt cheap and now he is a premiership winner

Place decent centres that assist with hard yards and provide them with a good structure with attacking lines/plays to run and allow the creative players (halves, fullback etc) to create the gap.

In the centres I prefer good defenders and effort players. With the right structure and plays they can score points/assists.

If Melbourne and Penrith have shown anything, especially this year, you don't need top shelf centres to win.

I.e. panthers lost the best centre in the game, and replaced him with alamoti, a 20 year old noone wanted and picked him up dirt cheap and now he is a premiership winner

Place decent centres that assist with hard yards and provide them with a good structure with attacking lines/plays to run and allow the creative players (halves, fullback etc) to create the gap.

In the centres I prefer good defenders and effort players. With the right structure and plays they can score points/assists.

They also have two huge metre eating wingers of which Cobbo is our only one essentially. You can't win anything in the modern game if your wingers aren't making huge metres. This is what puts him ahead of importance over Staggs for me.

I would say where Cobbo can differ is that he can play centre, but can also fill in at wing and fullback if needed... you can get 3 for the price of one potentially, which provides squad versatility, but also in game cover.

Staggs at this point is a centre only... although he could become a bench utility in the future playing that Dyl Walker bench middle role and providing value as cover for outside backs, second row, etc. Maybe even halves given his previous time at five eight, but he's not used that way at the moment.

That would probably be my plan if retaining both of them... that bench utility role is becoming more and more important and Staggs could be that player for us in the future with Cobbo and Mariner being the long term centres.

Because they get it too good at the Broncos, and even with a harder edge coach i dont see them losing some of the perks they get.
The club really doesn’t stand for anything good these days. Pampered players and a club with no heart and soul. What does the club stand for? Does the club even really want to win a premiership or are they happy just winning the business side of the NRL?

Given we have lost Oates, Pereira, Sailor and likely Karapani, who aree we likely to replace them with? I have heard we might be looking at the Latrell Clickbait guy, and Hayze Perham and may promote from within. What do people think about any of Tom Jenkins, Ken Maumalo or Morgan Harper as outside back depth?

Given we have lost Oates, Pereira, Sailor and likely Karapani, who aree we likely to replace them with? I have heard we might be looking at the Latrell Clickbait guy, and Hayze Perham and may promote from within. What do people think about any of Tom Jenkins, Ken Maumalo or Morgan Harper as outside back depth?
Haven't seen much of Jenkins but has wraps.

If we are looking to rebalance the cap and accept losing cobbo or staggs. Zac laybutt looked decent low cost option prior to his injury. He runs a good line. People have had wraps on smith-shields for a while.

You could even move arthars into centre who is experienced and go for jojo fifita on the wing. Big and fast and could help from the back field.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Lazza
  • Foordy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Rico
  • Dexter
  • Skathen
  • NSW stables
  • theshed
  • Sproj
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncorob
  • Gaz
  • BruiserMk1
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.