Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

Apocalypse Now Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

Did you watch any games this year?
Our first choice wingers would struggle to get us past the 30m line..
Penrith build their game on the back of their outside backs doing the work.
Probably the only guy we've got in our 30 that is capable of doing this is Cobbo and you don't know what you're going to get with him and can't do it on his own.
Still think a winger is the least important position and always has been. You can’t really think a winger is top priority for broncos to be spending money on. Game is won by big forwards and halves that will never change.

Still think a winger is the least important position and always has been. You can’t really think a winger is top priority for broncos to be spending money on. Game is won by big forwards and halves that will never change.

it`s 2024 ...

I would say where Cobbo can differ is that he can play centre, but can also fill in at wing and fullback if needed... you can get 3 for the price of one potentially, which provides squad versatility, but also in game cover.

Staggs at this point is a centre only... although he could become a bench utility in the future playing that Dyl Walker bench middle role and providing value as cover for outside backs, second row, etc. Maybe even halves given his previous time at five eight, but he's not used that way at the moment.

That would probably be my plan if retaining both of them... that bench utility role is becoming more and more important and Staggs could be that player for us in the future with Cobbo and Mariner being the long term centres.
Staggs for me will head into the Tunza zone as he ages and could be an option at centre, second row or lock. I agree he would be handy off the bench.

I personally don't want to lose either of him or Cobbo but we can't break the bank keeping both. Cobbo needs to get down and become professional, otherwise his career will fizzle out in my opinion and he will end up like Andrew Walker, all the natural talent wasted.

Greatly over rated at club level IMO .
Over plays his role far too often . Mistakes flow from him .

There are reasons Flanno wants to let him go ....
hunt is that sort of player tho I guess, creative players make errors but it dosent inherently mean they are no good, they are actually very important because they are rare and the only blokes on the field that can get points from not much going on. It really depends on what type of team Madge wants to build, I think attacking flare with hunt, Walsh, mozer, Reynolds and Mam could put on a lot of points and is the direct counter to other teams (Penrith) that prefer to grind wins slowly through metre gains and ball control

Hahaha reading all the comments I've been seesawing all over the place on this debate but I'm definitely on the keep Cobbo for this season. I want to see how he performs under Madge (actually that goes for the entire squad to be fair). If he can stay injury free and show some maturing he will dazzle us all.

I'd hate to lose Staggs also as he has become one of my favourite players just for the pure grit he brings. We don't have enough of that.

To lose either poses big issues for our recruitment. Time for some creative accounting me thinks.
Heart Smile GIF

Let's say we could in theory turn losing Staggs/Cobbo in to getting Hunt and Mulitalo, would you do it? Personally, I'd prefer to keep Cobbo and let Staggs walk if we had to choose. Cobbo, yes has issues, but ability wise offers so much more versatility than Staggs.

So then run with:

1. Walsh
2. Arthars
3. Mariner
4. Cobbo
5. Mulitalo
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Willison
9. Hunt
10. Haas
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Mozer
15. Jensen
16. Taupau/Te Kura
17. Hetherington

I mean, that's a well balanced side with metres in the backs from Mulitalo, Cobbo and hopefully a bulked up Mariner. The issue at second-row though unfortunately remains.

Let's say we could in theory turn losing Staggs/Cobbo in to getting Hunt and Mulitalo, would you do it? Personally, I'd prefer to keep Cobbo and let Staggs walk if we had to choose. Cobbo, yes has issues, but ability wise offers so much more versatility than Staggs.

So then run with:

1. Walsh
2. Arthars
3. Mariner
4. Cobbo
5. Mulitalo
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Willison
9. Hunt
10. Haas
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Mozer
15. Jensen
16. Taupau/Te Kura
17. Hetherington

I mean, that's a well balanced side with metres in the backs from Mulitalo, Cobbo and hopefully a bulked up Mariner. The issue at second-row though unfortunately remains.
I really don’t like Mariner in the centres, he was hopeless in defence there at the end of the year.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • FACTHUNT
  • RolledOates
  • Santa
  • Emanon
  • davidp
  • Strop
  • winslow_wong
  • mitch222
  • mrslong
  • Johnny92
  • Dash
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Gaz
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.