Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

Let's say we could in theory turn losing Staggs/Cobbo in to getting Hunt and Mulitalo, would you do it? Personally, I'd prefer to keep Cobbo and let Staggs walk if we had to choose. Cobbo, yes has issues, but ability wise offers so much more versatility than Staggs.

So then run with:

1. Walsh
2. Arthars
3. Mariner
4. Cobbo
5. Mulitalo
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Willison
9. Hunt
10. Haas
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Mozer
15. Jensen
16. Taupau/Te Kura
17. Hetherington

I mean, that's a well balanced side with metres in the backs from Mulitalo, Cobbo and hopefully a bulked up Mariner. The issue at second-row though unfortunately remains.

I don't know about getting Hunt back. If we're all in on Coby Black, an English half like Harry Smith or Mikey Lewis with a player option or clause in their favour on the deal allowing them to leave if Black manages to cement his place in the first team during their tenure might be a short-medium term option at halfback.

I don't know about getting Hunt back. If we're all in on Coby Black, an English half like Harry Smith or Mikey Lewis with a player option or clause in their favour on the deal allowing them to leave if Black manages to cement his place in the first team during their tenure might be a short-medium term option at halfback.

Hunt would be an ideal option as a short term halfback until Black is ready. Reynolds retires and his money can go to Hunt. Hunt has been paid over a million for half his career now, he can afford to take Reynolds money ($700k?) In his twilight years.

Hunt would be an ideal option as a short term halfback until Black is ready. Reynolds retires and his money can go to Hunt. Hunt has been paid over a million for half his career now, he can afford to take Reynolds money ($700k?) In his twilight years.
I still don't know it's the right idea though. If they do it, they do it. But he's actually the same age as Reynolds though, so it seems like it's a 2025 or bust move, and he'd have to play hooker or 5/8.

I think the time for the Hunt reunion has passed. 2023 was the moment and we didn't get him.

I agree unless we could get him really cheap with him being on board of coming home for a season or two to finish what he started. If he is on his current wage and wants the same or more, nope no point even entertaining it.

I agree unless we could get him really cheap with him being on board of coming home for a season or two to finish what he started. If he is on his current wage and wants the same or more, nope no point even entertaining it.
Who would he replace? He's not a Reynolds replacement. Only way I could see it working would be if he wanted to be a bench utility for us in 2026 with Mozer taking the reins.

Who would he replace? He's not a Reynolds replacement. Only way I could see it working would be if he wanted to be a bench utility for us in 2026 with Mozer taking the reins.

He would be the starting 9 and injury cover for Reynolds when he is inevitably injured.

He would be the starting 9 and injury cover for Reynolds when he is inevitably injured.
I would rather go with Mozer (assuming he kicks on) than a 36yo Hunt as starting hooker in 2026.
He's not a game managing halfback. He never has been. I'm not sure why we think he could come in and do a job he's never really been able to do prior. We also need to look to the future in Black.

I would rather go with Mozer (assuming he kicks on) than a 36yo Hunt as starting hooker in 2026.
He's not a game managing halfback. He never has been. I'm not sure why we think he could come in and do a job he's never really been able to do prior. We also need to look to the future in Black.

All of this is dependent on him coming next year and on a heavily reduced deal, so it is all a moot point anyway. But even so, he would allow us to have an amazing fall back 7 option on Reynolds as Black is not ready yet.

I wonder if it would be possible to leak to oryn keeley's management to agitate for a release.

He is stuck behind Bromwich, kafusi, Gilbert, lemuelu and finefieuaki at the dolphins.

Decent second row option.

Was fantastic this year, Norths/Dolphins guys just love him. His State Final form and finals form was sensational.

Never dropped his bundle and just brought in for Norths always 18th man for Dolphins and kept his great attitude. Could have easily been a frustrating year but he made the most of it. He just seemed to love Cup and Norths which is a big hurdle sometimes when you buy Sydney guys.

Skillful with the ball too as well as running. Was easily my second row of the year for Cup.

Any time f the players who advocated for the coach to get sacked need to be out the door as well
I can't agree on this because of the fact it was anonymous and we don't know if they advocated for it rather than criticized a part of his coaching relative to themselves.

I would honestly need to see what is said to suggest it's a problem first but that will never happen, sometimes it's just mild stuff but the club acted on it.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Mustafur
  • Broncs1459
  • winslow_wong
  • Harry Sack
  • RodF
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.