NEWS Broncos sign another hooker

IMO, this is a decent signing for a number of reasons:
  • Turpin desperately needs help, he is not an 80 minute hooker. he will be so much more effective playing about 60 mins.
  • cheap depth contract
  • if Kevvie is planning on continuing the transition of Paix to hooker that Seibold started, then Paix needs to be playing big minutes in the ISC, not 15 minutes in the NRL
  • from all reports playing well for the ISC ladder leaders.
  • has NRL and international experience. (and not over the hill like Luke was)

If Dearden is gone and Walters is his replacement then dear god no.

a) we have a position still open on our roster
b) I doubt we'll release Dearden this year
c) Dearden has shown SFA so far, so probably not to much of a downgrade anyway
d) I actually think Dearden needs to play a full season in the ISC, Seibold did him a massive disservice by playing him too early. problem (if you call it that) is he'll walk anyway if we try to develop him properly now.
e) all in all, even if the theory is proven true (which i doubt) it's still not a dear god now meme worthy situation. there's definitely a time and place for that meme ... but this isn't it

If he's relocating now then there must be a deal in place. He's at the end of his recovery period.

Though it wouldn't make sense that we'd sign Walters for the rest of the year given Levi has just signed.

Unless there really is legs to the rumours Dearden is gone and Walters is his 5/8 replacement

He has recovered, he played for Wests on the weekend, played 21 minutes.

I guess that means no more Seggy at the broncos. Shame really cos we could have increased our PNG contingent to 3. Where’s Kevin’s son going to play now the hooker position is taken for the rest of the year ? 🤔

I guess that means no more Seggy at the broncos. Shame really cos we could have increased our PNG contingent to 3. Where’s Kevin’s son going to play now the hooker position is taken for the rest of the year ? 🤔

at the Tigers

How is this similar, Croft has never even been close to rep level ever, and I don't think he is signed to be a starter like Croft was.
Err, it's similar for the reasons I already have given ! Wtfs so hard to grasp?

I reckon we should give the guy his shirt ... let him loose on the paddock ... and see how he shapes up before we start bagging him. I've been watching him playing for the Devils and he's a goer.
He is a polarising figure, not liked at the knights and manly by other players.

I think the arrival of Levi is a sensible move.

Clearly we have kept a spot open for him this whole time, simply watching to see what his form was in ISC.

I can hear Turps breathing a sigh of relief from here. All things being equal, Levi is a good option for the 14 jersey.

Is Walters next? Well, now we play dominos right?

If Deardens going, then we really should let him go back into ISC with Milf. As Milf is basically going anyway, we now have a hole at 5/8th; Walters can play there.

Reynolds may be the ultimate signing, but Souths are all-in this year for a title. No way they allow him to terminate his contract to come here.

Therefore, we are argubly ending the season with a Walter/Croft scrumbase...

Clearly we have kept a spot open for him this whole time, simply watching to see what his form was in ISC.

I can hear Turps breathing a sigh of relief from here. All things being equal, Levi is a good option for the 14 jersey.

If Deardens going, then we really should let him go back into ISC with Milf. As Milf is basically going anyway, we now have a hole at 5/8th; Walters can play there.

Reynolds may be the ultimate signing, but Souths are all-in this year for a title. No way they allow him to terminate his contract to come here.

I totally agree as blood is thicker than Walters.

If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Not too much Kev can do about all this apart from rebuilding the culture and then eventually start winning some games...

Again, Walters kid coming to us will make waves until certain individuals contrats are announced or not and then folk will say "Ah...now i see why he is here"....

If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Thanks for the tip: I've been making cakes all morning.

Cake

You’d be mad to drop Dearden for Billy just out of spite of him leaving.

well....arent you equally mad developing a players career when he is leaving..?

I can however see both sides of this argument...

Maybe it comes down to what the playing group feel....and thats on the coach..

well....arent you equally mad developing a players career when he is leaving..?

I can however see both sides of this argument...

Maybe it comes down to what the playing group feel....and thats on the coach..

Not if you don’t have any better alternative. You select the team that gives you the best chance to win. You don’t burn the season down to develop the 27 year old Billy Walters just to spite the Cowboys.

You’d be mad to drop Dearden for Billy just out of spite of him leaving.

I don't think that situation is spite ... IMO, **** developing a player (who in this case most seem to agree isn't ready for NRL) for a rival team.

demoting a player back to the ISC under these circumstances wouldn't be a unique scenario. the only reason you wouldn't do this if the player was a gun already and you were pushing for a premiership

I don't think that situation is spite ... IMO, **** developing a player (who in this case most seem to agree isn't ready for NRL) for a rival team.

demoting a player back to the ISC under these circumstances wouldn't be a unique scenario. the only reason you wouldn't do this if the player was a gun already and you were pushing for a premiership

I agree with your sentiment. But there’s no more beneficial option. So it’s pointless. The only player that it would be worth dropping him for is to trial Staggs at 6 but there’s every chance that we’d be developing him for the titans by that point.

If we had a 6 somewhere trying his guts out that deserved the reward over the kid leaving then you do it. Penrith are happily playing Burton because he is best for the team.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Wolfie
  • ivanhungryjak
  • broncos4life
  • Waynesaurus
  • Aldo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Tim K
  • Allo
  • Mr Fourex
  • Rah88
  • Harry Sack
  • Financeguy
  • Battler
  • broncsgoat
  • Fozz
  • Sproj
  • Galah
  • Mustafur
  • BroncosFan_Corey
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.