OFFICIAL Broncos sign Brenko Lee

In a like for like replacement for Xavier Coates, the Broncos have signed Storm and Maroons winger Brenko Lee on a 2 year deal starting in 2022. Lee, who can play wing or centre, has already advised his Storm team mates of his decision. He has not played a game yet this season due to injury.

Lee:

Coming to the Storm has been a life-changing experience mentally and physically. I nearly gave it away after the Titans told me it was best for us to part ways and go in a different direction. I hold no grudges against anyone. They finished last and some guys had to go.”

“If you told me I would have been in a grand final, I would have asked what you are smoking because I didn’t think it was possible. was close to pulling the pin completely. I nearly gave it away after the Titans told me it was best for us to part ways and go in a different direction. I hold no grudges against anyone. They finished last and some guys had to go.

McHunt

I'm sure the financial side was good for us and I think KW rates him. He'll go alright. Handy.

Way better than Arthars, I think this actually confirms Staggs will be playing 6, or at the very least fullback.

Is it for immediate release, or from next year?

I'm guessing it's no more than 250-300k

Meh.....thought that Hynes was worth chasing hard.....perhaps he doesnt want to come here...?

We are signing names. An absolute positive! Dave Donaghy strikes again.

I feel like a facepalm. Melbourne wont be bothered in the slightest he is leaving. Dont rate Brenko at all. Tbf to him he had an amazing year last year getting an Origin jersey and a Grand final win, but outside of that Storm system i can see it all ending in tears.

I feel like a facepalm. Melbourne wont be bothered in the slightest he is leaving. Dont rate Brenko at all. Tbf to him he had an amazing year last year getting an Origin jersey and a Grand final win, but outside of that Storm system i can see it all ending in tears.
What’s your biggest gripe with how he plays? Honest question

At the right money I think he's an excellent signing. The Opacic style backline player who won't do anything special but is dependable and cheap.

I don't think Melbourne will lose any sleep but if we're going to rebuild I think premiership rep players on the cheap are a good way to fill out the squad.

What’s your biggest gripe with how he plays? Honest question

I think he is a bit error prone if i'm being honest. If we get the version of Brenko from the Storm, he will be a pretty decent signing. If we get the Bulldogs/Raiders/Titans version i dont think he is going to improve us much, but in some respects we probably need a player of his age and experience.

At the right money I think he's an excellent signing. The Opacic style backline player who won't do anything special but is dependable and cheap.

I don't think Melbourne will lose any sleep but if we're going to rebuild I think premiership rep players on the cheap are a good way to fill out the squad.

I'm not sure i'd call Brenko dependable! I'm actually interested to see if this comes off if he can take what he learned at the Storm and keep it up without Bellamy on his case.

I think he is a bit error prone if i'm being honest. If we get the version of Brenko from the Storm, he will be a pretty decent signing. If we get the Bulldogs/Raiders/Titans version i dont think he is going to improve us much, but in some respects we probably need a player of his age and experience.
I suspect/ hope the little things he was getting wrong have probably been drilled out of him. I can’t imagine it was an expensive deal.

Not a bad get as I'm sure it won't be for much $. He was very solid last year. Yes Melb system etc etc but as I said, he won't be coming here on overs.

I don't see this as putting a stop to us chasing Hynes.

BHQ: Kev, can we have Gagai?

Kev: we have Gagai at home.

Gagai at home:

Attachments

• CAC61A49-4B55-4001-8B06-0A6E619207E3.jpeg
    CAC61A49-4B55-4001-8B06-0A6E619207E3.jpeg
    21.8 KB · Views: 99
So why do you think we're more likely to get the immature developing player and not the current version, the now version? Why would you think he'd suddenly lose his maturity and experience?

Bit concerned about his injuries this year (hamstring and then calf). However it looks like kevie is really looking to rebalance the team with a solid all round centre from a successful team that can sure up our edge defence and finish attacking plays.

He does have a nice pass, timing on him too which could mean our wingers see a bit more ball.

Active Now

• BruiserMk1
  • Foordy
  • Lurker
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • Browny
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • Wolfie
  • Jazza
  • Midean
  • Brocko
  • Skyblues87
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • broncsgoat
  • Shane Tronc
  • FACTHUNT
  • teampjta
  • tajhay
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.