OFFICIAL Broncos sign Dale Copley

FaithinHook

FaithinHook

NRL Player
Jun 4, 2013
As first announced on BHQ a month or 2 ago, Dale Copley returns. A nice depth signing for us.

Speedster Dale Copley has signed a one-year deal to return to the Brisbane Broncos.

The 29-year-old Queenslander, who has played 143 NRL games and scored 56 tries, started his career at the Broncos before stints with the Roosters and Titans.

Born in Ingham, Copley moved to Brisbane and was a product of rugby league nursery Wavell State High School before joining the Broncos in 2009.

He made his debut in Round 15, 2009 against the Sharks, and went on to play 72 games, scoring 31 tries, in seven years with Brisbane.

Broncos CEO Paul White said: “It’s just great to have Dale back at our Club.

“He is a product of our development system and a passionate Queenslander, and he will bring some leadership to our playing group.

“Dale played some of his best footy in our Club colours, and I’m sure Broncos members and fans will love to see him back.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Was touted as an origin centre early on in his career, ultimately injuries and been bumped to bring in james Roberts have probably held him back.

He's definitely an intelligent lad and from memory defensively solid. Could possibly play a jack reed type role. At 29 if his body holds up he could become a regular. If not, the one year deal sees him gone in 2022.

I'm happy with this.

I felt he could have had a breakout year, until he was pushed out for Roberts.

one mistake that we made with him last time IMO, is that we moved him all around the backline and never gave him a chance to get settled in one position, we moved him between center/wing right/left

his best year by far was 2014 when he scored 16 tries, mainly as a center, then was push out to get Roberts.

1. Farnworth / Isaako
2. Isaako/Mead / Farnworth
3. Copley
4. Chamber (until Staggs)
5. Coates

it’s not the prettiest backline but it should be pretty reliable

based on current players for next year, i'd go with

1. Isaako
2. Farnworth
3. Copley
4. Arthars/Niu (Staggs the second he is fit)
5. Coates

another option for the 4 jumper could be Oates. he's big, strong and a little bit of toe when he winds up. he also wouldn't have to worry about catching bombs as much from center.

based on current players for next year, i'd go with

1. Isaako
2. Farnworth
3. Copley
4. Arthars/Niu (Staggs the second he is fit)
5. Coates

another option for the 4 jumper could be Oates. he's big, strong and a little bit of toe when he winds up. he also wouldn't have to worry about catching bombs as much from center.
Geez I'd be pretty concerned with Oates' defensive reads in the centres though. He'd risk being a turnstile. Maybe Copley and Farnworth could work as a centre pairing till Staggs gets back?

Last edited:
I'd rather not **** Farnworth around ... IMO, his long term position is wing, so he should just player there now
Def still a bit light on in depth in that centre position with Staggs out. Bit of a head scratcher who Kev selects to partner Dale.

Geez I'd be pretty concerned with Oates' defensive reads in the centres though. He'd risk being a turnstile. Maybe Copley and Farnworth could work as a centre pairing till Staggs gets back?
Defending at center is pretty difficult and requires a lot of communication and discipline. I reckon Oates could become decent there, but i think he would get found out with his lateral movement.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Foordy
  • Jedhead
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncsgoat
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Organix
  • Waynesaurus
  • Financeguy
  • LittleDavey
  • Fatboy
  • Brocko
  • winslow_wong
  • Morkel
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Harry Sack
  • Johnny92
  • BroncoFan94
  • broncos4life
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.