OFFICIAL Broncos sign Jordan Pereira

The thing that baffles me with Oates is why he isn't a starting winger in our side at the moment. Kevvie hasnt given an answer, and the currents wing performances arent great.

The thing that baffles me with Oates is why he isn't a starting winger in our side at the moment. Kevvie hasnt given an answer, and the currents wing performances arent great.
To me it seems obvious that he’s trying to force him out of the club before he takes his PO for next year. I suspect if Corey calls his bluff and takes the PO he will find himself back in the first grade team this season.

The one I don’t get is Mead, he’s signed on for next year, the club isn’t trying to move him on, and he’s been reliably doing his job when on the wing.

I dont think any player is giving up what some are suggesting he should. We are definatly taking a big hit to get him off the books because our cap mess is so public. He isnt happy about playing ISC, which is a good sign for me, if he was it would be a worry. His unhappiness is coming from him not being told what he needs to fix up to get back in the team.
I’m not arguing, but honestly, after 5-6 years of making the same mistakes (at least sporadically), should the onus not be on Oates to recognise what he needs to do better.

You would think ball security and not coming in off his wing would be good starts?

To me it seems obvious that he’s trying to force him out of the club before he takes his PO for next year. I suspect if Corey calls his bluff and takes the PO he will find himself back in the first grade team this season.

The one I don’t get is Mead, he’s signed on for next year, the club isn’t trying to move him on, and he’s been reliably doing his job when on the wing.
Baffles me too. Coates isnt exactly setting world on fire. Cobbo needs to be slowly introduced.

I’m not arguing, but honestly, after 5-6 years of making the same mistakes (at least sporadically), should the onus not be on Oates to recognise what he needs to do better.

You would think ball security and not coming in off his wing would be good starts?
Xavier Coates screams in to no mans land....

Probably right, but i think its up to the coach as well not to leave players in any doubt.

Probably right, but i think its up to the coach as well not to leave players in any doubt.
No doubt.

However, something to consider; Bennett couldn’t coach it out of him, Seibold couldn’t and now Walters can’t.

Perhaps it’s not the coach?

No doubt.

However, something to consider; Bennett couldn’t coach it out of him, Seibold couldn’t and now Walters can’t.

Perhaps it’s not the coach?

Maybe. I think a lot of wingers do it though these days in terms of coming off their wings.. In regards to him this year, i dont think he did a great deal wrong tbh. His worst form probably was his 2 years under seibold.

I think there is a good chance the reason Oates/Mead aren't in the team is because Kevvie wants to give Cobbo some time in the top grade to get him ready for next season... and Kev doesn't have (or at least feels that he doesn't have) the reputation required to get away with dropping a current origin rep (especially during the origin period)

I think there is a good chance the reason Oates/Mead aren't in the team is because Kevvie wants to give Cobbo some time in the top grade to get him ready for next season... and Kev doesn't have (or at least feels that he doesn't have) the reputation required to get away with dropping a current origin rep (especially during the origin period)
I really don’t buy this Coates reasoning. Walters and the club just announced during a live game that at they are trying to sack 2 of their best performing players - that doesn’t exactly give me the impression they give a shit what people would think about dropping Coates.

I really don’t buy this Coates reasoning. Walters and the club just announced during a live game that at they are trying to sack 2 of their best performing players - that doesn’t exactly give me the impression they give a shit what people would think about dropping Coates.

There was a report in the Australian (from Read I think) that basically said they had the information before the game (at least a day before) but "out of respect" for the club, they held off revealing it until after kick off so it wouldn't be a distraction

There was a report in the Australian (from Read I think) that basically said they had the information before the game (at least a day before) but "out of respect" for the club, they held off revealing it until after kick off so it wouldn't be a distraction
You may be right, but for all the faults of the club, I just don’t accept that such a poor justification would dictate the team selections. For all the bad decisions being made regarding the team in the past few months, I think that would easily be the worst and I would lose any slight remaining faith i have in any of those responsible for these type of decisions. I can’t express how not fit for the job someone must be if they are letting origin selectors chose their club line up.

I hope the case is, Kev and whoever else selects the team, just thinks Coates is the best player available in that position - despite whether I agree with it or not.

Brenko Lee and Capewell aren’t in the nrl contracts list either. Reynolds is though.
Yeah it's weird, are they just lazy with updates sometimes or has the contract not been properly lodged or something?

Yeah it's weird, are they just lazy with updates sometimes or has the contract not been properly lodged or something?
The answer is surely laziness but whether it’s the guys processing the contracts or the website guy, I’m not sure.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.