OFFICIAL Broncos sign Jordan Pereira

Oates has a PO, if he signs elsewhere we don’t pay him anything.
You think he is going to just give up a few hundred grand and have to move his family for the pleasure of that pay cut? lolok

Bird left post taking up the option. You tell Oates he won’t play first grade at the broncos again and that if he decides to take up his PO, the club won’t release him for less than $450k. If we have to chip in any more than the 50k he will remain and play the year in Q cup.
So in this scenario, he has 2 options, and both of them involve him not playing for the Broncos. Option 1 gets him 500-600k from the club, and option 2 gets him nothing from the club. I wonder what he will choose?

The one who isn't a complete defensive liability that's been given more than enough chances to improve his defensive decision making and hands under the high ball? Yes, I agree, I'd also prefer Pereira.

The only reason you'd want Oates playing first grade for the Broncos ever again is if you haven't watch football for the last 2 seasons. He's atrocious. Has been for a while.
If you actually watched his performances this year, his performances were the best by any winger at the club this year, with Mead, who is also in ISC. Kevvie doing well.

It wont worry him if its a financial decision. If he cant get a better deal, he stays. If we want him off the books we have to chip in, and because other clubs know our situation we will be chipping in 60 or 70 percent of his contract i reckon. We arent in a strong position to negotiate.
More power to him but it would be another reflection of his attitude which has lead to him going from a walk up origin selection to a reserve player. He endlessly whinged about not wanting to play wing, he didn’t have the patience to earn a spot in the 2nd row, he publicly sulked about it on several occasions and publicly bagged Seibold (yeah he was a shit coach but that’s still a poor attitude), now he’s apparently happy to spend 2 years in q cup instead of backing himself to rejuvenate his career at another club. Rumours of course but he’s now also apparently speaking out about not being picked.

I honestly think he won’t be able to come back from another year in reserves but good luck to him.

More power to him but it would be another reflection of his attitude which has lead to him going from a walk up origin selection to a reserve player. He endlessly whinged about not wanting to play wing, he didn’t have the patience to earn a spot in the 2nd row, he publicly sulked about it on several occasions and publicly bagged Seibold (yeah he was a shit coach but that’s still a poor attitude), now he’s apparently happy to spend 2 years in q cup instead of backing himself to rejuvenate his career at another club. Rumours of course but he’s now also apparently speaking out about not being picked.

I honestly think he won’t be able to come back from another year in reserves but good luck to him.
Yep that's how I see it.

Sure he's entitled to take 500k but I think he'd be an idiot.

You would take a contract elsewhere for 250k x 2 years if you're offered a first grade position with the hope of extending your career. He would only need to land one more contract after that and he'll be in a better position than being out in the real world where he would be lucky to make 50k a year. Not to mention 250x 2 is a lot less tax than 500x 1 and you end up with a lot more super that way too.

Yep that's how I see it.

Sure he's entitled to take 500k but I think he'd be an idiot.

You would take a contract elsewhere for 250k x 2 years if you're offered a first grade position with the hope of extending your career. He would only need to land one more contract after that and he'll be in a better position than being out in the real world where he would be lucky to make 50k a year. Not to mention 250x 2 is a lot less tax than 500x 1.
Except we all know how this story plays out.

Oates takes up his $500k PO (because it's $500k and who the **** doesn't take that up)... he then signs a $300k contract with whoever the **** cares FC, his manager pushes for a release except guess what who cares FC doesn't want to pay $500k... so what happens next??

Spoilers: Broncos release Oates to whichever idiot team has offered him $300k and we pay the $200k excess like we always do

Oates takes up his $500k PO (because it's $500k and who the **** doesn't take that up)... he then signs a $300k contract with whoever the **** cares FC, his manager pushes for a release except guess what who cares FC doesn't want to pay $500k... so what happens next??

Spoilers: Broncos release Oates to whichever idiot team has offered him $300k and we pay the $200k excess like we always do
Still worth it imo. I don’t like his attitude and think he needs to go.

Still worth it imo. I don’t like his attitude and think he needs to go.
Yeah exactly ... it's worth getting any and all negative personalities out of the club, which appears to be what they're doing.

Any player that doesn't want to be there just brings down every other person in the team that is actually trying.

200k on the salary cap is better than 500k if he's not in first grade, so I'd take that happily.

What’s the issue with his attitude now? In the past I get it with the position bingo but he’s copped being dropped on the chin and has gone back to Q Cup and played the house down twice. At training he doesn’t seem to be a cancer, just dumb. His career looks just about done but if we can’t get 400k of his salary covered, is there really any point to moving him on?

What’s the issue with his attitude now? In the past I get it with the position bingo but he’s copped being dropped on the chin and has gone back to Q Cup and played the house down twice. At training he doesn’t seem to be a cancer, just dumb. His career looks just about done but if we can’t get 400k of his salary covered, is there really any point to moving him on?
He apparently hasn’t taken it on the chin, plenty of stories recently about him not being happy about not being picked. It could all be media fantasy but he definitely has form for bagging his coaches decisions to the media.

I think there would just be the media narrative about a guy trouncing around training who has no future with the club and wants out... i.e. the kicking stones narrative

If his kicking stones becomes toxic on the rest of the playing group then it's better to get them out.

If his attitude has already become toxic then he should be removed as soon as possible.

I doubt that he is toxic at the moment, but broncos want him gone... so there's a risk there given he can't seem to get back into first grade

Hopefully the change of environment turns him into a more consistent player, he hasn't been a mainstay at the Dragons which is worrying

I dont think its his attitude. He's been constantly asking Kevvie what he needs to do and gets no constructive feedback. Nobody is going to give up a $500k a year contract and be worse off financially for it. I've said it before, its easy for people on here to say what these players should do, but if any of us were in the same situation and got asked to give up hundreds of thousands of dollars we wouldnt do it. The only way Oatesy will leave is if the deal is right financially for his family.

And a lot of the stuff with him playing back row was just him stirring people up. He did want to play there, but it was never the issue the press made it out to be.

200k on the salary cap is better than 500k if he's not in first grade, so I'd take that happily.

We wont get away with it that cheaply i dont think. Teams know this, i think its more likely we are looking at chipping in $350k to get him off the books.

I dont think its his attitude. He's been constantly asking Kevvie what he needs to do and gets no constructive feedback. Nobody is going to give up a $500k a year contract and be worse off financially for it. I've said it before, its easy for people on here to say what these players should do, but if any of us were in the same situation and got asked to give up hundreds of thousands of dollars we wouldnt do it. The only way Oatesy will leave is if the deal is right financially for his family.

And a lot of the stuff with him playing back row was just him stirring people up. He did want to play there, but it was never the issue the press made it out to be.
I’m not saying what he should do, that’s completely up to him and I definitely get keeping the easy money. I do think a more ambitious player would leave though.

The whole thing is a mess.

I’m not saying what he should do, that’s completely up to him and I definitely get keeping the easy money. I do think a more ambitious player would leave though.

The whole thing is a mess.

I dont think any player is giving up what some are suggesting he should. We are definatly taking a big hit to get him off the books because our cap mess is so public. He isnt happy about playing ISC, which is a good sign for me, if he was it would be a worry. His unhappiness is coming from him not being told what he needs to fix up to get back in the team.

Unread

Active Now

• Allo
  • davidp
  • Bish
  • broncotville
  • Skyblues87
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Santa
  • Alec
  • sooticus
  • MrMoore
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • johnyE
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.