OFFICIAL Broncos sign Jordan Pereira

Again, which is pointless. If we want to get rid of some of the blokes on contract, we are going to need to chip in for their salary. So we will still end up paying the same amount of money, while downgrading to a pleb like Pereira.

In your opinion.

A nice depth signing but that's about it. Maybe he'll be make that step up to regular first grader and he'll have his chance given Coates is gone and Oates is likely gone too. Nothing wrong with replacing an overpaid Oates with the aldi version.

In your opinion.
Do you believe a club will sign Oates and Isaako on equal or more than what Brisbane are currently paying them?

I'm not sure what Isaako is currently on, so let's use Oates as an example. It's widely reported his deal for next year is worth 500-600k so let's meet in the middle for this example at 550k. No club will pay a bloke currently in reserve grade much, even though most people agree he shouldn't be there. So let's say a club goes high and offers him 300k, that's still 250k we need to pay him, now lets add on say 150k for Pereira.

Personally, I'd rather pay Oates 550, instead of a total pay out of 400k for Pereira. Let's not forget Oates is only 26, 2-3 years younger than Pereira who has a talent ceiling of the upper basement.

Ideally if the club want money off next years cap, offer Oates a 3 year deal at 300k, gets the club a big discount, gives Corey a bit of job security and it allows him to stay in Brisbane and keep his other gigs going that he currently has with radio and sponsors etc. And then Pereira can also focus on playing good footy for Souths Logan and getting himself an apprenticeship.

I think he'll start on the left wing next season. Good signing.

Since the downfall of Corey Oates we've been seriously lacking a winger who can reliably make strong runs and bust tackles out of our own end. That's exactly what Pereira does, his numbers in NSW Cup this year paint a picture of what to expect -

Round 1 - 16 runs, 188 metres, 3 tackle busts.
Round 3 - 21 runs, 199 metres, 8 tackle busts, 3 tries, 3 linebreaks.
Round 5 - 19 runs, 146 metres, 5 tackle busts, 1 try, 1 linebreak.
Round 6 - 16 runs, 136 metres, 5 tackle busts.
Round 13 - 20 runs, 137 metres, 2 tackle busts.
Round 14 - 23 runs, 166 metres, 3 tackle busts, 2 tries, 2 linebreaks.
This post is amusing. Let us compare Oates in ISC to this stuff in NSW Cup
Round 1 - 13 runs, 164 metres, 2 tackle busts, 1 line break, 1 try assist, 1 try.
Round 3 - 7 runs, 103 metres, 2 tackle busts.
Round 8 - 13 runs, 147 metres, 3 tackle busts.
Round 9 - 12 runs, 157 metres, 2 tackle busts.
Round 10 - 15 runs, 208 metres, 8 tackle busts, 2 tries, 2 line breaks.

I know which player I'd prefer.

Round 1 - 13 runs, 164 metres, 2 tackle busts, 1 line break, 1 try assist, 1 try.

The one who isn't a complete defensive liability that's been given more than enough chances to improve his defensive decision making and hands under the high ball? Yes, I agree, I'd also prefer Pereira.

The only reason you'd want Oates playing first grade for the Broncos ever again is if you haven't watch football for the last 2 seasons. He's atrocious. Has been for a while.

Where is the official confirmation of this?
Can't see it on either clubs news, only rumour sites.

Lachlan Maranta??

Do you believe a club will sign Oates and Isaako on equal or more than what Brisbane are currently paying them?

I'm not sure what Isaako is currently on, so let's use Oates as an example. It's widely reported his deal for next year is worth 500-600k so let's meet in the middle for this example at 550k. No club will pay a bloke currently in reserve grade much, even though most people agree he shouldn't be there. So let's say a club goes high and offers him 300k, that's still 250k we need to pay him, now lets add on say 150k for Pereira.

Personally, I'd rather pay Oates 550, instead of a total pay out of 400k for Pereira. Let's not forget Oates is only 26, 2-3 years younger than Pereira who has a talent ceiling of the upper basement.

Ideally if the club want money off next years cap, offer Oates a 3 year deal at 300k, gets the club a big discount, gives Corey a bit of job security and it allows him to stay in Brisbane and keep his other gigs going that he currently has with radio and sponsors etc. And then Pereira can also focus on playing good footy for Souths Logan and getting himself an apprenticeship.
Oates has a PO, if he signs elsewhere we don’t pay him anything.

That isn't necessarily true as the Bird situation showed.
Bird left post taking up the option. You tell Oates he won’t play first grade at the broncos again and that if he decides to take up his PO, the club won’t release him for less than $450k. If we have to chip in any more than the 50k he will remain and play the year in Q cup.

Bird left post taking up the option. You tell Oates he won’t play first grade at the broncos again and that if he decides to take up his PO, the club won’t release him for less than $450k. If we have to chip in any more than the 50k he will remain and play the year in Q cup.

He'd get 250 max elsewhere, he isn'r going to give up that money.

It wont worry him if its a financial decision. If he cant get a better deal, he stays. If we want him off the books we have to chip in, and because other clubs know our situation we will be chipping in 60 or 70 percent of his contract i reckon. We arent in a strong position to negotiate.

Active Now

• Skathen
  • BRC088
  • Bucking Beads
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fatboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.