Broncos sign Moses Pangai

austin71

austin71

NRL Player
Apr 21, 2013
Tony Webeck reporting we have signed Moses Pangai. Tevitas older brother.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Re: Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Cool.

I hear people talk about him, and they say he is a good player.

I've never watched him play but he adds depth to the backs so I guess that's a plus.

austin71

austin71

NRL Player
Apr 21, 2013

Cool.

I hear people talk about him, and they say he is a good player.

I've never watched him play but he adds depth to the backs so I guess that's a plus.

Anyone seen him play? ..What position ect...

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014

Anyone seen him play? ..What position ect...

Plays centre/wing IIRC.

I haven't seen him play, but there are highlights of the Townsville Blackhawks on the QRL site and YouTube.

From all reports, he has been in good form and knocked back an offer to join the Sea Eagles.

Last edited:
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014

It's official.

The Broncos have bolstered their stocks in the outside backs with the signing of Moses Pangai from Intrust Super Cup club the Townsville Blackhawks starting in 2017.

The older brother of current Bronco Tevita Pangai Jr, Moses has spent time in NRL systems at the Cowboys, Panthers, Wests Tigers and Raiders but has just the one NRL game to his name with North Queensland back in Round 1, 2012.

During his time at the Raiders he was actually named to play his second NRL game in Round 10, 2014 but was replaced prior to kick-off by Sami Sauiluma for turning up late to training and never featured for the Raiders again.

After an NYC career that spawned two clubs across four seasons and saw him score 28 tries in 75 appearances, Pangai languished in the lower grades at both Penrith and Canberra before uniting with former under-20s coach Kristian Woolf for the Blackhawks' inaugural season in 2015.

Over the past two seasons he has scored 23 tries in 31 games for the Blackhawks, taking his tally of Intrust Super Cup games to 46 with 30 tries after a previous stint with the Mackay Cutters.

A towering centre who was shrugging off much older players when he made his NYC debut at just 16 years of age, Pangai now stands 191 centimetres and weighs 111 kilograms and was a member of the Blackhawks team that won the Intrust Super Cup minor premiership last season before falling to Ipswich in the grand final.

Given his outstanding performances for Townsville the 24-year-old was the subject of a mooted mid-season switch to Manly prior to the June 30 deadline but the opportunity to revive his NRL career will now come under master coach Wayne Bennett at the Broncos from next season.

Broncos sign Moses Pangai - NRL.com

Last edited:
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Decent depth signing I guess.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
He is a big unit. Never been overly impressed with him the little i have seen of him though. Wouldnt have minded Moga for outside back depth tbh, but i think his injuries might have ruined him.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Last year he played 15 games for Townsville and missed six weeks for head butting. Came back into the side for the finals. Scored 11 tries in those 15 games on the end of the Blackhawks clinical machine.

He was really good off Mitchell- so he can read what is going on and is a big unit hard to stop close to the line.

He will be ready to go; Blackhawks train like an NRL side so he won't have any issues slotting in and back with family with family will help.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Honestly, with a big off season (injury free), this guys has some pretty big potential. Still young enough and was touted early on as a superstar.

He can play. Change of scenery and being back home could be a really good thing for him.

I am sure he played 20's when only 17 or so.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Boy he is huge. If he is quick as well as huge, how the heck hasn't he made it thus far?

B

big k

QCup Player
Apr 10, 2013
Boy he is huge. If he is quick as well as huge, how the heck hasn't he made it thus far?

Size doesn't automatically equal success, and talent doesn't either. As the perfect example I present one D Taylor and one T Williams. A quick guess from reading the article attitude has probably held him back.

Last edited:
J

jamesqld

NYC Player
Jun 6, 2013
I remember him in the cowboys U20's. Big unit in the centres as others have said. St the time showed enough potential that i thought would see him go onto playing NRL and he seemed to have a fair few wraps on him back then. I wonder what held him back...

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Size doesn't automatically equal success, and talent doesn't either. As the perfect example I present one D Taylor and one T Williams. A quick guess from reading the article attitude has probably held him back.

Yeah all very good points. Though that said, both those guys went on to have NRL careers, even if average at best. Both even played rep footy. So I think you are absolutely right, he must have a major attitude problem. But given his age, maybe he has finally worked out this could well be his last shot and Wayne thinks he is certainly at good odds of becoming something of a late bloomer.

Active Now

• Evander
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncosarethebest
  • thenry
  • Sproj
  • Manofoneway
  • Harry Sack
  • Redux
  • heartly87
  • The Don
  • broncsgoat
  • teampjta
  • Morepudding
  • Rah88
  • Twopoints
  • Alec
  • Fatboy
  • Tmac
  • Justwin
... and 44 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.