Broncos sign Moses Pangai

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Can't see him playing any games for us anyway.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Can't see him playing any games for us anyway.

Oh really? I am thinking he will play at least a couple of games next season and maybe with a good pre-season could prove to be our long term left centre.

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
I'm actually pretty happy with this signing. I think he'll surprise a lot of people if given a chance. Hopefully he's not here just as a depth signing, but actually gets a fair go. I think he'd be valuable on the wing. Just imagine Oates and Pangai carrying it back. It'll no doubt start our sets off well, especially since our forward pack is by no means big compared to some of the other teams. Pangai is also pretty devastating in attack, especially close to the line, and is pretty athletic despite his size. He's good in the air, can finish tries and can barge his way over blokes to score. He's similar to Manu Vatuvei, but probably not as error prone. If anyone watched the Samoa vs Tonga rep season match, Pangai was pretty good and more than matched it with the regular first graders.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
I'm actually pretty happy with this signing. I think he'll surprise a lot of people if given a chance. Hopefully he's not here just as a depth signing, but actually gets a fair go. I think he'd be valuable on the wing. Just imagine Oates and Pangai carrying it back. It'll no doubt start our sets off well, especially since our forward pack is by no means big compared to some of the other teams. Pangai is also pretty devastating in attack, especially close to the line, and is pretty athletic despite his size. He's good in the air, can finish tries and can barge his way over blokes to score. He's similar to Manu Vatuvei, but probably not as error prone. If anyone watched the Samoa vs Tonga rep season match, Pangai was pretty good and more than matched it with the regular first graders.

I think he has been bought as exclusively a left centre. He has the right arm fend and has a great left hand flick pass to the winger. I would play him their to start next season. A combination of him and Oates is a massive left side wing and centre combo.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
From the little I've seen of him, he looks like he is good under the high ball.

Which is good. Hopefully he can score some tries from kicks.

It would be great if our players contested the ball more.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
You'd think Reed 2.0 and Pearson would be ahead of him anyway

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Jonus Pearson - Rookie of the Year & Winger of the Year
Jai Arrow - Lock of the Year & Rep Player of the Year
Moses Pangai - Centre of the Year

Looks like we've definitely got the cream of the crop in terms of ISC players.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Jonus Pearson - Rookie of the Year & Winger of the Year
Jai Arrow - Lock of the Year & Rep Player of the Year
Moses Pangai - Centre of the Year

Looks like we've definitely got the cream of the crop in terms of ISC players.

Definitely have. Forgot about Arrow. And Ese'ese was also in the mix for prop of the year and the Courier Mail ISC player of the year.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
What about Seve? I heard he's supposed to be some gun, but he's nothing of the year that I know of.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Cyril Connell Cup Player of the Year: David Fifita (Souths Logan Magpies) & Cory Paix (Toowoomba Clydesdales)
Mal Meninga Cup Player of the Year: Alexander Brimson (Gold Coast White) & Gerome Burns (Norths Devils)

3/4 ain't bad.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Definitely have. Forgot about Arrow. And Ese'ese was also in the mix for prop of the year and the Courier Mail ISC player of the year.

Herman finished with two other props in front of him in the voting. Page and Anderson.

He was five points off Cudleigh too.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Really looking forward to seeing what this guy can do.

S

sus

QCup Player
Aug 20, 2013
what im really wondering is wtf is funaki where you need him.. that attitude last week looks like it sure couldve come in handy fridy!

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
I've seen a bit of Funaki at the Tigers. He could be a really, really good player. He is strong, aggressive, has a bit of passing ability, has footwork and is pretty quick. If I remember correctly, he was more an edge backrower and he was pretty devastating in the under 20s. Hopefully he can develop and crack the first grade side.

S

sus

QCup Player
Aug 20, 2013
never wouldve guessed abt the passing game but yeah he seems like he'd be one of the last MFs youd wanna tackle.. stark contrast to the rest of our current pack

how long ago would that of been Bazza, how old is he now?? still got it in him? we only signed him less than a year ago right? **** me last off season seems so long ago!!!

Unread

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Broncosarethebest
  • lynx000
  • Griffo
  • TimWhatley
  • leon.bott
  • Porthoz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • pennywisealfie
  • Big Del
  • Wolfie
  • Tim K
  • Manofoneway
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncsgoat
  • Bish
  • Harry Sack
  • Bucking Beads
  • mystico
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.