Broncos sign Moses Pangai

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Shame, it seems that Bennett just can't see what everyone else sees with Maranta.

abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
Shame, it seems that Bennett just can't see what everyone else sees with Maranta.

You mean Wayne can't see that Maranta is a minimum wage depth player who should only get a run when we have so many backline injuries that Alex Glenn spends half the season playing left centre?

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
You mean Wayne can't see that Maranta is a minimum wage depth player who should only get a run when we have so many backline injuries that Alex Glenn spends half the season playing left centre?

No, I mean that Wayne can't see that he is going so bad and has done so for so long that another, younger ALSO minimum wage depth player might well just do better.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
younger ALSO minimum wage depth player might well just do better.

The issue is, outside of Pearson, the Broncos don't have any natural wingers playing in the QRL.

Bennett could always improvise, but I understand his decision to stick with a player who did the job for him last year until Kahu returns.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
The issue is, outside of Pearson, the Broncos don't have any natural wingers playing in the QRL.

Bennett could always improvise, but I understand his decision to stick with a player who did the job for him last year until Kahu returns.

All fair points BUT, Maranta is not a 'natural' winger at all. He's a fullback and clearly out of his depth these days on the wing.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
While Maranta is more adept at fullback, he's spent the vast majority of his senior career on the wing.

He understands the position better than the other candidates.

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
While Maranta is more adept at fullback, he's spent the vast majority of his senior career on the wing.

He understands the position better than the other candidates.
But just can't pull it off

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Yep I thought Maranta was doing ok til he got replaced last year. He has had a very poor 2016 punctuated by injury.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
It's better than nothing, besides he did produce a good performance against North Queensland, so it isn't really THAT long ago.

The fact they're in this position speaks to their recruitment and their inability to sign quality depth players. However, given the hand they have, it's easy to see why Wayne is remaining patient with Maranta.

Unread

Active Now

• lynx000
  • ivanhungryjak
  • scobie
  • Manlyman
  • Bucking Beads
  • Johnny92
  • Gympie devil
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Manofoneway
  • Sproj
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • mrslong
  • phoenix
  • eggstar10
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.