Broncos sign Payne Haas

Re: Broncos sign Payne Hass

Anyone seen him play?

he is a big unit and goes good against the juniors who are yet to mature. not to say he cant go on but its a long road.
there is a better one than him floating around though imo. i cant remember the kids full name but i think his first name is tino, and from memory he is from up gympie way. he is the one i would lock up right now if i were making the decisions, the kid is a beast and isnt just a bulldozer type forward.

What happened to that other huge 15/16 year old we signed - Smith. Didnt hear him get a crack at 20s yet. He was suppose to be the next big thing. Lets hope This one is different. Still think its too young to sign for that amount of time TBH

unfortunately he is well off the rails, last time i seen syd he looked about 130 kilos and was trying to fight everyone one the field.
i agree with you wholly, 3 years is madness and reeks of desperation.
im concerned we still arent developing and recruiting well enough. we have bought in a heap of players from outside our system which highlights the fact that we are missing the mark to often.

Re: Broncos sign Payne Hass

he is a big unit and goes good against the juniors who are yet to mature. not to say he cant go on but its a long road.
there is a better one than him floating around though imo. i cant remember the kids full name but i think his first name is tino, and from memory he is from up gympie way. he is the one i would lock up right now if i were making the decisions, the kid is a beast and isnt just a bulldozer type forward.

Hoepfully he can mature well. Do you know how long Tino is signed for?

[h=1]Wayne Bennett’s heart-to-heart convinced Payne Haas to join Brisbane Broncos[/h]

d3e8fffee0fd9263fe648954fd614824

WAYNE Bennett’s “words from the heart’’ convinced Gold Coast teen Payne Haas - the hottest young prospect in rugby league - to link with the Brisbane Broncos.

The 16-year-old Haas was being chased by up to 10 NRL clubs but decided to link with the Broncos until the end of 2019 after speaking to Bennett and his family about his future.
The Australian schoolboys prop is rated one of the most exciting young players in the game, but being so young Haas has decided that Brisbane, just a 45-minute trip up the M1 is the best environment for his development.
“He spoke from his heart to me and there felt like a real connection there,’’ Haas said of his conversation with Bennett.
“There’s a connection to Wayne and I can talk to him, so it was good stuff from him.
“(That’s when I knew) this is the right club for me and development-wise, it’s the best there, especially learning from that kind of person, it’s crazy for me to learn off (Bennett).’’
Haas, who has honed his skills over five years at renowned rugby league nursery Keebra Park High School, said even more than the influence of Bennett though, being close to his family was key.
“Wayne spoke on the phone but it was more the family side of things,’’ said Haas, the third-oldest of 10 children.
“It was me staying up here and getting the best development, so I think the Broncos will be the best for that.
“I’m only 45 minutes away from home, so it’s good.

“Especially for the dark days at training, you need family around to talk to, especially with mum and dad around, it’s good and at the Broncos, I can always (come home and) have that talk to them.’’
112d043fe327e13f639377746ead68ca

Payne Haas in action for Queensland schoolboys team. Picture: SMP Images/QRL MediaHaas is preparing for a “development year” next season where he hopes to break into the under-20s before eventually making the Broncos’ NRL squad.
And he has plenty of forward role models to learn from, another reason for choosing the Broncos.
“There’s probably some of the best in the game there to help me with my game so to learn off them will be a crazy thing and help me as a footy player and as a person off the field as well,’’ he said.
“I look up to their forwards, they’re all real good forwards and the way they are off the field too is special. They’re all good people and that’s what I like.’’
Role models are important to Haas and his family, who, along with the likes of Greg Lenton and Glenn Campbell at Keebra have impressed upon him the importance of being a good person as well as a good footballer.
“Mum and dad taught me that you have to be a good person and the way you treat people is the way you get treated, so that’s the way I want to learn,’’ Haas said.

No Cookies | Gold Coast Bulletin

Wayne Bennett’s heart-to-heart convinced Payne Haas to join Brisbane Broncos

d3e8fffee0fd9263fe648954fd614824

WAYNE Bennett’s “words from the heart’’ convinced Gold Coast teen Payne Haas - the hottest young prospect in rugby league - to link with the Brisbane Broncos.

The 16-year-old Haas was being chased by up to 10 NRL clubs but decided to link with the Broncos until the end of 2019 after speaking to Bennett and his family about his future.
The Australian schoolboys prop is rated one of the most exciting young players in the game, but being so young Haas has decided that Brisbane, just a 45-minute trip up the M1 is the best environment for his development.
“He spoke from his heart to me and there felt like a real connection there,’’ Haas said of his conversation with Bennett.
“There’s a connection to Wayne and I can talk to him, so it was good stuff from him.
“(That’s when I knew) this is the right club for me and development-wise, it’s the best there, especially learning from that kind of person, it’s crazy for me to learn off (Bennett).’’
Haas, who has honed his skills over five years at renowned rugby league nursery Keebra Park High School, said even more than the influence of Bennett though, being close to his family was key.
“Wayne spoke on the phone but it was more the family side of things,’’ said Haas, the third-oldest of 10 children.
“It was me staying up here and getting the best development, so I think the Broncos will be the best for that.
“I’m only 45 minutes away from home, so it’s good.

“Especially for the dark days at training, you need family around to talk to, especially with mum and dad around, it’s good and at the Broncos, I can always (come home and) have that talk to them.’’
112d043fe327e13f639377746ead68ca

Payne Haas in action for Queensland schoolboys team. Picture: SMP Images/QRL MediaHaas is preparing for a “development year” next season where he hopes to break into the under-20s before eventually making the Broncos’ NRL squad.
And he has plenty of forward role models to learn from, another reason for choosing the Broncos.
“There’s probably some of the best in the game there to help me with my game so to learn off them will be a crazy thing and help me as a footy player and as a person off the field as well,’’ he said.
“I look up to their forwards, they’re all real good forwards and the way they are off the field too is special. They’re all good people and that’s what I like.’’
Role models are important to Haas and his family, who, along with the likes of Greg Lenton and Glenn Campbell at Keebra have impressed upon him the importance of being a good person as well as a good footballer.
“Mum and dad taught me that you have to be a good person and the way you treat people is the way you get treated, so that’s the way I want to learn,’’ Haas said.

No Cookies | Gold Coast Bulletin

Sounds like a gentlemen, 10 CHILDREN WOH!

I dunno...I'm not too crazy on this "Payne Hass" name. I can see some serious ribbing from other the other sides fans.

I dunno...I'm not too crazy on this "Payne Hass" name. I can see some serious ribbing from other the other sides fans.

His name could possibly bring a cult following. I remember that Wayne Kerr bloke who played for Ireland and iirc everyone got behind because of his name.

Still dunno...sounds like some crazy NSW / Irish thing to me.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Tim K
  • Bish
  • Fatboy
  • Santa
  • broncsgoat
  • TimWhatley
  • FACTHUNT
  • Pablo
  • broncos4life
  • Financeguy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • Tmac
  • Waynesaurus
  • mieko
  • lynx000
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.