OFFICIAL Broncos Sourced Player Movement and Confirmed Signings - Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would signal to me personally that the Storm are dumb as ****. They aren't. I would be shocked, shocked I say!

But they have three hookers and 0 wingers. B.Smith is also perfect for their system. They can't keep both B.Smith and Grant, so one has to give. Let's hope this rumour is more than hot air.

Couldn’t tell you but that would mean another hooker gets a tap on the shoulder here and most likely heads down the highway

Man, I'm not going to be able to sleep now, so excited!!!

But they have three hookers and 0 wingers. B.Smith is also perfect for their system. They can't keep both B.Smith and Grant, so one has to give. Let's hope this rumour is more than hot air.

If they let Grant go, they are crazy. B Smith compliments their play too well playing away from hooker. Grant is looking like a generational talent.

I'd LOVE for this to be true, but I can't see it.

That said, if it happens I'll eat a BHQ members brains. Let's say, oh, broncosgoat.

Last edited:
If they let Grant go, they are crazy. B Smith complements their play too well playing away from hooker. Grant is looking like a generational talent.

That said, if it happens I'll eat a BHQ members brains. Let's say, oh, broncosgoat.

Yeah I can see your point for sure but they love B.Smith down there and he can certainly fit their system. It wouldn't be a howler for them to let Grant go with B.Smith there as well.

Yeah I can see your point for sure but they love B.Smith down there and he can certainly fit their system. It wouldn't be a howler for them to let Grant go with B.Smith there as well.

I think they would force Hughes out and try and keep Smith and Smith and Grant and make it work.

With Bellamy finishing up soon, I think they are looking long term, and Grant is the best of the lot.

mitch is a good poster here, but what is his average with these scoops?

I would have believed the rumour if it was Brandon Smith, there's absolutely zero chance the Storm let Grant go.. and I mean ZERO.

Brandon has family living in Brisbane, makes a lot of sense for both sides if we can give him decent money.

I would have believed the rumour if it was Brandon Smith, there's absolutely zero chance the Storm let Grant go.. and I mean ZERO.

Brandon has family living in Brisbane, makes a lot of sense for both sides if we can give him decent money.
If Cameron plays on it’s not a matter of allowing Grant to leave. Grant has an option if Cam plays on Brendan doesn’t so one can go and one has no choice.

I doubt this is any chance at all of coming off but if Cam is playing on and Melbourne is screaming out for wingers I could see them swooping on Oates and banking they can get the best out of him and watch him finish 2021 with 30 try’s.

If Cameron plays on it’s not a matter of allowing Grant to leave. Grant has an option if Cam plays on Brendan doesn’t so one can go and one has no choice.

I doubt this is any chance at all of coming off but if Cam is playing on and Melbourne is screaming out for wingers I could see them swooping on Oates and banking they can get the best out of him and watch him finish 2021 with 30 try’s.
Yeah but if that is true, why would we have to give them Oates? If he has a release clause we don't have to negotiate with the Storm at all. Mind you, I'd love for them to take Oates, anybody, somebody? I'm over him.

Yeah but if that is true, why would we have to give them Oates? If he has a release clause we don't have to negotiate with the Storm at all. Mind you, I'd love for them to take Oates, anybody, somebody? I'm over him.
That’s the part that makes it iffy, we don’t have to deal with them but god knows when Cam will even make it official which can officially trigger Grants clause. Storm could be using it to there advantage.

I’d be on the phone to Vunivalu after that Wallabies game. Surely you don’t want to play for them mate? I don’t like how the guy plays but if we could somehow swap Isaako for Vunivalu, that would be awesome. If not him, Koroibete would be great too. I don’t watch enough Union to know who else would suit league, but I reckon the NRL should give each club an extra million to target the best rugby players available. If we could somehow achieve any of this I’d be very happy. Time to be ruthless and get rid of a few of the players we have that put us under a lot of pressure on and off the field.

Lose- Hopoate, O’Sullivan, Oates, Ofahengaue, Isaako, Luke, Te’o, Kahu, Isaako, McCullough and TPJ

Gain- Asiata, Grant, Allan, Sua, Vunivalu, Copley

I think they’ve probably been re-signed or signed with other SL clubs, but I would love someone like Mike McMeekan (2nd Rower), Niall Evalds (wing), Morgan Smithies (2nd row), Joe Philbin (2nd row), Alex Walmsley (prop) and Liam Watts (prop). Backs never seem to do well but these forwards could fit right in the NRL.

I’d obviously be raiding the Q Cup too, with players like Jono Reuben, Jordan Grant, Nixon Putt able to make the jump to first grade in my opinion.

Ah, a man can dream.

Based on that little bit of fantasy footy, we could have a squad like this

1 Corey Allan
2 Xavier Coates
3 Jack Bird
4 Herbie Farnworth
5 Suliasi Vunivalu
6 Anthony Milford
7 Tom Dearden
8 Payne Haas
9 Harry Grant
10 Patrick Carrigan
11 Jaydn Sua
12 Jordan Riki
13 John Asiata

14 Jake Turpin
15 Thomas Flegler
16 Ethan Bullemore
17 Alex Glenn

18 Kotoni Staggs (injured)
19 Brodie Croft
20 Jordan Grant
21 Nixon Putt

22 Tesi Niu
23 Richie Kennar
24 Dale Copley
25 Tyson Gamble
26 Corey Paix
27 Rhys Kennedy
28 Keenan Palasia

29 Reece Walsh
30 Brendan Piakura
31 Kobe Hetherington
32 Pride Patterson-Robati

Struggling to find room for Jono Reuben, Jesse Arthars, Selwyn Cobbo and Xavier Wilson with the smaller squads for 2021. Would be such a fun team to watch with Walters at the helm.

edit: hey 10,000 posts. Nice

Last edited:
Swap, as in what they did with the Tigers or swap, as in permanent?

Do you rate him?

I don't really watch much Cowboys because I find them a boring team so I don't really have much of an opinion on Asiata.
I do rate him. He is a ball playing lock and what we need. I understand questions about whether he can play 80 but that could well just be Green is an idiot (can’t be denied) rather than his inability. In either case on a one year deal that is perfect, we can find out if he is our lock or part ways after one year.

I’m hearing a swap deal with the storm between oates and a certain hooker
Smiths playing on gents

You take the matrix of rumourship off smokin joe if this happens.

Have to? They’d be doing us 2 favours if they swapped Grant for Oates.

If they let Grant go, they are crazy. B Smith compliments their play too well playing away from hooker. Grant is looking like a generational talent.

You must have a small appetite.....

I’d be on the phone to Vunivalu after that Wallabies game. Surely you don’t want to play for them mate? I don’t like how the guy plays but if we could somehow swap Isaako for Vunivalu, that would be awesome. If not him, Koroibete would be great too. I don’t watch enough Union to know who else would suit league, but I reckon the NRL should give each club an extra million to target the best rugby players available. If we could somehow achieve any of this I’d be very happy. Time to be ruthless and get rid of a few of the players we have that put us under a lot of pressure on and off the field.

Lose- Hopoate, O’Sullivan, Oates, Ofahengaue, Isaako, Luke, Te’o, Kahu, Isaako, McCullough and TPJ

Gain- Asiata, Grant, Allan, Sua, Vunivalu, Copley

I think they’ve probably been re-signed or signed with other SL clubs, but I would love someone like Mike McMeekan (2nd Rower), Niall Evalds (wing), Morgan Smithies (2nd row), Joe Philbin (2nd row), Alex Walmsley (prop) and Liam Watts (prop). Backs never seem to do well but these forwards could fit right in the NRL.

I’d obviously be raiding the Q Cup too, with players like Jono Reuben, Jordan Grant, Nixon Putt able to make the jump to first grade in my opinion.

Ah, a man can dream.
You wouldn't need a million for each club to buy the best wallabies talent. The entire national squad would fit under the cap by a very, very large margin if clubs didnt pay overs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Jedhead
  • pennywisealfie
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.