OFFICIAL Broncos Sourced Player Movement and Confirmed Signings - Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Well the first Monday after November 1 is up and nothing to show for it.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Sort of, they never had him so they didn't stuff up keeping him but they certainly stuffed up getting him. I said at the time they told him to catch an Uber in and don't tell dad about our meeting.

Sam told Ben and when compared to Easts taking Ben and Kylie down to Sydney and showcasing where he would live and how they would look after him- decision was easy. Trying to get a 16 year old to sign a deal without his dad didn't go well.
That's sounds totally unbelievable and if it was true I find it even less believable that this wouldn't be a huge story.

Yes our admin are fucking incompetent and no doubt the fucked up the signing, but the story of how this happened just doesn't make sense. Essentially they tried to lure a child without their parents knowledge.

This is some purple monkey dishwasher bullshit right here.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Don't believe it completely as fact, it's probably second-hand biased info. Remember, 1910 has close ties with the Q-Cup and the Jets in particular, and has shown in the past that he doesn't particularly like the Broncos. I can only assume it's the old "Brisbane joined the NSWRL which relegated the Brisbane comp to reserve grade" butthurt coming in.

I don't want to ruin a good conspiracy theory but if I was working with Ben and Sam every week as you claim wouldn't that put me in a position to know- not, not know as you claim?

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Let's hypothesize it is true and all the other recent rumours, we are genuinely looking at:

1. Allan
2. Coates
3. Copley/Staggs
4. Bird
5. Farnworth
6. Milford/Hughes
7. Dearden
8. Carrigan
9. Grant
10. Haas
11. Su'A
12. TPJ
13. Asiata

14. Paix
15. Flegler
16. ??
17. Riki

SQUEEEE!!!!
Realistically Hughes isn’t their next year only from 2022

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
I wouldn't be so sure. Oates is rubbish now but still young enough and obviously has shown SOO levels on the wing. The Storm are desperately looking for a winger as they are losing both of theirs. This has more merit than it might seem on the surface.
Yeag spot on... that’s the one club I wouldn’t want to release Oates to because I know very well they can get the best out of him... and the storm would know they can to

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
With regards to B. Smith and Grant, if we were in Melbourne's position and had to make a choice, which way would you go? Personally I've not seen Smith play at hooker. Only in the prop/13 role he's been mostly used.
If I am really being honest the best game I have seen Brandon play far out ways a game Grant has played at hooker... I just think that Brandon compliments the rest of the storm side better than Grant does

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
It would be very Corey Oates-like for him to agitate for a move to get down to Melbourne to revitalise his career under Bellamy only to have Bellamy agree to come to the Broncos straight afterwards.
All it takes is a good pre-season to get back in the rhythm and pick up where he left off a bit over a year ago

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I don't want to ruin a good conspiracy theory but if I was working with Ben and Sam every week as you claim wouldn't that put me in a position to know- not, not know as you claim?

At best it means you would be passing on your likely re-interpred or over-simplified version of something that happened to someone's kid.

At worst you are helping sharpen someone else's axe.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Weren't Staggs and Dearden supposedly gone the moment the clock struck 12.01am?

I haven't looked out the window, but perhaps the sky isn't falling?
Were you watching in 2020? The sky already fell

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Weren't Staggs and Dearden supposedly gone the moment the clock struck 12.01am?

I haven't looked out the window, but perhaps the sky isn't falling?
Still sounds like we got some decent issues that will get better only after they're punted , which isn't ideal when at a crucial time.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
A question was asked to Hooper (i know) in his live blog, about Oates to the Storm and Grant to us ... his response was "News to me, but you might be onto something"

he also stated that The Dragons want Ofahengaue but can't get a deal done as we are playing hardball ... given Ofa isn't on a huge contract, I wonder if it is another case of the Dragons trying to get one of our players for minimum wage with us paying the rest (similar to the rumours about the potential Bird deal)

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
he also stated that The Dragons want Ofahengaue but can't get a deal done as we are playing hardball ... given Ofa isn't on a huge contract, I wonder if it is another case of the Dragons trying to get one of our players for minimum wage with us paying the rest (similar to the rumours about the potential Bird deal)
Really hope the club is telling them if they want to play else where they will release them rather than kick in money for them to play elsewhere.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
At best it means you would be passing on your likely re-interpred or over-simplified version of something that happened to someone's kid.

At worst you are helping sharpen someone else's axe.

I'd say you just realised the big hole in your story. You didn't know Ben coached and Sam played at the Jets did you? It's the only explanation for the massive unexplained gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Battler
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Hoof Hearted
  • porouian
  • thenry
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • Manofoneway
  • pennywisealfie
  • Fatboy
  • Broncorob
  • Skathen
  • mrslong
  • westy316
  • MrMoore
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • GCBRONCO
... and 58 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.