NEWS Broncos star’s horrific fall from grace

April 28th 1999 i watched our beloved captain announce his retirement form the Broncos...20 years later it seems another Broncos captain is departing the same fashion...

It was gut-wrenching then....it is now...

Wheres there is smoke there is fire; behind the scenes i think everyone knows exactly whats gunna happen.....the clubs seems to have adopted attitude of giving Darius every opportunity to go out on his terms but........seems its gunna be messy

A 20 year repeat comes knocking again...

Maybe just remove the captaincy from him and see if that free's him up a bit?

I know that sounds like a bad thing but removing that added pressure could be beneficial.

Either that or the glue factory.

Could work. Some players crumble under the added pressure.

He was the form fullback of the comp until he got that captaincy. It's been downhill from there.

Could work. Some players crumble under the added pressure.

He was the form fullback of the comp until he got that captaincy. It's been downhill from there.

wish we had this conversation before the season started....bit late right now to entertain this..?

He was the form fullback of the comp until he got that captaincy.
Yep. Lest we forget. Man of the match at rep level too.

He has it in him.

Last edited:
Sorry Darius you've been a great servant to the club and game but even you know it's time to give it up. You are a shadow of your former self. Don't think I have seen u break a tackle or made a line break or assist. Your runs are generally from dummy half on the 4th and rushing on the first tackle for that inspirational tackle doesn't give u brownie points as everyone knows the opposition won't kick on the 1st.
Let's hope the board and Boyd can work something out so u can retire after this year.

Sorry Darius you've been a great servant to the club and game but even you know it's time to give it up. You are a shadow of your former self. Don't think I have seen u break a tackle or made a line break or assist. Your runs are generally from dummy half on the 4th and rushing on the first tackle for that inspirational tackle doesn't give u brownie points as everyone knows the opposition won't kick on the 1st.
Let's hope the board and Boyd can work something out so u can retire after this year.

Inglis retired mid-season OK - but did it with the help of the media running protection for him.

I think the idea solution for Boyd would be a-la Alfie - and look to England.

If upper management did actually put a stop to Seibold dropping Boyd, then it makes you wonder whether they did the same thing with Bennett.

You mean as in Bennett might have wanted to drop Boyd as well?

The thing is, Darius does not seem like the kind of guy that’ll fight for his place in the team.

That is good strategy. I have no problem with that, and it's something he does well. Defence often concedes a lot of territory on the back of that, it's quite deflating.

Weird thing to hold against him.

That is good strategy. I have no problem with that, and it's something he does well. Defence often concedes a lot of territory on the back of that, it's quite deflating.

Weird thing to hold against him.

It’s because he’ll do that and put in next to no effort when we actually need him to.

Mistake? He’s got another 5.5 years making $600k+. Wish I could make a mistake like that.

Me too but I was thinking in terms of his career.
He is unlikely to see out that time and will never be a head coach in the nrl again.

Unread

Active Now

• davidp
  • Johnny92
  • Allo
  • Hurrijo
  • Bish
  • broncotville
  • Skyblues87
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Santa
  • Alec
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.