Broncos take on Cowboys in 2020 trial and Round 1

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
The first of the Brisbane Broncos’ trial games for next year has been confirmed – a clash with North Queensland Cowboys in Cairns on Saturday, February 22.

The two Queensland teams will meet at Barlow Park as they fine-tune their preparations for 2020, with a number of big name players expected to be available.

The Cairns trial will be played the week after the NRL Nines tournament in Perth on February 14-15, while another trial is still being finalised for February 29.

Also it appears we play them Round 1 at their new stadium.

Last edited:
Play Boyd and McC in the forwards and just wipe them out for the season.

Wait the 9s tournament is next pre-season??

Wait the 9s tournament is next pre-season??

Dunno why, I much preferred the timing of the last one, a few weeks after the final while the players are still in shape.

The pre-season 9's are horrible, people don't have game fitness, usually lends itself to more injuries occurring as well..

Edit: Wait, we're having two 9's tournaments in one off-season? What the

Last edited:
Dunno why, I much preferred the timing of the last one, a few weeks after the final while the players are still in shape.

The pre-season 9's are horrible, people don't have game fitness, usually lends itself to more injuries occurring as well..

Edit: Wait, we're having two 9's tournaments in one off-season? What the

Exactly, weird right?

Hope we don’t get drawn to play the cows in Rd 1 as I would prefer a reasonable gap between the trial and the premiership fixture.

Hope we don’t get drawn to play the cows in Rd 1 as I would prefer a reasonable gap between the trial and the premiership fixture.

Guess what, Round 1 vs Cowboys at their new stadium.

Whatever the draw, we need to start the season with everybody's head in the game!!!

It’s a shame we won’t have TPJ. His battles with Taumalolo are entertaining.

It’s a shame we won’t have TPJ. His battles with Taumalolo are entertaining.
Won't his suspension be done.. isn't he missing tests for tonga plus sanctioned trials usually count towards suspensions I think.

To be fair it does make sense for the NRL to do so for the opening of their stadium.

Won't his suspension be done.. isn't he missing tests for tonga plus sanctioned trials usually count towards suspensions I think.
I hope you are right. Maybe someone else could clear that up.

Would be nice to punish them at their new stadium.

I hope you are right. Maybe someone else could clear that up.

Tonga's test matches will count towards his suspension which will make it 5 weeks. He'll be in the side for the season opener.

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Manlyman
  • Broncs1459
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.