Broncos targeting current Panther

Don't really care who we go for, was just contributing to the discussion.

I hope it's not Coote, I don't rate him that highly.

he has a good try scoring record though (this surprised me a bit) and he's a good support player, so maybe he would be worth a punt.

I hope it's not Coote, I don't rate him that highly.

he has a good try scoring record though (this surprised me a bit) and he's a good support player, so maybe he would be worth a punt.
So do you want him or not? :001_tt2:

The only issue I have with Coote is that he's injury prone, otherwise he's a splendid FB with speed, excellent support play, a good boot and a nice pass too...

I wouldn't mind Coote at fullback, he's a very good fullback who's just had a shit run of luck with injuries.

He currently has a season ending shoulder injury...

Wiki says he's played 76 games since 2008. From what I remember he was only really first choice in 2009 because that's when Wesser went to the Rabbitohs, he including this seasons season ending injury has played 76 out of a possible 125 games? The only real worry is his original season ending injury was his shoulder which is his current injury.

If he gets in body right he would be a very handy buy for us but he'd have to come relatively cheap given his injury history.

Really though, I think we should sign Kevin Naiqama, he's off contract and he can't get a spot at the Knights with McManus, Uate and Boyd the first choice back 3.

So do you want him or not? :001_tt2:
haha, it means that while I personally don't think he's the answer, there are some things about him that do make you go hmm, maybe he is worth a punt.

the fact he's pretty decent in the air despite not being the biggest of blokes, he's a good support player, would bring enthusiasm to the side, good speed. has not a bad try scoring record either, something like 43 in 76 which is surprising to me at least.

i don't know what he's like with ball in hand and he does have some injury issues, but i do remember a while back the panthers were trying to get rid of him because of the wages he was on, perhaps it is him?

I doubt there is any truth to these rumours, if he comes at the right price why not, we got so much damn cap space who the hell cares. By the way, Broncos are trying to get Bowen next year as our fullback, we've made him an offer.... this is a joke of course, but now that i've brought it up I wouldn't put it passed the Broncos to get him on the cheap as a backup and then play him the whole year (when he is not injured that is).

I wouldn't mind Coote at fullback, he's a very good fullback who's just had a **** run of luck with injuries.

He currently has a season ending shoulder injury...

Wiki says he's played 76 games since 2008. From what I remember he was only really first choice in 2009 because that's when Wesser went to the Rabbitohs, he including this seasons season ending injury has played 76 out of a possible 125 games? The only real worry is his original season ending injury was his shoulder which is his current injury.

If he gets in body right he would be a very handy buy for us but he'd have to come relatively cheap given his injury history.

Really though, I think we should sign Kevin Naiqama, he's off contract and he can't get a spot at the Knights with McManus, Uate and Boyd the first choice back 3.

Coote's current injury is a torn bicep, not a shoulder.

Coote's current injury is a torn bicep, not a shoulder.
Lol, well I was going off a injury list and it doesn't surprise me those things are never accurate.

Seriously though, it just seems he's had a bad run of injuries rather than being "injury prone", it's not like he keeps getting a hamstring injury like a certain player in our team :tongue_smilie:

For the right price, Coote would be a good acquisition to our team but then again we may not need him.

With JYY fully fit and copley back we could run with this next year (at full strength):

1. Kahu
2. Copley
3. Hoffman
4. Hodges
5. JYY

Yes that means Reed would be dropped (unlikely with a 4 year contract) but I don't personally think he earns a spot in the centres over Hodges or Hoffman and I don't think he's a better winger than Copley or JYY.

Kevin Naiqama would be a very nice addition to our team though, have him at fullback, Kahu on wing with Hoffman at centres (or the other way around) with Copley playing reserves along with Reed. There will be some selection headaches with a fully fit backline next year for Griffin, more so if we get a guy like Naiqama which we should because when we undoubtedly have injuries it's better to call on Copley than Maranta.

Last edited:
Lol, well I was going off a injury list and it doesn't surprise me those things are never accurate.

Seriously though, it just seems he's had a bad run of injuries rather than being "injury prone", it's not like he keeps getting a hamstring injury like a certain player in our team :tongue_smilie:

For the right price, Coote would be a good acquisition to our team but then again we may not need him.

With JYY fully fit and copley back we could run with this next year (at full strength):

1. Kahu
2. Copley
3. Hoffman
4. Hodges
5. JYY

Yes that means Reed would be dropped (unlikely with a 4 year contract) but I don't personally think he earns a spot in the centres over Hodges or Hoffman and I don't think he's a better winger than Copley or JYY.

Kevin Naiqama would be a very nice addition to our team though, have him at fullback, Kahu on wing with Hoffman at centres (or the other way around) with Copley playing reserves along with Reed. There will be some selection headaches with a fully fit backline next year for Griffin, more so if we get a guy like Naiqama which we should because when we undoubtedly have injuries it's better to call on Copley than Maranta.

Hodges will play about 6 games all year next year. I'd like to see Copley get a shot in the centres. I have never seen Kahu play fullback, but I don't rate his defence in the centres at all, so maybe that's an option.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • Rough and Ready
  • LittleDavey
  • Horseheadsup
  • bazza
  • Scorchie
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Foordy
  • winslow_wong
  • Mustafur
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • Galah
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Painin the Haas
  • Tim K
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.