Broncos team to play St George Illawarra

Wendell has been sitting around twiddling his thumbs waiting to play footy again. He is a legend I hope he scores 8 tries in a losing side.

The Rock said:
[quote="FCB BB AKA MB":19b3utaz]Wendell has been sitting around twiddling his thumbs waiting to play footy again. He is a legend I hope he scores 8 tries in a losing side.

Summed up well!One of my favourite every Broncos and was an awesome player in his time.[/quote:19b3utaz]

I actually played golf with the guy once, one of the nicest guys I have met that could claim to be famous. I was playing a round at my old local club McLeod Country Club in the area where my parents lived (also where Dell and Choc lived during the days of Super League) I was playing on my own and was catching the pair ahead of me on the 3rd tee I think the big dark fella asks me if I wanted to join them? To my amazement it was big Dell and some random of course being a giant Broncos fan I picked my jaw up off the ground and said yeah sure. He got to know me a bit and seemed genuinely interested in everything and included me in conversation throughout the 15 odd holes we played. After a little while he started to even tease me as I addressed the ball (I was intimidated enough as it was) singing stuff like 'come on Brookey baby (my name is Brooke) straight done the middle' in really girly voices plus many more i can't remember. In the end he only beat me by a couple and to my amazement I played quite well he signed my card as a bit of a keepsake for me and told me to keep being a fan and to this day I haven't stopped, champion guy. For the record he drives a golf ball a very long way but from memory can't putt to save himself.

badav said:
Webcke said:
I will shed a tear when I watch dell run over the top of Kemp :(

I dont think we'll have to be too worried about that. Its been 6 and a half years since he played NRL and hes 33 now. He definetaly would not have the same pace and fitness that he had when he left us.
Well going by what he said a few weeks ago, Big Dell himself reckons he's quicker than he was a couple of years ago. Says that a couple of years sitting on the sidelines has really helped freshen him up.

badav said:
Webcke said:
I will shed a tear when I watch dell run over the top of Kemp :(

I dont think we'll have to be too worried about that. Its been 6 and a half years since he played NRL and hes 33 now. He definetaly would not have the same pace and fitness that he had when he left us.

Even if he's a bit slower, he's still huge, running at any sorta pace will cause us trouble.

i think kemp could bag another 3trys this week, dell will get suckered into coming in off his wing all night.........

nopatience101 said:
i think kemp could bag another 3trys this week, dell will get suckered into coming in off his wing all night.........

Yeah, Eric Grothe is supposedly a big "physical" winger like Dell seems to be and Kemp didn't seem to have any worries with him last week! Caught him out a few times coming in too far.

I don't think anyone could be as bad as Grothe at coming off his wing though, so that kinda negates him being big and physical!

Andyman said:
nopatience101 said:

Yeah, Eric Grothe is supposedly a big "physical" winger like Dell seems to be and Kemp didn't seem to have any worries with him last week! Caught him out a few times coming in too far.

Doesn't matter if he's big, he's dumb, you can be big, but if you come in at the wrong times, ofcourse you'll get caught out.

same gameplan as against warriors, get ennis and marsh to just kick behind him and turn him round allnight, tire him out...... he would have to be down on match fitness......

I'm itching to see this Hoffman dude. i like the look of him, and when i like the look of a player they generally turn out to be pretty good players. He's also Dell's cousin (dunno whether that's been mentioned, to lazy to go through the thread).

Haven't seen much of him but similar sort of style and footwork to Hunt and Hodges. Not saying that Hoffman's going to come out and blitz it from his first touch, but he does have plenty of talent.

I'm looking forward to seeing him play as well.

Fox sports news is reporting Ennis to play halfback tomorrow night

Good, we'll be better off with Ennis at halfback. Marsh will do fine at hooker

Yeah good new, Ennis > Marsh at hooker, but Marsh can still play hooker while he'd make a nothing halfback. He's just not a playmaker.

Ennis and Marsh - well, both good hookers, both also have experience playing in the halves. Always expected them to share the load around a bit tonight and I think they will do it fairly well.

This is such a luxury for us at this time of year. Especially, as Mick said - they will probably share the duties and will both do both positions well. I'm really looking forward to seeing them tonight.

Interesting comments on radio this morning from Bruno saying that had there not been the Uner 19 Origin on next week also there would have likely been a few more under 21 players picked i.e Hunt, Beale, Tupou etc

Unread

Active Now

• davidp
  • Allo
  • Bish
  • broncotville
  • Skyblues87
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Santa
  • Alec
  • sooticus
  • MrMoore
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.