Broncos test positive for COVID

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
Threads
Had my boy go into a seizure from a flu fever when he was about 1. We were half an hour from anywhere on 100km roads. Fucking scary. Eyes rolled back…
Shit that's rough. Febrile convulsions, hopefully he grew out of them and has no further issue. Interestingly they usually run in the family, you or your partner may have had them also as a child.

soup

International Rep
May 1, 2013
Threads
Just as an aside. Will the NRL ask the players to refrain from spitting large mouthfuls of spit during matches? It's a terrible look on TV and not the best modelling for our kids in this present climate.
How do other sports handle it? Tennis for instance is more restrained, but the do have a lot of access to their bench between games. Cricket, carry a handkerchief. NBA, access to bench and short bursts of game time.

soup

International Rep
May 1, 2013
Threads
Shit that's rough. Febrile convulsions, hopefully he grew out of them and has no further issue. Interestingly they usually run in the family, you or your partner may have had them also as a child.
He only had the one thankfully… I was on my own, his mum was working in Brisbane. Happened at dusk and there was a crazy range to negotiate full of wildlife. Luckily he came back quick. Terrifying. I had taken a Valium due to my back, so driving was a sketchy idea while holding a seizing baby.

Jedhead

NRL Captain
Jan 8, 2018
Threads
How do other sports handle it? Tennis for instance is more restrained, but the do have a lot of access to their bench between games. Cricket, carry a handkerchief. NBA, access to bench and short bursts of game time.
I've never paid that much attention to other sports to be honest. I know in soccer there is a lot of it too.

soup

International Rep
May 1, 2013
Threads
I've never paid that much attention to other sports to be honest. I know in soccer there is a lot of it too.
I have to spit when running. Fairly regularly.

black comedy GIF

McHunt

State of Origin Rep
Aug 25, 2018
Threads
Few more names for you. They're saying 19 players and staff are out:

KEVVIE WALTERS
Payne Haas
Kurt Capewell
Jamayne Isaako
Herbie Farnworth

soup

International Rep
May 1, 2013
Threads
He only had the one thankfully… I was on my own, his mum was working in Brisbane. Happened at dusk and there was a crazy range to negotiate full of wildlife. Luckily he came back quick. Terrifying. I had taken a Valium due to my back, so driving was a sketchy idea while holding a seizing baby.
I should add that I didn’t drive, only because he came back within a minute.

Edit: it’s amazing how many variables/procedures/opportunities/risks you can process in a minute

McHunt

State of Origin Rep
Aug 25, 2018
Threads
Spotted still standing:

Reynolds
Oates
Kelly
Staggs
Gamble

Oates:

“The world’s changed quickly and we’ve got to adapt now. I love the NFL and have been watching a fair bit of that. They’ve had to adapt really well to it. They test every day, players are in and out, games are moved. It’s about adapting. We’ve done it well the last few years. It’s another hurdle to get over. We’ve got to work with the governments with the rules and do what we can to keep our game going and everyone safe."

“Last year everyone thought it was getting better and then we’ve just been smacked with another variant. It’s just all about adapting. Whatever the NRL decides to do, we’ve got to deal with it and move on. Everyone is dealing with the same thing. We aren’t special people with special treatment.”

“It’s pretty lucky our halves combinations are still together. The blokes that have come in have jelled really well. They fit in straight away."

“It is unfortunate this has happened and we’ve got a couple out, but they’ve adapted well to the way we play. We could lose a half here and there but we’ve got to deal with it. There’s not much we can do. If we stick to the same structures and way the coaches want to play, it shouldn’t matter a lot.”

Latest posts

Who should be captain?

• Herbie Farnworth

• Kotoni Staggs

• Jake Turpin

• Patrick Carrigan

• Payne Haas

• Adam Reynolds

• Billy Walters

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OlivaBraze

Members online

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.