Broncos test positive for COVID

Yeah, all of a sudden signings like Jensen, Walters, re-signing both Kelly and Gamble, Hoeter, Periera, etc are starting to look like a very wise move. Depth is really going to be tested and though none of these guys are superstars they all have a decent amount of experience and will slot in and do a job if covid rocks the starting line up.

It’s going to be a good year to have a lot of depth.
It's going o be a good year to have plenty of stock of Ibuprofen and Codral.

Definitely something we could have done without and it seems covid is going to be impacting the game yet again this season but at least all teams are on the same page in terms of any "bubble" requirements.

Given the calibre of guys who are running the club these days I'd like to think many hours have been spent in the boardroom around a spreadsheet developing a pretty comprehensive risk register identifying every possible way covid could affect the club.

They should have the likelihood of each sector of the business been impacted and potential consequences and all mitigation measures ready to go so that regardless of what happens we have a plan ready to put into place.

Our ability to replace players who miss games because they're positive could have a pretty large bearing on results this year.
You had me at spreadsheet.

I don’t know how this (really) is news.
COVID went through the Knights a couple of weeks back but you won’t find a quarter of the articles written on them. It’s just because it’s the Broncos that this is news..
Everyone will be getting COVID in the near future, better to just get it over and done with tbh & in 99% of cases, its no different to the common cold we have lived with for how many hundreds of years..

Vlandys will stick to his guns and enforce this covid protocol very harshly**

**= until a Sydney team has an important player get it, then it will change to "everyone's going to get it, play on, I don't care what the fans are saying"

Definitely something we could have done without and it seems covid is going to be impacting the game yet again this season but at least all teams are on the same page in terms of any "bubble" requirements.

Given the calibre of guys who are running the club these days I'd like to think many hours have been spent in the boardroom around a spreadsheet developing a pretty comprehensive risk register identifying every possible way covid could affect the club.

They should have the likelihood of each sector of the business been impacted and potential consequences and all mitigation measures ready to go so that regardless of what happens we have a plan ready to put into place.

Our ability to replace players who miss games because they're positive could have a pretty large bearing on results this year.

PW would’ve used an access database …

I don’t know how this (really) is news.
COVID went through the Knights a couple of weeks back but you won’t find a quarter of the articles written on them. It’s just because it’s the Broncos that this is news..
Everyone will be getting COVID in the near future, better to just get it over and done with tbh & in 99% of cases, its no different to the common cold we have lived with for how many hundreds of years..
Well, this is Broncos forum so that's why you're hearing about it here. And it was reported in the QLD newspaper. A google search tells me the Knights were likewise reported on the Knights forum and in the Newcastle press.

As for us getting Covid over and done with, that would be fine except many of the cases - in other countries, particulaly - are reinfections. In the UK, as many as 15% of cases so far are for the second time. So much for the myth of enduring herd immunity. It's fleeting, at most.

If Omicron is always very mild like a cold - which it isn't - and we know it causes no long term effects (cardio, neuro, pulmonary, etc) - which we don't - then maybe getting it over with to gain a short term immunity against immediate reinfection might have merit. But at the moment we can't tick any of those boxes.

Well, this is Broncos forum so that's why you're hearing about it here. And it was reported in the QLD newspaper. A google search tells me the Knights were likewise reported on the Knights forum and in the Newcastle press.

As for us getting Covid over and done with, that would be fine except many of the cases - in other countries, particulaly - are reinfections. In the UK, as many as 15% of cases so far are for the second time. So much for the myth of enduring herd immunity. It's fleeting, at most.

If Omicron is always very mild like a cold - which it isn't - and we know it causes no long term effects (cardio, neuro, pulmonary, etc) - which we don't - then maybe getting it over with to gain a short term immunity against immediate reinfection might have merit. But at the moment we can't tick any of those boxes.

Three more players tested positive: housemates Pat Carrigan, Brendan Piakura and Keenan Palasia. All are so far asymptomatic but still have to isolate. The positive results were picked up in a routine PCR test of the entire squad. Not all results are back yet.

It's an emerging problem right across the comp with at least 50 players already positive or in isolation. Panthers, Tigers, Sharks and Eels are throwing up tons of positives. Not much point giving numbers. It's blowing out by the day. The Eels are expecting half the squad to be isolating.

I’d be interested in how asymptomatic they are, cos in the US sports, players are saying they’re asymptomatic to get back playing early, and then confirm that they’re “feeling better” And “well enough to train again” when they come back. Contradicting themselves.

I’d be interested in how asymptomatic they are, cos in the US sports, players are saying they’re asymptomatic to get back playing early, and then confirm that they’re “feeling better” And “well enough to train again” when they come back. Contradicting themselves.
An interesting question. It should literally mean they have no symptoms whatsoever and the test caught them unaware. The mildest symptom would be fatigue, which would be described as that, not asymptomatic. You wouldn't really be able to complete full training like that but I guess you could do skills.

But asymptomatic could also mean presymptomatic meaning they've caught it early. There's no way of telling other than to wait it out. Either way, they're considered infectious.

I reckon by the end of the month a lot of people will ignore the symptoms, not bother getting tested and soldier on.

An interesting question. It should literally mean they have no symptoms whatsoever and the test caught them unaware. The mildest symptom would be fatigue, which would be described as that, not asymptomatic. You wouldn't really be able to complete full training like that but I guess you could do skills.

But asymptomatic could also mean presymptomatic meaning they've caught it early. There's no way of telling other than to wait it out. Either way, they're considered infectious.

I reckon by the end of the month a lot of people will ignore the symptoms, not bother getting tested and soldier on.
The players? Isn’t there mandatory testing everyday?

No, I mean the lumpenproles.
Why Lumpen proletariat? Why not just proletariat? And while we’re at it why Great Britain? I mean is it that great? I mean we dont have- not bad France? Or Okay Italy and quite good Holland. And was America ever Great America? I think old Trumpy boy got that one really muddled up.

English is a funny old language.

Why Lumpen proletariat? Why not just proletariat? And while we’re at it why Great Britain? I mean is it that great? I mean we dont have- not bad France? Or Okay Italy and quite good Holland. And was America ever Great America? I think old Trumpy boy got that one really muddled up.

English is a funny old language.
It's German:

I have a Facebook medical degree that has recently been upgraded to a dual medical/law degree, free of charge since mandates came in. Pretty confident I could get all Broncos players passed fit to play come Round 1. Failing that, I could get medical exemptions like I did for Novak.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Justwin
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Skathen
  • winslow_wong
  • Volvo Driver
  • BruiserMk1
  • Mustafur
  • Fatboy
  • RodF
  • Mighty Bronx
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Brotherdu
  • Xzei
  • Fozz
  • Midean
  • GCBRONCO
  • Strop
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosAlways
... and 42 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.